ESPN Possibly Ending Around The Horn in 2025

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
They should keep this show and cancel Pardon The Interruption. That is the show that is really past it's prime
PTI is straight up just two curmudgeons bytching about how things are today, especially Wilbon.

It'll be like Happy 38th birthday Clayton Kershaw

and then Wilbon will go on a rant about analytics and the death of starting pitching and they brag about not watching an event. I've noticed that there's a market for legendary sports talk figures where they have pods or shows where all they do is complain... unless their team does well. Then everything is awesome.

JackRoss

Veteran
Daps
bytches need to bring back them ESPN Classic shows :pacspit:
Lol yeah right. That shyt dead dead. Maybe Paul and Gilbert backlash might bring some regular shyt back though with Skip decaying before our eyes.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
That block of programming that always ended with PTI transitioning into Sportcenter was great back in the day. We got older and mainstream sports media reverted to puberty :manny: Smart phones also made them irrelevant.
I loved that block as a kid. Probably haven’t sat through it since 2008 though.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Tony >>> Max

I still catch the show every now and then on my work breaks. Yeah, it doesn't have the regulars like Adande and Michael Smith but they rotate Blackstone, Kimes, Dennis, and others who I enjoy watching. They also introduced a lot of young black reporters.

The main reason why I like ATH is they have actual sports journalists on there and they cover all the relevant topics across every sport. First Take is entertainment based and they're only going to cover the Cowboys, Lakers, etc.

I hope they continue the show because without ATH, The Sports Reporters, and PTI it feels like journalists don't have much left at ESPN.

Reason I thought Max was better is because he would go back at the panelists with legit points of discussion. It took Tony a VERY LONG TIME before he was comfortable doing that. He would just let the panelists run over him until he just hit the mute button and let someone else talk. Max controlled the show more and was more interactive with counterpoints. Marriotti in particular started getting wild loose.

Last edited:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reason I thought Max was better is because he would go back at the panelists with legit points of discussion. It took Tony a VERY LONG TIME before he was comfortable doing that. He would just let the panelists run over him until he just hit the mute button and let someone else talk. Max controlled the show more and was more interactive with counterpoints. Marriotti in particular started getting wild loose.

He never hosted a show before. Once he got his experience up he surpassed Max.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
The show is on too late in the day to still be worth watching.

By 5:30 est the same sports topics are burnt out by social media, the coli and first take

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Loved this show and just recently started catching it again on YT. Had a great great run. Fukk ESPN

Edit: The hate ITT for PTI and ATH:pacspit:
Ģoofies probably hated the OG GOAT Sports Reporters :scust:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember when Around the Horn legit used to be the building block for writers to become broader personalities. But honestly, there's no need for a show like that now. Podcasts, and general social media have become the preferred method for getting your brand out there. And the PTI format is in a weird place where it doesn't really offer long enough windows to get off nuanced points or effectively explain the thoughts behind the takes. I'd say the show could almost benefit from being longer, but I think that'd defeat he purpose of the timed talking windows that make the show unique. Either way, it's still nice seeing David Dennis Jr in there at times. I remember way back when he used to write for The Smoking Section.

PTI, on the other hand? It's time to go. It's become a parody of itself as time has gone on, and the few occasions that I've watched over the last few years have been pretty rough. I appreciate how great the show was back in the day, but it's over.

Dipsey Doo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I legit haven’t watched PTI and Around the Horn since 2009

Both shows have stayed way past their expiration date.

YouTube has transformed the way we consume sports media. All you need is a camera, microphone and an interesting opinion.