ESPN is paying Katie Nolan seven figures

calh45

Cal
Daps
She's one of those that was looked at as having potential and being the next big thing as the next wave of sports personalities, but she just hasn't translated to TV. I'm actually a fan of hers but the problem is she has one of those personalities that doesn't work as well with others but all their TV shows have multiple people. She's kind of in the same lane as Bomani in regards to that.

She's the Sarah Silverman of sports. Only industry people fawn over them which is how they get all of the articles in the world written about them and show appearances and shows, but in real life ain't no one watching something starring them.

I've never laughed at a Sarah Silverman joke and she stay getting roles. I've watched a bit of Katie Nolan and she tries too hard. All of the shyt she says and does sounds like it comes from a forced place. She'll stay getting paid though because industry folks like her deal. Is what it is.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
I agree with you that Katie don't work as well with other but I think Bomani do. He was great with Papa and Lebtard on HQ and he is good on Around the Horn. In comparison, Nolan wasn't good on HQ (kind of boring) and she was bad on SportsNation. She is the reason Miz is no longer on SportsNation anymore. Her jokes just fell flat when she was on HQ and Sportsnation. When she is on the show with other it expose her weakness.
I watched Desus and Mero with her as a interview, and she has wild chemistry with them though. Dunno about the other stuff as i don't watch a ton of espn.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Bill Simmons fukking up his Ringer NBA podcast with the same shyt :francis:

I'm not tryna hear Hailey or Kailey or whatever talk about basketball on my morning commute :rudy:

I'm glad I'm not the only one. She be killing me with her terrible opinions. I stopped listening to all of them except with Chris Vernon and O'Connor.

Deadspin had a female writer breaking down the draft and she called Louisville's offense a sandlot offense that Lamar was running when it's the exact opposite. In fact, Louisville's offense had a ton of pro concepts in it. Petrino is a shyt head, but the man knows offense.

I don't think any of us have any issues with women analysts, sportswriters, or commentators, but at least get the basic shyt right.