ESPN Possibly Ending Around The Horn in 2025

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The show is on too late in the day to still be worth watching.

By 5:30 est the same sports topics are burnt out by social media, the coli and first take
No one should be watching espn from 8am - 6pm…if the topics are burnt out, you been on the channel too long.

Even with SM, these shows still had a place (until recently with the new bland guys) given people want to see the talking heads they like discuss them, not random paid blue checks on Twitter.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Loved this show and just recently started catching it again on YT. Had a great great run. Fukk ESPN

Edit: The hate ITT for PTI and ATH:pacspit:
Ģoofies probably hated the OG GOAT Sports Reporters :scust:
This board tries too hard to hate every espn show. Like why are you watching if you hate it? And how do you know it sucks if you never watch?

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Truly the crumbling of an empires. We're losing sports journalism :snoop:

I'm gonna blame David Dennis if this happens.

Do they even go to their newspapers HQ now? Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re working from home now.
Some of the panelists they bring on don't even write for newspapers or sports news sites anymore.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Stat Boy with gray hairs...
:mjcry:

I used to watch Around The Horn and PTI after school every day back in HS and college. Both seem like super low budget affairs, nothing fancy. I'd imagine they shyt can PTI next since they refuse to engage in that hot take bullshyt that ruined the rest of ESPN's shows.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember when Around the Horn legit used to be the building block for writers to become broader personalities. But honestly, there's no need for a show like that now. Podcasts, and general social media have become the preferred method for getting your brand out there. And the PTI format is in a weird place where it doesn't really offer long enough windows to get off nuanced points or effectively explain the thoughts behind the takes. I'd say the show could almost benefit from being longer, but I think that'd defeat he purpose of the timed talking windows that make the show unique. Either way, it's still nice seeing David Dennis Jr in there at times. I remember way back when he used to write for The Smoking Section.

PTI, on the other hand? It's time to go. It's become a parody of itself as time has gone on, and the few occasions that I've watched over the last few years have been pretty rough. I appreciate how great the show was back in the day, but it's over.

Facts
SAS took it to the next level with his TV Show on ESPN+ Radio Show on 1050 ESPN Radio in NYC

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i can't pretend to be broken up about a show i haven't watched in years, but this was a staple of my childhood, i would rush to the TV to catch it after school.

i always preferred it to PTI personally, at least in the years i was watching, it definitely has been watered down with some of the additions they made to the people over the years.

back before jay mariotti beat his wife and got kicked off the show. :wow: dude gotta be an all time a$$hole.

anyway that sucks for Reali, always seemed like a nice guy. i'm sure he has made lots of money over the the last 20 years though.

:mjcry:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
The show is on too late in the day to still be worth watching.

By 5:30 est the same sports topics are burnt out by social media, the coli and first take
those shows are for people with jobs who get home in time to watch it, get their sports fix and be held over til dinner.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I feel dusty as hell seeing Tony Reali look like that damn. Used to throw this show on after school in the early 2010s, that, then PTI and on to Jeopardy.

Saw Woody Paige for the first time in a minute last year and was haunted

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Mina, Pablo, Bomani, Sarah Spain, Domonique
Didn't know these were a particular group that had a shared mentor/starting point, but I feel like ESPN should've gotten even more out of this class. I guess by the time they got tenured, ESPN was basically bleeding cash with traditional sports coverage though