Etan Thomas, Jahadi White, Tyrone Nesby, Chris Whitney tell the real about the Kwame years

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
People love Mike so they're gonna push back on this or say it should be let go, or be on his side, but this shyt is really nutty when you think about it.

If Jordan had done some of this shyt to young guys on the Bulls after coming back to play THERE, maybe you gotta just let the shyt go. But Mike didn't actually do anything for/with Washington for him to be able to come in and do all of this damage lol and it be justified.

I watched Mike, at 39 years old, smash his jaw diving for a loose ball at MSG. He already had 6 titles, worth hundreds of millions of dollars, and he's diving for loose balls, a man like that can't relate to most people in his chosen profession. He can't relate to anyone not putting in maximum effort.

Not condoning his behavior, it's easy for us to sit and criticize when none of us have ever been considered the best of anything. We don't even know what it takes to be the best of anything, reading about it isn't the same as actually doing it.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It was before shootaround too.

Lifting weights, running suicides, etc., like it was a pre-draft workout.

Etan said nobody wasn’t doing that shyt not even other rookies his entire career in the league. But let The Coli professionals tell it then they’ll say that everyone was running and lifting for hours before the game on gameday

What winning professional franchises was Etan Thomas a part of? I'm sure he didn't see that type of shyt on the Wizards, so it may have seemed strange. And I like Etan Thomas' podcast.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I watched Mike, at 39 years old, smash his jaw diving for a loose ball at MSG. He already had 6 titles, worth hundreds of millions of dollars, and he's diving for loose balls, a man like that can't relate to most people in his chosen profession. He can't relate to anyone not putting in maximum effort.

Not condoning his behavior, it's easy for us to sit and criticize when none of us have ever been considered the best of anything. We don't even know what it takes to be the best of anything, reading about it isn't the same as actually doing it.
Yeah. MJ, James Brown, my wife...these mofos are PSYCHO and relentless. Hard to deal with because they are exceptional people

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
What winning professional franchises was Etan Thomas a part of? I'm sure he didn't see that type of shyt on the Wizards, so it may have seemed strange. And I like Etan Thomas' podcast.
What tf does that matter?

He was in the NBA for years... thats better than anything you’ve done.

Point is, he was there

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
What tf does that matter?

He was in the NBA for years... thats better than anything you’ve done.

Point is, he was there

Etan Thomas stated he has never seen that before. I asked because there are major differences between winning organizations and losing ones - and yes, a significant part of that is geographical location - but another part of that is culture.

As a basketball fan, I was not privy to what Etan witnessed.

However, I do know by several accounts that vigorous workouts by young players is not some out of this world occurrence. As previous posters have mentioned young Kobe, young Jordan, young LeBron, Wade - Pippen who came up under Doug Collins as a rookie - were putting in crazy work outs prior to games.

Doug Collins was never a championship coach but he did have a couple of winning seasons with MJ as a coach of the Bulls. When training Kwame they probably figured it was a tried and true formula which made them both contenders during their Bulls days or maybe indeed it was sabotogue.

Obviously Etan's achievements in basketball were better than anything I've ever done in basketball. But if that disqualifies me from matters of observation on a forum, then may as well shut the coli down, because then no one has the qualifications to comment on any sports-related matter.

Jordan is arguably the GOAT but he is a piece of garbage as a talent evaluator - so his expertise in basketball doesn't make him immune to faulty observation. Just like Etan never witnessing rigorous workouts prior to games being played does NOT mean it didn't happen elsewhere in the NBA. He obviously never spoke to Pat Riley.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Getting yelled at by MJ is the reason why he wasn't able to catch the ball consistently for 13 seasons.:mjlol:

Fukk outta with the nonsense

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

MJ was a sick sick nikka no wonder they got him the fukk outta there after 1 year

Doug Collins understandably was his bytch and did as told.

This was a great great listen

Tyron Nesby asking for a trade, Wes Unseld telling him this nikka Mike ain't gonna last the year don't even worry about it :mjlol:

Working him out for 2-3 hours before tip off :what:

Doug Collins asking Jahidi White to foul him EXTRA hard in practice :scust:

Abe Pollin was right to get this cancer outta there

@FAH1223

I seen this, smmfh.

As the biggest wiz fans in existence, I was oblivious to these behind the scenes fukkery but I did see kwame beast out a bunch of times and thought he'd eventually get there. Like he was the one that got away, didn't realize it was deeper than "You fukkin flaming fakkit"

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve never seen any instance whatsoever as a Laker fan of him having any ounce of offensive talent. Even if you’re destroyed mentally, you can still show flashes here and there of being that player you were supposed to be. He had 0 touch at the rim, couldn’t dribble, couldn’t shoot, etc. He probably led the league in missed dunks. He was a great defensive player tho I’ll give him that. He was dominating against high schools and Wizards bums. What evidence do you have that he could have been special? Lakers literally at one point was force feeding him to get his confidence up and he was shattering backboards. Stop it brehs

I dunno if you comparing him to Shaq... and keeping in mind most of his time with the Lakers he was dealing with injuries... but he was also just as good as any other AVERAGE center of that period.

I mean there still video that makes your point incorrect. Here are a few: