Erykah Badu Appreciation Thread.

ComputersPutin

All Star
Daps

:wow: I'm about to text my momma right now after this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Andre 3k, Common, Dead Prez tag teamed it, D.O.C, Jay Electronica and probly a herd of underground/righteous rappers PLUS she toured wit the WU just recently, so it's highly likely somebody like Masta Killa smashed as well......

But respect the Queen.:snoop:

B-Rock Odrama

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone knows Badu wears various wigs at times..but how is that a gimmick? You must not have followed Badu when she chopped all her hair off. LOL @ her not being a natural woman. :wtf:

Also her sister has nothing to do with her, her sister is her own adult.. Badu was not involved in such a scene and did not condone such a scene when it was released. I dont even think she was present when the said scene was shot. Also you are overexaggerating the actual scene. What pack of white boys did you see in the video?

This thread alone shows that Badu is still relevant. She is a soul artist who prefers to tour and do live shows. She doesn't record often for a reason but always has an audience when she tours. So by her standards and goals that she has set for herself she is very relevant.

:pacspit:

Back to appreciating in here.

Erykah_Badu_performs_in_concert_in_Miami_full.jpg

:cape:

-i feel mislead to find out here one her most recognizable features was a wig:yeshrug: yeah i vaguely remember when she went bald....natural women wear their own hair...just cause the wigs she wore were black texture doesn't make her natural

-i'm sure badu and her sister talk so she had to have read the treatment for the video and cosigned off on it..i only wathced the video once and had to go back and watch it again to refresh my memmory..furthemore being that badu and her sis were in the tub at different points in the video i think her sister was playing a body double for badu...i forgot about the bathing in blood scene while playing with her coochi..:huhldup: in addition to the images of her sister drinking what obviously is supposed to represent sperm the video is so sick only a freak serial murderer/rapist cac would enjoy/ be aroused by it...if anything i'm probably under emphasizing how deviant that video was...now that i watch the video a 2nd time the whiteboys never actually were in the scene together with erykah or her sister but i think it's safe to assume that it was suggested indirectly that the bath tub of semen came from their nuts...hense the opening scene with one of the old rocker cacs beating a drum shaped like an testicle.

badu isn't relevant to anyone but whatever neo soul fans she may have left from the 90s many of whom i'm sure she aliented with that abomination of a video...the reason she stopped making albums and only tours now is cause she's kool and the gang status as far as relevance right now

B-Rock Odrama

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yo, you really can't say anything bad about this women. Everything everyone said is true. There really aren't many women as real, thick, beautiful and conscious as her -with an unlimited amount of underrated messages in songs.

Plus you can watch her live and know instantly that if you hit that it would be better than any pus u ever dreamed of... and the conversation after would be even better.

i really don't have any problems with badu....i just think certain aspect's about ther image are disingenious and gimmicky.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

One of her many gems that gave me the Holy Ghost :ohlawd:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I remeber I was going through something at the time, and I heard this version of Bag Lady, and it made me :to:

The gems she was said in that song was scripture for the soul. :ohlawd:

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i have to say one thing about her though. she has gradually declined in the vocal department. her voice was all cool on her first and second albums BUT after that, she has started to sound like she needs to blow her nose or take some mucinex or whatever. she sounds too nasal for her own good.