Eric B. and Rakim tweet: Witnessing devolution of Rap

Tigron

Superstar
Daps
White Jesus Christ, breh. What else do you want me to say? :dahell: Do you really want me to go into depth as to why those beats/vocals/rhymes are lame? :snoop: Seriously... it's like you're trying hard to avoid the obvious.

I like beats that bang with interesting, hypnotic melodies. None of those albums have the top 5 beats of the year by any stretch.

What I find super funny is that you're saying how I'm only in The Booth to hate yet I actually took the time to record myself talking about my favorite hip hop records of 2017 (which you didn't even bother to check, as expected from a lazy poster). Anyone who's in The Booth knows I'm by far one of the top passionate hip hop fans here (if not the most passionate, and there are receipts for this everywhere with stalkers attached).

Rapsody is fukkin trash. Y'all like these lame platitude-spitting rappers but their dull beats and dull vocals can't save them.

And it's hilarious how you're talking about great underground artists not getting shine yet here you are NOT giving them shine. You can't make this shyt up :laff:

At the end of the day, you don't even care if they get shine or not. You're not mentioning them because you're too shook to rep them for fear of being dissed. If that aint some sad shyt, I don't know what is. Call new artists great but have no backbone to provide specifics, brehs :mjlol:

Good music is a couple keys away to people who celebrate mediocrity.
What are you talking about? I'm not the one saying everything is trash nowadays, so no, I don't feel the need to look for shyt that you might like. I posted shyt I rock with. I visit threads that have artists I fukk with. You're the one having difficulty with the current climate of rap. And above all else, you still didn't list any music that was better than what I posted....or any music at all. You just like to hear yourself talk. shyts weird fam. And to answer your question, yes if you call something trash, wack, lame, etc. You don't just say that like it's gospel, you need to explain yourself.
Also beats you don't like =! Beats being trash
Please learn the difference.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
What are you talking about? I'm not the one saying everything is trash nowadays, so no, I don't feel the need to look for shyt that you might like. I posted shyt I rock with. I visit threads that have artists I fukk with. You're the one having difficulty with the current climate of rap. And above all else, you still didn't list any music that was better than what I posted....or any music at all. You just like to hear yourself talk. shyts weird fam. And to answer your question, yes if you call something trash, wack, lame, etc. You don't just say that like it's gospel, you need to explain yourself.
Also beats you don't like =! Beats being trash
Please learn the difference.

let that anger out, breh :mjlol:

It's not my fault you're too lazy to watch a Youtube video clearly summarizing what I fukked with in 2017. And like I said, it's obvious on this board who puts in effort and love into this hip hop shyt. By the way, those songs I mentioned in my video are songs that people actually play outside, get excited about and somehow inspire the new generation to copy (whether well or poorly). It's not my fault your standards are low as fukk and you give out participation marks aka "solids". :mjlol:

I think this is a good place to end this convo. :salute:

Tigron

Superstar
Daps
Not angry at all. I just know shytposting when I see it. Like I said, nothing against you, but I don't watch random YT vids. Ever. Get off that elitist wave because you're not saying anything and drop some music that you fukk with or shut up.

Last edited:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
the best selling rappers are the ones that can actually rap and the whole soundcloud wave is better than snap in every aspect.

it's not like his last solo album was any good. so many older rappers that talk down release some shyt in modern times that ends up sounding insanely dated.

nikka's just old and wants to rap on some random OLD NY TYPE BEAT from youtube and ignore all progression made in the genre so he doesn't have to worry about flows/melodies/etc.

God MC but he's old. i couldn't care less about his opinions of modern rap when he's not apart of it and his perspective is completely dated. he's 50 and made music in the late 80s. music and rap have evolved.

and then old rappers get upset when the new school doesn't fukk with them at all. stop hating all around.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
I hate when old rappers turn into curmudgeons and get set in their ways and stunt on youthful growth, because THEY didn't go down that path. We live in the now & it's about these younger rappers. I personally love the fact that these younger artist are not trying to impress the rappers before them and being themselves - not growing up too fast - being wild cuz honestly, that's what half of these washed up rappers once were when they were that same age. It's the duty of all young artist to be like, 'f*ck these older artist' cuz that mindset keeps the music going. If you got a whole generation trying to be Eric B & Rakim then where is the progression, it gets boring.
shyt posting. So you respect current rappers not having respect for the past and the guys who paved the way for them?

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
shyt posting. So you respect current rappers not having respect for the past and the guys who paved the way for them?

I didn’t say the word respect or disrespect in my reply. I said they shouldn’t try to IMPRESS the older rappers. The older rappers are more worried about the newer artist, than the younger artist are worried about them.

And hold this NEG for not learning reading comprehension.

Last edited:

Gravity

Banned
Daps
I didn’t say the word respect or disrespect in my reply. I said they shouldn’t try to IMPRESS the older rappers. The older rappers are more worried about the newer artist, than the younger artist are worried about them.

And hold this NEG for not learning reading comprehension.

It's the duty of all young artist to be like, 'f*ck these older artist' cuz that mindset keeps the music going

You didn’t have to convey the exact words “respect/disrespect” to convey the message you lying ass bytchmade punk.