European vs North American description of the Moors

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
He did do that one. And I just looked up that Ludwig guy and apparently him and Rudolf were friends. I never even heard of him until you mentioned his name.

Since they were friends and we both liked their art, does that mean we are friends :lupe:???

emoney

custom user title
Daps
the moors were arabs and berbers with slave armies. Moor is just an old european word for a muslim. They know the names of the people who ruled the armies and cities. The first emirs of andulus claimed to be quriash and were from syria.

you can't tell these guys this..they are so in need of a self-esteem boost

Ikwa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Berber/Arab/Moorish were the first to write about and map West Africa and they passed this knowledge to the Spaniards and Portuguese.

Yea most of the Black Moors were Tuaregs from those 3 countries. The same Tuaregs who were fighting for Gaddaffi and are now fighting alongside Arab and Berber terrorist groups like MUJAO, Ansar Dine, etc.
Wow breh. Tuaregs are a different group of people all together, i doubt they're considered black.

Tuaregs are nomadic people who are related to East Africans.

Your second paragraph is false breh, the Tuaregs took over Northern Mali and declared the Azawad Nation. This group has been fighting for independence from Mali for decades, you then had Islamic groups who also entered Northern Mali (with a mix of Tuaregs, Berbers, Arabs and Blacks in them) and formed some sort of alliance with Azawad against their common enemy (Mali military).

Yes Tuaregs were part of those Islamic groups but the majority were part of Azawad.

Africa is extremelly complex, you'll never get a good understanding of it from mainstream media.

Ikwa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Poppa_Dock you're right in a way, the Umayyad Caliphate which ruled over the Muslim world at that time had recently taken over North Africa.

The inhabitants of the area gave them their allegiance and converted to Islam, however it was Berbers - with some black folk who were part of a common kingdom - under the allegiance of the Caliph that invaded and captured Spain. These guys were known to raid Spanish territory long before the Umayyad Syrians arrived.

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
But yea the Moors were black

tumblr_my0yf7zEvE1rm4wgqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_my0yf7zEvE1rm4wgqo4_500.jpg

tumblr_my0yf7zEvE1rm4wgqo5_500.jpg

297px-TESV_Nazir_.png

My redguards :blessed:

emoney

custom user title
Daps
Wow breh. Tuaregs are a different group of people all together, i doubt they're considered black.

Tuaregs are nomadic people who are related to East Africans.

Your second paragraph is false breh, the Tuaregs took over Northern Mali and declared the Azawad Nation. This group has been fighting for independence from Mali for decades, you then had Islamic groups who also entered Northern Mali (with a mix of Tuaregs, Berbers, Arabs and Blacks in them) and formed some sort of alliance with Azawad against their common enemy (Mali military).

Yes Tuaregs were part of those Islamic groups but the majority were part of Azawad.

Africa is extremelly complex, you'll never get a good understanding of it from mainstream media.

I don't know and don't care.. (btw many on here consider Tuaregs Black, make a thread asking and find out for yourself)

but

In Mali, they consider Tuareg and Moor as a combined group

when you say related to East Africans, which ones and in what way?

I said there was Tuaregs apart of those terrorist groups. This is FACT!

JJ

Ikwa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know and don't care.. (btw many on here consider Tuaregs Black, make a thread asking and find out for yourself)

but

In Mali, they consider Tuareg and Moor as a combined group

when you say related to East Africans, which ones and in what way?

I said there was Tuaregs apart of those terrorist groups. This is FACT!

JJ
Tuaregs have the same haplogroup E1b1b that is found in East Africa. Even when you look at both groups you can see many physical similarities.

Tuaregs are closer to berbers than blacks, let's be honest with ourselves this forum likes to paint everyone as black :laugh:

As for your final point, you made it sound as if all Tuaregs were part of those groups when that isn't the case. It's like me saying all Americans are lazy and fat.

SkillClash

Banned
Daps
moors had Europe shook...ok

Britian had the whole world shook during its empire...

i find it hypocritical amongst "conscious" black people that whenever violence, or anything is commited by blacks in historical events... its not criticized, but if white europeans/americans do similar things its looked upon as "Evil, Demonic"

emoney

custom user title
Daps
Tuaregs have the same haplogroup E1b1b that is found in East Africa. Even when you look at both groups you can see many physical similarities.

