ESPN Got Shaq In His Feelings...Throws Shots at DunGawd After Being Ranked Below Him

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Get swept all throughout the late 90s with hella all stars and get a pass cuz nikkas don’t wanna give kobe credit brehs :mjlol::mjlol:

Ur doing the same thing in reverse for Shaq,ur a Laker fan disputing a Laker in an argument because of how it affects Kobe's run on the team.

Duncan overrall had the better career at length but in there prime years which Shaq's was shorter but more dominant...I would actually lean to Shaq because he has a 3 peat and Duncan didnt have a single b2b...Its close Shaq getting swept by the 95 Rockets is stain on his resume as is not being able to get out the West til 2000...

Last edited:

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Only knock on Duncan i have is he doesnt have a b2b title run...most of the all time greats have at least 1...i think that establishes true dominance.

Damn shame because the knee injury in 2000 deaded his chances, then Fisher's miracle shot in 04 cancelled his own miracle shot right before, Manu's foul in Game 7 against the Mavs in 06, Manu's injury in 2008, Manu and Kawhi missing FTs in 2013 Game 6, Kawhi not being ready for the bright lights in 2015. No excuses, but he had some bad luck along the way. There won't be any sympathy for a guy with 5 rings who went 5-1 in the Finals. :manny:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Damn shame because the knee injury in 2000 deaded his chances, then Fisher's miracle shot in 04 cancelled his own miracle shot right before, Manu's foul in Game 7 against the Mavs in 06, Manu's injury in 2008, Manu and Kawhi missing FTs in 2013 Game 6, Kawhi not being ready for the bright lights in 2015. No excuses, but he had some bad luck along the way. There won't be any sympathy for a guy with 5 rings who went 5-1 in the Finals. :manny:

Its a close debate if Duncan had a 3 peat in there or at least 1 b2b that would probably swing it very easily in his favor...You look at that top 10 list,everyone on there has a b2b championship cept Timmy and Wilt...I would argue him not having a b2b is probably what kept him out the top 5....

Last edited:

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
In his 2nd year Duncan swept prime Shaq. Shaq even asked to guard him and got embarrassed.

In 2003 Duncan beat prime Shaq again straight up even though Shaq had prime Kobe next to him and Duncan just had 20yo Tony Parker.

Duncan's 1999-2005 was one of the most dominant runs by a big. 2 MVPs, 2 MVP runner-ups, 3 Finals MVPs....and all right in the middle of Shaq's prime. If he hadn't gotten hurt in 2000 and had a shyt supporting cast 2001-20002 it might have been even better.

I feel you but I'm still picking shaq up over duncan
this is probably one of the only cases where I'd go with eyes and heart over reality and logic

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Gonna need to see the list of guys you think did more than 5 chips with less

Well for starters, while the Spurs were always Timmy's team (similar to Wade/Heat and Steph/GS), Parker transitioned into their #1 option in 2010-11, those last two Finals runs, Tony Parker was the engine everything ran thru. Tim was still the legend, the spirit, the heart of the team, and he was still productive at an advanced age, but Parker was their best player that got that team to two more Finals...

Parker is historically underrated, not a Top 10 point of course but I find it disrespectful if anybody doesn't have him in their Top 15 points All-Time. Without a shadow of a doubt he's easily one of the greatest Big Game performers of the post-Jordan era, so we're going back 22 years there, and is probably one of the greatest Big Game players ever. MULTIPLE examples of him going off with games and series on the line...

What hurts Parker is he wasn't dominant in the regular season the way other top points and #2s were. But in the playoffs he was every bit as good as damn near any #2 ever...

So a)"only" 4 of Duncan's chips came with him as the #1. I'm using "only" facetiously, obviously that's an accomplishment most people don't have and won't have...

And b)he had Parker, who I can lay a case out as the most underrated #2 ever, he had Parker with him for 4 of his chips. Let's not pretend Parker was some bum just along for the ride after he matured. Parker was the #2, but Duncan doesn't get to 5 rings without him. Or 4. Or 3....

We can name guys who didn't get to spend 15 years of their careers building with a TP-caliber player, guys who won without a Popovich, and guys who dominated statistically in a fashion Duncan didn't, despite more often not having the weaponry around them to command attention....

Taking nothing away from him, he better than Shaq, Top 10 All-Timer without a doubt, #3 Center ever...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Winning 3 in a row is next-level elite.

Yes Duncan has 1 more ring than Shaq, but he didn't dominate the league at the level Shaq did during the 3peat.

And lets not forget Duncan played on stacked teams with guys like Tony Parker, Ginobili, and later Kawhi taking the lead from him and carrying the team.

Tim Duncan is not in the same class as Shaq when it comes to pure dominance. Shaq is way better.

Daps
This.

I don't know how anybody who saw both of them in their primes would even say they are in the same class. Shaq is clearly better. And by a wide margin.
:unimpressed: Wide Margin

Btw Shaq was more dominate than Duncan but Duncan was more skilled. If dominance makes you the better player then Wilt would be considered better than your favorite player

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Ur doing the same thing in reverse for Shaq,ur a Laker fan disputing a Laker in an argument because of how it affects Kobe's run on the team.

Duncan overrall had the better career at length but in there prime years which Shaq's was shorter but more dominant...I would actually lean to Shaq because he has a 3 peat and Duncan didnt have a single b2b...Its close Shaq getting swept by the 95 Rockets is stain on his resume as is not being able to get out the West til 2000...

No I pit him in the proper perspective. I got Shaq top 10 but nikkas say he better than Kobe or TD when there’s no argument for it. Less titles than both, had better running mates than TD and 24 era Kobe.

Shaq has a 3 peat for a unique reason and I already stated why. TD wins 6+ titles if he plays with Kobe and dominates the same way Shaq did. Y’all still don’t wanna address why Shaq winning 60 games in his mid 20s with all star teammates and getting swept multiple times? Why even during the 3 peat he wasnt the one coming up big when the team was at its most vulnerable? Timmay never repeated which hurts him but he won a title at 22 years old and at 26 (same age Shaq was choking in the 2nd/3rd round) TD won a title with a weak cast. TD made due with what he had. Shaq ain’t break through until Kobe came of age, TD just broke through on his own from the jump

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Shaq was bigger than everyone one else not nearly as skilled dude couldn't hit a 15footer if his life depended on it.