ESPN Got Shaq In His Feelings...Throws Shots at DunGawd After Being Ranked Below Him

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
No excuses

Why not? Shaq apparently carried Kobe and blessed him with 3 rings. Why was Shaq getting swept in the late 90s before Kobe came of age? I mean damn, losing a series is one thing but swept by Utah led by old ass Malone and Spurs led by young ass TD....Shaq was 24-26 years old prime years getting swept. Sounds to me like Shaq needed Kobe a whooole lot :mjlit:

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
Why not? Shaq apparently carried Kobe and blessed him with 3 rings. Why was Shaq getting swept in the late 90s before Kobe came of age? I mean damn, losing a series is one thing but swept but Utah led by old ass Malone and Spurs led by young ass TD....Shaq was 24-26 getting swept. Sounds to me like Shaq needed Kobe a whooole lot :mjlit:
So you admit Tim Duncan was actually the best player in the league at a certain point (which is what a lot of Laker fans downplay), since you saying Shaq needed the help

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Don't matter, don't yall claim Tim Duncan was never the best player ever during any stretch? I'm assuming yall though Shaq was the best player in the league then, he getting 4-0'd :laff:

I've never downplayed the GHOAT :gucci:

But fine TD was the best player in 99 until Kobe took the pressure off Shaq :mjgrin:

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why not? Shaq apparently carried Kobe and blessed him with 3 rings. Why was Shaq getting swept in the late 90s before Kobe came of age? I mean damn, losing a series is one thing but swept by Utah led by old ass Malone and Spurs led by young ass TD....Shaq was 24-26 years old prime years getting swept. Sounds to me like Shaq needed Kobe a whooole lot :mjlit:

I see what he was saying now yall funny :russ:

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
So you admit Tim Duncan was actually the best player in the league at a certain point (which is what a lot of Laker fans downplay), since you saying Shaq needed the help

Sure I guess you could say Tim was the best player in 99. :yeshrug: The other guys who were in the MVP discussion like Karl and Zo choked in the offs.

I guess we downplay it cuz the lakers proceeded to dominate for 3 years while spurs never repeated.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Cats couldn't wait to turn this into a Kobe thread lmao...

On topic, it's hard to defend Shaq as being better than Duncan. They used to give it to each other, but I think Duncan gave it to Shaq a little bit more. Kobe wasn't the better player during the 3peat but he was the tipping factor more often than not because the Spurs couldn't really check him. They had someone who could check Shaq...

Shaq was probably a little more dominant in his prime but has more underwhelming moments in the playoffs than Duncan. Duncan at his peak was more consistently dominant in the playoffs and has a better conference finals and Finals record as a #1 than Shaq had as a #1. Markedly better defense from protecting the rim to help D, markedly better offensive skillset...

Honestly Shaq may be a little overrated. I've heard brothers on here say Hakeem was better, I wasn't around to see. Timmy was better and is the #3 GOAT center to me, after Cap and Wilt. If Dream is better that means Shaq is fighting for that #5 spot with overrated ass Russell, which is fitting. Two overrated guys, do you prefer the one who is overrated for dominating a 7-team league of mostly unathletic stiffs, or the one overrated for the 3peat in a 19-year career, getting bagged in his prime by Dream and Timmy and not doing much of substance outside of it?

Shaq is a GOAT. But BSPN got this one right, putting Duncan over him...