ESPN 30 for 30: O.J. Made In America Series [Discussion Thread]

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Part 5 is something else.

Prosecution fukked that case up so badly.

Daps
So much fukkery. Think the twists and turns only continue post mortem. What they gonna do when the examine OJs brain and they determine he had CTE like all these other former NFLers.

If ever there was a death blow to the shield this would be it.

But folks love they football like 2nd amendment rights. It's here to stay.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Part 5 is something else.

Prosecution fukked that case up so badly.

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this, and instead are focusing on the racial elements. Yes, the doc is one-sided in terms of the people who've been asked to weigh in. But at the same time, it shows you, plain as day, that while the prosecution, the Goldmans and Furhman were talking race, the defense was taking them apart. They destroyed their witnesses, devalued their evidence and baited them into asking OJ to try on the gloves. Race takes on such a substantial role in the conversation because the prosecution still hasn't come to terms with why they got their asses kicked! They believe race played a role. And it did. But notice how none of them, at any point, stop and acknowledge the overall strategy of the defense. That's not a one sided narrative. That's the ppl involved telling their version of what happened through foggy glasses. imo, that's where most of the one-sided storytelling comes from. In short, they mad.

Daps
oj obviously did it..he was a hardcore sociopath & seemed to get off on hinting at the murders after the trial was over

ojespn.png

the letter at the press conference which read like a suicide note & his comments during the bronco chase made him look guilty as hell

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Why are white people so comfortable saying hard R in this documentary: :dahell:

And then you see the turn by all of OJ's friends after the trial. OJ acting 'black' after the trial :heh:

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Cracker ain't no damn slur:mjlol:
It fits each and every definition of a slur and is used as such by coli posters.
It doesn't matter to me if it has nowhere near the historical baggage as ******, and it doesn't matter to me that white people generally only get offended by it as a why to claim that black people are the real racists.
As far as I'm concerned it's usage in a conversation throws it totally out walk for me, and damages credibility.

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
Fred Goldman obsession with OJ to the point of being at the vegas trial is beyond SICK for any human being! yeah, your son is dead but how stupid would you look when in the light, if one day the real killer comes through, you realize you were wrong all these years??! If i was OJ and i knew they were gonna give me 33 years for a bs incident, i would have gone ahead and had my way with Fred and knock the f*ck out of this obsessed fakit!

now, on another light, i can see how crooked the lapd still was after this trial because when biggie got merked, one of the officers had all this evidence pointing to pookie or whatever this dude's name was and the lapd dismissed it and try to cover it under the rug. So basically nothing changed as far as how the f*cked up the LAPD was. No justice, no "suspects", no arrest, no nothing, sh*t is disgusting!

I guess you can say Voletta Wallace is no different than Fred Goldman with the obsession to get the killers, but she has a right to be like that cuz WE ALL WANT Justice for BIG, we can give a f*ck about a Ron Goldman who was nothing in life but got fame after being killed :mjlol::yeshrug:

ok ok, i went a little too far on that, but in the real cruel world, this is facts! :martin:
Ron Goldman can't rap:dead:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
This was the best documentary I ever saw. Maybe it's the magnitude of the story that takes it over the top, but its great storytelling really makes it one cohesive picture. Before this documentary I didn't think much of the case or OJ, I simply thought "star, crazy car chase, acquitted of murder, made fun of on Seinfeld and other shows, he's in jail now because he got away with it, ight b." But the context this documentary gives and how it relates to the case is something I didn't think about looking back on it.

Things that stood out to me:
  • I didn't know how much of a c00n OJ was, and I never used the word "c00n" in a serious manner until I saw how OJ acted. "******s in Brentwood"
  • Gil Garcetti's priceless expression watching the chase. "He's pulling into his house oh shyt"
  • All the 911 calls of Nicole calling because she was about to get/getting her ass whooped.
  • If that story that ron shipp told on how OJ cut his finger was true, that alone is enough for me to think OJ killed Nicole, and then combine with the "ugly ass shoes" he wouldn't wear.
  • I learned of the prank phone call during the driveway stop. Considering the situation this is probably the greatest prank call ever. I know it isn't relevant to the story but it would've been nice to have seen it in here.

The trial itself was fukkery if for nothing else the glove fiasco. The fact that they let this kind of ridiculous exhibition enter their minds as a legitimate argument is tomfoolery. Even if the man can fit the glove, would he not purposefully try to make it look like he had trouble putting it on? Then fuhrman...I understand he said racist shyt. This does not mean he planted the glove. What made him completely fukk the case over was lying about said racist remarks AND THEN pleading the fifth on questions later on. At the very least he could've answer the question "did you plant the glove?" and continue to proceed pleading the fifth if he truly did not plant the glove. These things combined with the complete dismantling of people testifying was enough doubt of guilt. I still think the nikka did it, but their argument did not show that.

But the thing I got out of this documentary was this right here is what getting caught in your own way can get you. Being entrapped in the mentality that "the world belongs to you" and having both the charisma and slick-talking can literally have you get away with murder.

You have to plead the fifth to all the questions or else you look like your lying. One of the benefits of pleading the fifth is plausible deniability. "I'm not suuure if I said the n-word... BUT I DEFINITELY DIDNT PLANT THE GLOVE"

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
So much fukkery. Think the twists and turns only continue post mortem. What they gonna do when the examine OJs brain and they determine he had CTE like all these other former NFLers.

If ever there was a death blow to the shield this would be it.

But folks love they football like 2nd amendment rights. It's here to stay.

:ohhh: Holy shyt what if it was CTE that made him do it!

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Documentary was great. Maybe the best 30 for 30.

It did make me think about The People vs. OJ Simpson show.

I gave Cuba a pass. But man...he didn't match the intellect or the charisma that OJ had. Now I see why people say Cuba was terrible in that role.

The show made Marcia far more sympathetic than the real woman. Marcia acts like she didn't fukk up anything in this case. :dwillhuh:

The tv show did a better job of highlighting Johnnie, Which is a shame because that show was based on a book from a guy who clearly had it out for Johnnie. As someone mentioned they sort of dumbed it down.

Still a great show(s)

Now I'm officially tired of hearing about OJ :stopitslime: