Epic Games aint playing huh (Pc drama)

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I prefer the convenience of having the games on Steam, and not having to deal with seedy websites and nefarious files. but if they ain't gonna put their game on Steam... :francis:
Is it possible to play online multiplayer on pirated copies of PC games or nah?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I think competition is good.

Steam is :flabbynsick:

Epic giving devs more money, less BS in their store. Why wouldn’t pubs jump on board?:manny:
that's not really what's going on here though. Epic came with the last minute bag, and paid for one year exclusivity

competition would be the game being on both stores. they're selling the game for $10 cheaper on the Epic Store (although the Epic Store's lack of diverse regional pricing means some countries will end up paying even more for the game then they would have on Steam), so that could have been enough incentive to get a lot of people (not me) to buy the game from Epic

they've also put themselves in this weird situation where they still have to support the game on Steam because of pre-orders. playing the game on Steam is a pre-order bonus now :skip:

I'm sure everyone involved knows they will get less sales on the Epic Store. whatever bag they got is supposed to compensate for that. but it remains to be see if it will be 'enough'. they've definitely created some bad publicity and ill will. I'm not sure if they underestimated the negative reaction, but it's another reason it seems so crazy for them to make this move so close to launch

I don't condone this behavior, but the review bombing has already started... (this is from the Metro 2033 page)

NJGN7uQ.jpg

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
that's not really what's going on here though. Epic came with the last minute bag, and paid for one year exclusivity

competition would be the game being on both stores. they're selling the game for $10 cheaper on the Epic Store (although the Epic Store's lack of diverse regional pricing means some countries will end up paying even more for the game then they would have on Steam), so that could have been enough incentive to get a lot of people (not me) to buy the game from Epic

they've also put themselves in this weird situation where they still have to support the game on Steam because of pre-orders. playing the game on Steam is a pre-order bonus now :skip:

I'm sure everyone involved knows they will get less sales on the Epic Store. whatever bag they got is supposed to compensate for that. but it remains to be see if it will be 'enough'. they've definitely created some bad publicity and ill will. I'm not sure if they underestimated the negative reaction, but it's another reason it seems so crazy for them to make this move so close to launch

I don't condone this behavior, but the review bombing has already started... (this is from the Metro 2033 page)

NJGN7uQ.jpg
Being late to the game and Steam already having an effective monopoly, a competitor has to go to drastic lengths to compete.

Might not be the best way going forward, but they gotta get people in their store. Devs seem to be kinda sour on Steam right now and epic seems to be offering lucrative deals.

I’m interested to see how all this shakes out

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Fitgirl been good to a nikka :blessed:

Cue the whining noise. I expect an outraged Jimquisition segment on this any minute now.
I literally bootleg every new multiplatform game.

All that Tell Tale shyt, Revolver (independant dev) basically everything.:wow:

Most games don't even need multiplayer.

I support but only the games from devs that actually put in the work like Netherrealm, Sony, Nintendo and Rockstar. No other dev gives a fukk about quality.

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
Why don't you just bootleg the games from FITGIRL? :dahell:

The only games I buy are console exclusives for PS4 and Nintendo or multiplayer games that require online like FIFA 19 or Mortal Kombat.:mjlol:

Dafuq am I spending my hard earned money on intangible frivolous shyt. It's one thing to play video games like we do and let it consume our life in some respect but to spend fortunes on our hobby is fugazi.:francis:

A fellow man of culture I see
q9amn.png

If I ever meet that girl, I'm getting down on one knee and proposing she's saved me from so much from trash.

At this point, in 2019, you should only paying for shyt by CD Projekt Red, Sony, etc.
EA and Ubi have been on some real bullshyt anti-consumer practices, fukk them.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
A fellow man of culture I see
q9amn.png

If I ever meet that girl, I'm getting down on one knee and proposing she's saved me from so much from trash.

At this point, in 2019, you should only paying for shyt by CD Projekt Red, Sony, etc.
EA and Ubi have been on some real bullshyt anti-consumer practices, fukk them.
Stand firm my coli soldier, Take this rep n dap, blood.
VCPXxBG.png

As an English man, I'm addicted to football and EA knows this which is why I can't stop buying FIFA every year since '98:heh:

I've been buying the same game for 21 years straight. :wtf::dead::mjcry:

The only independent I rock with is Devolver.:wow: I would of thrown Tell Tale in there too but they've THQ'd themselves.:damn::deadmanny:

Cyberpunk 2077 looks so piff.:banderas:

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stand firm my coli soldier, Take this rep n dap, blood.
VCPXxBG.png

As an English man, I'm addicted to football and EA knows this which is why I can't stop buying FIFA every year since '98:heh:

I've been buying the same game for 21 years straight. :wtf::dead::mjcry:

The only independent I rock with is Devolver.:wow: I would of thrown Tell Tale in there too but they've THQ'd themselves.:damn::deadmanny:

Cyberpunk 2077 looks so piff.:banderas:
Digital devolver is :blessed: