Epic Games aint playing huh (Pc drama)

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
what did you do before Steam was even an option let alone popular :what:
We didn’t have to deal with programs for DRM before Half-Life 2 (the game that started Steam adoption). We just had to insert the disc. shyt seems archaic now. fukking physical copies...:dead:

Yes, I realize that using 6 programs is much better than having hundreds of discs. I just want even more convenience and to have everything in one place. :yeshrug:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
these things exists outside of steam on every game, even more so detailed usually...
most of those things don't exist on the Epic store. but I was also talking about it all being splintered. I prefer having it all in one place

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
most of those things don't exist on the Epic store. but I was also talking about it all being splintered. I prefer having it all in one place

So Metro, Division II and Fortnite dont have achievements :usure:

pretty sure they do :usure:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What did I say was incorrect?
You're complaint is having to click on different launchers.
I get that it's annoying...but really that's all it is.
Outside of the convenience, I don't think it's a good thing any one company to complete dominate a market.
Multiple console gamers are doing this every day, and more recently they've been having to sign on to external services to play certain games like the ones I mentioned: Fortnite, Minecraft, Ubisoft, and EA games.
You still have to sign into other programs on Steam too (uplay for example). The difference is, you can still use Steam as your hub. Ubisoft did it right. With these other games, I am forced to use other hubs. I don’t like that. It is minor, but as consumer who spends a lot on games, it’s what I want

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
that's besides the point, since we've had Steam for years now, and have grown accustomed to it's features

what do you mean thats besides the point :mindblown:

isnt that the point you are failing to make :mindblown:

that Epic games dont have achievements, time played, etc :mindblown:

now that you know they do, and even more so detailed, now its besides the point ? :mindblown:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
So Metro, Division II and Fortnite dont have achievements :usure:

pretty sure they do :usure:
that's one thing, and I said "most", but I don't think the Epic store currently has an achievement system. individual games can have in-game achievements, but they can't be viewed outside the game (yet)

and again my issue is having this all splintered. I have achievements and screenshots for four Metro games on Steam

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You’re clearly not a PC gamer :francis:

I like to have my games all in one place, on one program. I have over 1700 games (:whew:), so I don’t want to have 1600 on Steam, 3 on windows store, 15 on Origin, 30 on Oculus, 2 on Epic and 5 on Battle.net. I just want to open up one program and it’ll have all my games.
This is PC we are talking about here.

Somebody just has to make a universal launcher that will manage all your games :ohhh:

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I think competition is good.

Steam is :flabbynsick:

Epic giving devs more money, less BS in their store. Why wouldn’t pubs jump on board?:manny:
It sounds like they would be completely fine being raped by a monopoly as long as they only have to click one icon. :francis:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It sounds like they would be completely fine being raped by a monopoly as long as they only have to click one icon. :francis:
Like I said before, you’re clearly not a pc gamer and don’t understand what’s going on here.

First off, many different stores sell keys to games that unlock on steam (GMG, cdkeys, etc.). I routinely buy pc games on GMG that unlock on steam. I save about 25% and they are legal, legit, and authorized by the devs. Due to this, there is competition. So, just because it costs $60 on the steam store, that doesn’t mean it costs $60 everywhere. I have the choice to buy the game from a different reseller and then unlock it on steam.

Steam is a hub. It’s a place to store all of your games. When EA and Epic started their own hubs, pc gamers didn’t really care, as you could still play your games on the steam hub. Then, all of the sudden EA and Epic games started to say, this game is only on Origin, only on Epic, etc. This shyt pissed gamers off, because they forced us to use their shytty programs to open up games.

I’m all for competition, but what Epic and EA are doing is holding their games hostage. I am forced to use the Epic Store and the Origin one if I want to play their games. They actually took the option away from me.

So, this is really about that and not about the Steam “raping me”

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Like I said before, you’re clearly not a pc gamer and don’t understand what’s going on here.

First off, many different stores sell keys to games that unlock on steam (GMG, cdkeys, etc.). I routinely buy pc games on GMG that unlock on steam. I save about 25% and they are legal, legit, and authorized by the devs. Due to this, there is competition. So, just because it costs $60 on the steam store, that doesn’t mean it costs $60 everywhere. I have the choice to buy the game from a different reseller and then unlock it on steam.

Steam is a hub. It’s a place to store all of your games. When EA and Epic started their own hubs, pc gamers didn’t really care, as you could still play your games on the steam hub. Then, all of the sudden EA and Epic games started to say, this game is only on Origin, only on Epic, etc. This shyt pissed gamers off, because they forced us to use their shytty programs to open up games.

I’m all for competition, but what Epic and EA are doing is holding their games hostage. I am forced to use the Epic Store and the Origin one if I want to play their games. They actually took the option away from me.

So, this is really about that and not about the Steam “raping me”
I didn't say steam was raping you....what I directly implied was that any monopoly would lead to consumers getting "raped" eventually.
I'm not a PC gamer, but I'm familiar with Steam and the different launchers there are.
I understand the convenience.
I just think the issue is being a bit exaggerated here since at the end of the day we're talking about having to click different icons on a desktop.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Why don't you just bootleg the games from FITGIRL? :dahell:

The only games I buy are console exclusives for PS4 and Nintendo or multiplayer games that require online like FIFA 19 or Mortal Kombat.:mjlol:

Dafuq am I spending my hard earned money on intangible frivolous shyt. It's one thing to play video games like we do and let it consume our life in some respect but to spend fortunes on our hobby is fugazi.:francis:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Ya'll are still only having to click a different icon at the end of the day. :heh:
It's not like having to boot up an entirely different machine...........like console gamers. :youngsabo:
Uhh our Xbox games are also playable on PC :ufdup:
This is PC we are talking about here.

Somebody just has to make a universal launcher that will manage all your games :ohhh:
Like the Xbox store :blessed:

ColiBomaye

All Star
Daps
Eh. Never understood the outrage. Like others have said, it's just another icon to click. I ain't mad at developers trying to get a better bag when Steam as a video game marketplace is super bloated.