ESPN 30 for 30: O.J. Made In America Series [Discussion Thread]

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I missed part 1, can someone link me?

And this is funny, I didn't know who OJ really was when all the shyt went down, dude was before my time, but watching this now....black people lost for championing this c00n :dead:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
so after part 5, my conclusion, no spoilers....

This doc really did a great job at showing all aspects of the trial, both from the prosecution and the defense.

In the end, it painted OJ as this charming narcissist capable of turning on that charm at the drop of a hat. Which makes you say, yeah maybe he could kill someone, then put on the "OJ face" and no one would know the wiser.

I still kinda feel sorry for the guy if for no other reason than he's just a dumbass to be a Black man who had the world in his hands and not realize what's real. He got away with so much stuff for 45-50 years he thought he was invincible, and then his luck ran out. Racially speaking, he got away with stuff even alot of rich white dudes would've gotten in trouble for.

Ultimately though, you have to wonder who is the real OJ? Is there even a real OJ? He grew up in the ghetto and with a gay dad, he probably just wanted get away from all that. So he gets to college and from that point on as an 18-19 yr old is thrust into this superstar "OJ" character that became the first crossover athlete, even as a college kid.

He got finessed completely by white society and had no prior downfall examples to learn from....but I'm 100% sure he would've arrogantly ignored any previous examples anyway. Although this was an extreme case, it should still be a lesson to all Black athletes.

That said, I hope he gets out soon.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
When you get into this law shyt you see it for what it is -- a game. I love Cochran, but on everything if he represented Furhman, he wouldn't have wanted the "******" episode admissible in court either. He may not have said it like Darden, but he wouldn't have wanted it in. Basically, there's no angels and demons in the shyt. It's all game and posturing depending on who's paying you.

Exactly. If that dude who shot up the gay club had lived, there'd be no shortage of lawyers lining up to defend him. It's just a dirty business.

Cochran, whether he believed OJ innocent or not, would not have repped him for free or even for a discount.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Looking ath the second episode has to make you feel some type of way if you are black. Knowing about the King beating and poor little Tasha is one thing. But then to see the way they did that house and shot that woman dead like that over a utility bill (why were the cops over their anyway over a 21/69 dollar bill; they weren't getting ready to evict her were they over a bill that miniscule?) makes me wonder how much other shyt the LAPD has done (probably well into the thousands of incidents) and how much videotape is out there of the fukked up shyt they did. That ransacking of the house was recorded by them I assume (at least partially it looked like anyway) and the other shyt like having the young cats laying face down in the ground looked to be videotaped by them too. Seeing shyt likes that makes me hate the judicial system for all the times that a black (or any race for real) person has been harassed beaten and prosecuted for something they never had done to them. But yet they can get someone getting killed right on videotape and claim it was justified. This is truly a fukked up world we live in but I do no at the same time we have it much better then people even 30-40 years ago. But I wont act like every time a cop is behind me that I don't get paranoid (even when i'm doing absolutely nothing) or don't put my hands on the steering wheel in clear view.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Looking ath the second episode has to make you feel some type of way if you are black. Knowing about the King beating and poor little Tasha is one thing. But then to see the way they did that house and shot that woman dead like that over a utility bill (why were the cops over their anyway over a 21/69 dollar bill; they weren't getting ready to evict her were they over a bill that miniscule?) makes me wonder how much other shyt the LAPD has done (probably well into the thousands of incidents) and how much videotape is out there of the fukked up shyt they did. That ransacking of the house was recorded by them I assume (at least partially it looked like anyway) and the other shyt like having the young cats laying face down in the ground looked to be videotaped by them too. Seeing shyt likes that makes me hate the judicial system for all the times that a black (or any race for real) person has been harassed beaten and prosecuted for something they never had done to them. But yet they can get someone getting killed right on videotape and claim it was justified. This is truly a fukked up world we live in but I do no at the same time we have it much better then people even 30-40 years ago. But I wont act like every time a cop is behind me that I don't get paranoid (even when i'm doing absolutely nothing) or don't put my hands on the steering wheel in clear view.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People can say what they want about blk people supporting OJ, but again it wasn't really about him. It was about the contentious relationship blacks had with the criminal justice system, Law enforcement, ect.... I don't really care for OJ that much, but I would have rode for him as well especially after what happened with Harlins and King.

Don't forget a lot of white people rode hard for GZ and now its forgotten. We ride for OJ when again it wasn't about him and we get lambasted for it. Get told "we weren't smart for doing that" by people like Stephen A. Smith

Last edited:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
"You didnt give a shyt about the kids when you were sucking his dikk in the living room" :huhldup:
I was trippin' off that.. maybe Nicole was actually a foul b*tch:lupe: But they portraying her as a saint in this. Not saying OJ wasn't a pos but it might have been both ways on the f*ckery. Didn't she f*ck with Marcus Allen too:patrice:

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Just finished 3 to 5..... Don't even know how to feel or what to think about dude.... If you were born after a certain year and remember the 2000's the fall off is of EPIC PROPORTIONS... LOL that nikka did it and just got dumb with time...... Great 30 for 30... Never knew OJ was REALLY ONE OF THOSE dudes before that trial.... I was laughin like a bytch at part 3... shyts pretty sad after that.... Learn from OJ for real bruhs:ohhh::ohhh::mjcry::dwillhuh::martin:

Life lesson learned from a real life dude:wow::wow::wow:

Stop talkin about rappers fallin off... This was some other shyt through and through
through :skip::merchant:

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
so after part 5, my conclusion, no spoilers....

This doc really did a great job at showing all aspects of the trial, both from the prosecution and the defense.

In the end, it painted OJ as this charming narcissist capable of turning on that charm at the drop of a hat. Which makes you say, yeah maybe he could kill someone, then put on the "OJ face" and no one would know the wiser.

I still kinda feel sorry for the guy if for no other reason than he's just a dumbass to be a Black man who had the world in his hands and not realize what's real. He got away with so much stuff for 45-50 years he thought he was invincible, and then his luck ran out. Racially speaking, he got away with stuff even alot of rich white dudes would've gotten in trouble for.

Ultimately though, you have to wonder who is the real OJ? Is there even a real OJ? He grew up in the ghetto and with a gay dad, he probably just wanted get away from all that. So he gets to college and from that point on as an 18-19 yr old is thrust into this superstar "OJ" character that became the first crossover athlete, even as a college kid.

He got finessed completely by white society and had no prior downfall examples to learn from....but I'm 100% sure he would've arrogantly ignored any previous examples anyway. Although this was an extreme case, it should still be a lesson to all Black athletes.

That said, I hope he gets out soon.
:martin:

My name is AC... You know who I am, gotdamnit :damn:

:dead:

AC was scary loyal. I dont love my family as much as that dude loved OJ :mindblown:

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
He was definitely abused as a child, scared to smile them called him.... I'd fukk with OJ though lol... Very very very good 30 from ESPN.... Hope they air that shyt uncencorsed

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
:martin:

My name is AC... You know who I am, gotdamnit :damn:

:dead:

AC was scary loyal. I dont love my family as much as that dude loved OJ :mindblown:

Fam you would probablt be surprised how many black folks born back then have those kind of initial names.... My grand dad shyt is like OC.... I know his first and middle name but it's not a goddamn "C" in either one of the names....