Ethan Hawke - "Predestination" (Looper + Inception = :mindBlown:)

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So...she's both of her own parents? :wtf:

And the time agency or whatever planned all this from the jump? :wtf:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's the kind of movie that sells on word on mouth.

"Yo, you won't believe the shyt I just saw! That shyt was crazy, breh!" - Anyone, Anywhere*

*('breh' may or may not be included)
True. But to further my point even big hero 6 has 24k votes..though im sure most of those parents don't know what IMDB is

i guess what im saying is they should pull a snowpiercer.. that leaked early but didnt start getting most of it's buzz til it was already in theaters and on VOD

i'm interested to see how the word of mouth translates when it releases (Limited, Jan 9th)

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Just finished the movie. So...

So basically, the baby, the little girl, the young woman, the man, the secret agent/time cop, and the (old) bomber are all just the same person at different ages? :wtf:

I don't think I've EVER been as :mindblown: watching a movie as I was with this one. I mean cot damn. I have to give the writers props for even coming up with a concept like that.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Just in inished the movie. So...

So basically, the baby, the little girl, the young woman, the man, the secret agent/time cop, and the (old) bomber are all just the same person at different ages? :wtf:

I don't think I've EVER been as :mindblown: watching a movie as I was with this one. I mean cot damn. I have to give the writers props for even coming up with a concept like that.

Its based on a short story written and published In the 60's.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
True. But to further my point even big hero 6 has 24k votes..though im sure most of those parents don't know what IMDB is

i guess what im saying is they should pull a snowpiercer.. that leaked early but didnt start getting most of it's buzz til it was already in theaters and on VOD

i'm interested to see how the word of mouth translates when it releases (Limited, Jan 9th)

I think they should up it to a full theatrical release (750-1500 theaters) based on the strong word of mouth. Taken was available online for months due to the early European release and still made almost 150 million when it dropped in the US, largely because the word of mouth (due to the leak) was so strong. As much as movies get pirated, there's still more people who don't know how to pirate movies and those people will flock to the theaters when other people tell them about the movie, because word of mouth is still the best marketing a movie can get.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I think they should up it to a full theatrical release (750-1500 theaters) based on the strong word of mouth. Taken was available online for months due to the early European release and still made almost 150 million when it dropped in the US, largely because the word of mouth (due to the leak) was so strong. As much as movies get pirated, there's still more people who don't know how to pirate movies and those people will flock to the theaters when other people tell them about the movie, because word of mouth is still the best marketing a movie can get.
good point breh i never thought of that..they def should capitalize

MOVIEmeter:
Up 1,038%
in popularity this week

:bryan:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Just rewatched the movie and realized -

This dude Robertson set EVERYTHING up from the jump. I mean he's literally behind all of this shyt. :wow:

Not only Jane/John/Ethan's life, but I realized he also set up the whole Fizzle bomber thing. He KNEW that Ethan was eventually going to become the Fizzle Bomber, and allowed him to. Hell, he even set him up to make sure he still had access to time travel after he retired so he could do so. All to help grow the organization.

Didn't catch that the first time. :wow:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm 3/4th in... wtf is this sh*t?

thefuuuu_zps80ec6ba5.gif

Fred.