Ethan Hawke - "Predestination" (Looper + Inception = :mindBlown:)

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Unless the baby is Jesus then they don't just form from nothing...Jane had to originate from something. She couldn't just "form" then get taken and brought back in time...it makes ABSOLUTELY no sense

I'm pretty sure I explained this like five times already in this thread, but:

A time loop is self-sustaining and infinite, it has no beginning and no end. Similarly, there's no origin point for the baby/Jane/John because they're literally a child of the time loop. The baby isn't 'formed', she is born from two people having sex, like all babies are, then sent back in time to become the two people in the future who have sex and make the baby.

nalej

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Seatown
This movie was better than looper to me. I liked Looper though.

And of course you can't use logic with movies like this because you will find faults but it makes you think if time travelers are amongst us.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Only problem I have with this layout is
What the HELL does the baby originate from??? :dahell:

Yeah I don't like the whole what came first, chicken or egg, parallel. It's likely what the writer intended but fukk that. My logical mind likes the alternate theory of John creating the loop by traveling back into alternate dimensions. :yeshrug:

Plus we only see a snapshot of the "loop" so it could be possible

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
What you rate this movie outta 10 breh? :lupe:

6/10, I love the ideas and concepts of the movie but the execution, as always with the Spierig brothers, is lacking. And I thought that outside of the initial male/female switcharoo it was largely predictable as hell.

niccas shyttin on looper in here :dahell:....i liked predestination (im still :dwillhuh: at the ending) but looper was piff....fuk the coli mayne :aicmon:

Looper actually isn't that different from Predestination, lots of interesting ideas and concepts, but a very mediocre execution. What I don't like especially is that the movie's internal logic for time travel doesn't make one bit of sense, most notably the ending. Now of course it's time travel and it's all uncharted theoretical territory, but the least you could do is follow the rules you've set up yourself. Not doing that is one of the biggest crimes you can commit in a time travel movie, and this one does it.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Yall brehs need to take my recommendations......

Im always watching exclusives...I was prolly the first nikka to see Primer and Timecrimes

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
breh the movie is not even out in theaters yet til next month

I will cop it on blu fukk a predestination hater :birdman:
I super behind on the times. I rarely watch movies at the theaters anymore. I rent on RedBox. :manny:
It allows me to pause and pee, or rewind if I missed something.
I'll keep my eye out for this in a couple of months.