Every episode of that "#blackAF" show (Netflix) is titled "because of slavery"

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On this note, they’re out of touch. Young people use thot all over social media.

See, that’s what bothered me too. I was watching like wait, when did nikkas stop callin broads thots? Hell even broads still referring to women as thots.

But I was like right there, that’s clearly something one of their white staff writers would have caught and called out, seeing how out of touch white folks are and think we just use words like fads like they do.

I actually continued watching and I’m on the second last episode, there’s been at least 2-3 episodes I didn’t laugh once. This is literally just a worse version of Black ish. I got this far so at some point I’ll watch the last episode (it’s 8 episodes right?) and that’ll be it. I gave this shyt a chance but... :francis:

Funniest scene from this show is when Kenya’s family is over for that BBQ and he runs into his cousin :mjlol:

Geechiedan214

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Oak Cliff Tx Triple D as a whole
Nah, he has 3 girls and 3 boys (on the show). In real life, he has 4 boys and 2 girls. He basically changed his middle/2nd oldest son into a girl character on the show.

On the Show:

0-1.jpg

IRL:
kenya-barris-wife-and-kids-1587139645514.jpg

EDIT:

Upon reading this article where I got the IRL pic from, I'm not really sure which is the true genders of the kids, lol. The pic above looks to show 4 boys and 2 girls. Other pics on the link looks to show other numbers. Not sure if there's like cousins or something else as far as some of the other kids in the pics.

The Story of Kenya Barris' Marriage Is a Bit More Complicated Off-Screen

True I just realized brooklyn is a boy lol I was thinking the baby was abgirl til at least bout the 5th episode.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Wish he delved into the colourism topic more but good interview regardless.
yeah, I haven't seen it, but my buddy told me that the interview just dropped so I figured he covered the controversies.
These podcasts allow content creators/artists to speak for themselves. Fans can still have opinions, but they don't have to be based on speculation.

---

Superstar
Daps
i finished the rest of it last night... was funny.. cant really compare it to anything.. i hope they continue

They are black. And this is about HIS LIFE. He married a biracial woman and they have a black family. This whole colorism thing amongst us is stupid. Black is black. Light skin dark skin, we all African Americans. Show is funny as fukk.

Agree with the both of these opinions because people that are complaining or just bytching. That's what they normally do about everything just bytch it's a good show and I liked it I want to see more. Tyler Perry part was powerful as hell!

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Couldn't make it past the first episode (wasn't a fan of blackish, grownish, modern family)...just not for me