Tuaregs are closer to berbers than blacks, let's be honest with ourselves this forum likes to paint everyone as black :laugh:

As for your final point, you made it sound as if all Tuaregs were part of those groups when that isn't the case. It's like me saying all Americans are lazy and fat.

You still haven't answered my question, which "East Africans" are the Tuaregs "related" to?

Tuaregs are in fact close to Berbers.

No I didn't, I simply said Tuaregs belonged to the groups...you may have interpreted my comment that way.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
hahahahhahahahaha nice try you fail....your mad that white people can claim both histories..... why black people can only claim 1 history
How do we not claim responsibility for Europe's history when we gave them their knowledge? this is an unnecessary back and forth.

and personally i feel like because the moors and ottoman's were both islamic, they got grouped together, and it became a way not to acknowledge the blackness of moors. i would like to learn more about this and the link to the spanish/portugese having a distinctly different history from western europe :lupe:

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you can't tell these guys this..they are so in need of a self-esteem boost
So can you tell me why sicilians were found to have 10% subsaharan dna?.

Please dont come with the slave bullshyt because if that was the case that means black women would have been a significant portion of the sicilian population and the white citizens were having a lot of sex with them yet this wasnt the case.

Then have to take into account that these genes are still in a high number even though it is hundreds of years later which tells me A LOT of white women were fukking "black" men.

I want to hear a new excuse some of you people will give now, even though science saya something else other then what you want to believe.

Can you also explain the high rate of sickle cell disease amongst sicilians since the moors werent black and we just neef a boost of self esteem.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1048484/
Sickle cell disease in Sicily.

" The chemical and physical properties of haemoglobin S derived from homozygotes for this haemoglobin in Sicily were examined, as well as some erythrocytic characteristics. Sicilian Hb S was identical to that found in USA black patients in electrophoretic mobility on both starch and citrate agar media, solubility, mechanical precipitation rate of oxyhaemoglobins, and minimum gelling concentration, as well as by peptide mapping and amino-acid analysis of all beta-chain peptides. Taken together with the presence in Sicily of African blood group markers and certain historical considerations, it seems clear that the source of Hb S in Sicily is Africa. While the clinical severity in nine Sicilian children did not seem remarkably different from the disease in the USA, the most severe and fatal complications were not seen. Mean Hb F Was 10.5% and 2,3-diphosphoglycerate (2,3-DPG) values were higher in Sicilian homozygotes than in black USA counterparts (21.79 mumol/g Hb vs 15.16). Red cell AT values were also slightly higher in Sicilian patients. The presence of concomitant thalassaemia was excluded by both family studies and globin chain synthetic ratios. In conclusion, haemoglobin S in Sicilian homozygotes is identical to Hb S found in USA blacks. Although the severity of the disease seems quite similar in both groups of patients, other erythrocytic properties were found to be different. Whether these factors influence severity remains to be "

http://ethnicgenome.wordpress.com/2009/03/02/sicilians-have-10-sub-saharan-african-dna/

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This question is for people saying moors were berbers,etc. and insinuating they looked like the majority of the people that live in the area now.

Do you really think people who conquered southern europe in the year 711 is going to look like the people in 2014?. The U.S.A is a country of mixed people with the change happening major in just say a little over 60 years and a lot of people now dont look like the people who were at the beginnings of this country. Have yku seen native americans at the start of the country compared to now?. They look nothing alike.

What makes you think people who lived in north west africa just stayed in their area and didnt migrate to other parts especially when they had nothing blocking them?.

It is asinine to think these people wasnt there before the turkish arabic came and invaded. Its even more asinine to think a place so close to the shores of north africa such as portugal wouldnt have west africans travel there even though these people were known to be seafood eaters and would most likely sail the area looking for food or even just looking to see what the place is across the sea. That racism is so ingrained tht people just assume the original black man was just layong around doing nothing until the man from the mountains of central asia came into the land. This is really how history is described in simple words. Think about how stupid this sounds. People from a mountain region are going to teach people who live next to a damn OCEAN how to sail the seas. GTFOH.

Last edited: