Escobar Season Has Returned: Narcos - Season 2 (Official Thread)

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
You need realistic thoughts. Your post was nonsense. Legal Coke? Let me get this straight you want purchase crack and cocaine in legal stores? You think weed is okay? Some people can handle it most can't . You know if this was legal blacks and latins would still suffer the most . We got zombies out here drinking lean , young kids and teen lost from this poison and you think if it was legal we would be on some higher plane? Enlighten by the powers of drugs. There are reports showing that in states with legal weed minorities are the poorest and biggest users of this. Let me guess we clearing our minds and broaden our senses correct? FOH. I swear the Coli hates poor blacks and just love to give any opportunity to us to sink lower .
This post is woefully ignorant as if drug legalization or decriminalization = drug promotion. Cigs are legal, do we promote that? @Data-Hawk you really cosigned that?

noondawg

Pro
Daps
Have to say I co-sign the posters who have said this is one of the finest shows they have. Ever watched. My god what a series this was, didn't think it could top the first but I really think it blew it out the water. Can't lie I did feel bad for Pablo but every time I started to he blew up/shot people and I remembered he was evil. Wagner was unreal

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
This post is woefully ignorant as if drug legalization or decriminalization = drug promotion. Cigs are legal, do we promote that? @Data-Hawk you really cosigned that?
Yea, I agree.

I clearly wasn't going to try to go at his neck, though. I understand it's still a foreign concept to people.

The moral parameters that people on their high horse placed on certain drugs because of their fear of minorities high on drugs has made us all view drugs as "bad" or the "boogey man".

Not realizing that for thousands of years, South/Central Americans accomplished civility and structure with the help of the plant they considered spiritual - the Coca Leaf. People don't realize that cocaine was an accepted narcotic and although a dependence can be developed, there was no serious drug addiction problem before it was criminalized.

All the trillions thrown away in the drug war that could have gone to proper treatment and education budgets... :mjcry:

@Abogado breh, if you get a chance, cop the book The Candy Machine: How Cocaine Took Over the World.

I'm re-reading it now and it's just such an amazing book.

An excerpt:

Page 34 - Speaking on Richard Nixon:

But boy if he could be in charge of a war, how those votes would pour in! He went to campaign for the Presidency in New Hamsphire, and while he was up there he wrote a letter to his mentor Dwight Eisenhower. "Ike," he wrote, "it's just amazing how much you can get done through fear. All I talk about in New Hampshire is crime and drugs, and everyone wants to vote for me - and they don't even have any black people up here." After a briefing with Nixon in 1969, H.R. Haldeman, by now the President's top aide, noted in his diary that "Nixon emphasized that you have to face the fact that the whole problem is really the blacks. The key is to devise a system that recognizes that, while not appearing to do so."

^ A 1994 NYTimes article to back up the excerpt: Haldeman Diary Shows Nixon Was Wary of Blacks and Jews

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
Man that CA cac was arming the Autodefensas right wing paramilitary groups. The CIA and DIA did the same thing in Haiti arming FRAPH paramilitary death squads. And they same America is a great country! FOH!:pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

The CIA did the same thing during the civil war in El Salvador. It's suspected that the US backed Colonel Ochoa who massacred 200 people and doused their bodies in acid. He was also rumored to be in control of death squads.

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
I aint know Pablo stayed smoking joints like that :krs::blessed: Whats good with pulling they pants up tho? Pablo wasn't the only one doing it this season, they did that shyt constantly

full

:laff::laff::laff:

Don Berna was the real OG the whole series. Knew when to do his thing and when to back off. Told Judy Moncada you better stop fukking around this isn't some game :ufdup:

Not only that but managed to survive and work for the Cali cartel too :whew:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Let's break this down.

1. Yes, legal coke.

With regulations and the money that uselessly goes towards drug enforcement should go to proper education and treatment programs.

2. Purchase in stores?

Yes. Much like alcohol. Why? Well, let's learn from prohibition. Any attempt to prohibit a legal market for an inelastic demand will be met with a black market that WILL profit off of said product.

When an unregulated black market happens... you get producers and manufactures who don't give a shyt about the consumer. And that leads to tragedies like...

The Len Bias Tragedy. The man was not given crack. He had a bad reaction to a quality too pure.

Also, most first time users of any drug, don't ever use it again. Another fun fact? Most drug users are not addicts. And most users are white.

3. I'm not speaking from some poneapple express free your mind bullshyt.

I'm telling you that the irrational enforcement of drugs...not drugs have been one of the worst human rights violations to happen to our Black people breh.

4. I'm not asking you to believe me.

Look the shyt up and read about what leading leaders in the medical field say about drugs. Look up scholarly articles.

I'm sure you know how bad drug use and drug addiction were for American soldiers during Vietnam, right?

Some stats:

45% of Vietnam vets tried narcotics during their tours.

34% tried heroin. 38 % tried opium. Around 20% or more claimed that while in Vietnam, they felt the affects of addiction.

What do you think happened to those who were addicted to drugs while in Vietnam and came home and dodn't receive treatment?

Surprisingly, in the first year back only 5% of the previous addicts reported having an addiction. After 3 years, only 12% reported to have had an addiction at anytime since their return.

I'm willing to bet that those who remained addicted were suffering from environmental stressors that created a demand for numbing physical/emotional pain.

This is just one example that shows socioeconomoc conditions and potential stressors/trauma are higher predictors of addiction than the chemical element of any drug. (My source below.)

http://www.rkp.wustl.edu/VESlit/RobinsAddiction1993.pdf

Breh, I'm not trying to take over this thread but don't paint me as a person who doesn't give a fukk about my people. I do.

I just know that every drug that has become illegal had a racial motive - from opiates and subjugation of West Coast Asians, to Marihauna/cocaine and the fear of doped up Black and Mexican men able to withstand bullets and rape white women.

We have fun with an entertaining show that's really about how American Drug policy continues to ravage South Americans not realizing that the Coca Leaf was a cherished resource by South/Central Americans in antiquity, which they chewed for energy as much as we drink coffee in modern society.

Some literature I suggest to read for anyone interested:

High Price by Dr. Carl Hart

The Candy Machine by Tom Feiling

Chasing the Scream by Johan Hari

And a great TED Talk by The Drug Alliance Director Ethan Nadelmann -

Okay, sorry yall. I just don't like being placed in a bullshyt category of posters.

:handshake:

Our drug policies are all racially driven.

Good posts breh

All drugs should be decriminalized

At the VERY LEAST Marijuana should be completely legal

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
I don't know if anyone else sees it, but a Narcos season based on Judy's character would def be lit and a change of pace, a drug queen pen would def make it more interesting if anything, but who knows, maybe she'll come back in the 3rd season looking for REVENNNGGGEEE :heh:

but who knows, i'm walking in to season 3 with an open mind, i know the writing will be exceptional :lawd:

At the end of the day she was a cornball that was scared of little gas tank explosion.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
take your time with it, you'll be obsessed with it and be fiending for more after you're done with both seasons :feedme:
I'm already on the 2nd to last ep of season 1. shyts addicting. :wow:

Can't believe I slept on it. I was actually gonna peep when it dropped but I backed down cause I didn't wanna add more shows to view.

But I came up on the the season 1 DVD :ehh:

I'm sure I would of watched this show... When it was on season 5. :heh:

Never knew Escobar's story. Dude was on a whole new level. :wow: