events in wrestling Kevin Nash would CLAIM he had some involvement in

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Interviewer: Did you ever have any dealings w/ The Rock

Nash: The Rock? Of course.:comeon: I remember when I was just about to leave WWF for WCW, Rocky was beginning to work part-time house shows as a curtain jerker. So one night, I'm in my limo or whatever and I see Rocky get outta his rental. I let the window down and said "Hey kid come here." He walked over, I told him he had a look that could go to the top of this business if he did ONE thing. "Be yourself. Be a little cocky, and come up with a catchphrase, that's the next wave of the business." He said, he appreciated the advice, but he was gonna go w/ the babyface Flex Kavana character. I took a drag of my cigar & laughed in his face :heh:, I said, "you aint gonna draw money that way brah, you aint gettin over like that brah" He walked off. A couple years later, he saw I was right, did what I said and the rest is history.

I saw the Rock at WMXXX this year and he came up to me, no lie, hugged me and had his assistant pull out a checkbook and write me a MILLION dollar check. Said he wanted to thank me b/c without my advice he wouldn't have become The Rock, and never would've become a movie icon.

He texted me a few days ago & said he watches my role in Ninja Turtles 2 for inspiration before every movie shoot.:smugbiden:

Kevin_Nash

2x WWE Hall of Famer
Daps

I got my $400 bottle of Malbac ready, so I have a couple Coli-Exclusive stories for you guys.

Andy Kaufman/Jerry Lawler: I was in college at the time dominating the SEC for the Vols, and we used to catch Memphis Wrestling once in a while. I happened to do security for different campus buildings and one night Andy Kaufman was performing on campus. I was a fan of his and at the time he was doing this wrestling women gimmick. He went over things with me before the show and gave me my role. After the show we were shooting the shyt and he mentioned wanting to take his act to New York and do his gimmick on a bigger stage but Vince Sr. shot it down. I suggested to Andy that he'd get exposure anywhere and said why not just do it in Memphis with Jerry Lawler, who at the time was the biggest name in the region. His eyes lit up, and he motioned to his Manager to get the ball rolling on that.

"World Championship Wrestling":
Mid 80's I was bouncing at a Strip Club in Atlanta and at the time Ted Turner was the man down here. He was hyping up his TV stations and one night Ted comes in with his buddies. Other than slapping one of them around nothing was out of the ordinary. Later in the night I noticed he was motioned toward a back room which I found kinda odd. He came back out and I asked Ted if everything was alright. He was PISSED; I took him aside to talk. Ted said he just got off the phone with Vince McMahon and that Vince insulted him when he was told Ted was getting into wrestling. Ted looked like he wanted to beat his ass and I had to tell Ted the best revenge in the world is success. He had Jim Crockett on his television station and I told Ted "JCP isn't a name that would catch on to the general public". We brainstormed a couple names, and he said "I'll just put on a tournament and call it the World Wrestling Championship." I told Ted he'd get his ass handed to him in court, and suggested he call his television program "World Championship Wrestling". After doing shots of Cuervo, he went back to his boys. Me getting my guaranteed contract and "favored nations" clause in it was my reward for creating the WCW name.

Ending of Wrestlemania IX: The original plan for the Main Event was Yoko beating Bret and Mr. Fuji was going to challenge anyone in the crowd to fight Yoko right there and then. My last gimmick in WCW was Vinny Vegas and Vince thought that if I debuted at Mania in Las Vegas and beat Yoko for the strap, the crowd would go apeshyt for it. The night before the event, I called Vince and told him that @Hollywood Hogan should win the strap one last time. Vince said he had another idea and that wound up being the Diesel character, which ultimately in the end worked out for the best for everyone involved.

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
@3Rivers we need you, bruh :lolbron:
hnJkNm4.png
hnJkNm4.png
hnJkNm4.png
hnJkNm4.png