Epic Games aint playing huh (Pc drama)

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
:what:

None of Blizzard games are on steam.. they have their own app to buy shyt from... they dont give a fukk about epic or steam :mjlol:

bruh I literally had no clue, I just thought of a game that's on PC and that's the first that came to mind. :mjlol:just ignore whatever I said.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Game companies only do what consumers let them get away with :yeshrug:
I was speaking on Valve letting them get away with it. they advertised the game would be on Steam, used the platform to promote the game, and then pulled out at the last minute

I imagine in the future Valve will put something in their contracts to not let this happen

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The second I heard about this, this morning, I immediately copped it on Steam before it was taken off.

It’s cool they’re only charging $50 on the Epic store (it cost me $60 on Steam), but I really, really hate that this is now a store exclusive. It’s cool if you want to put it on Epic, but not at the expensive of Steam, Origin, etc. Plenty of people, myself included, will pay the extra $10 for a steam version.

I was complaining about this in the PC thread earlier. Right now, I have to use 6 different programs to play all my games, thanks to store-specific exclusives: Steam, Origin, Windows Store, Epic games, Battle.net, and the Oculus store. :beli:

shyt is getting way out of hand. Yes, competition is good, but you defeat the purpose by having the game only available to buy from one store. Put it on all the stores. Stop leaving money on the table and stop forcing users to use your bullshyt, boutique storefront. Stop it :sitdown:

I’m notorious for buying basically every game that comes out, but perhaps stealing is the way to go from now on :francis:

They did it to themselves :ufdup:
Ya'll are still only having to click a different icon at the end of the day. :heh:
It's not like having to boot up an entirely different machine...........like console gamers. :youngsabo:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Ya'll are still only having to click a different icon at the end of the day. :heh:
It's not like having to boot up an entirely different machine...........like console gamers. :youngsabo:
imagine if this game came out on consoles, but used a service outside of Xbox Live/PSN. so no achievements/trophies, friend list, screenshots, forums, playtime tracking, etc

I know people claim to not care about that stuff, but I like those community features. people that own the game on the Epic store will probably have to go to Steam forums to get help

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
imagine if this game came out on consoles, but used a service outside of Xbox Live/PSN. so no achievements/trophies, friend list, screenshots, forums, playtime tracking, etc

I know people claim to not care about that stuff, but I like those community features. people that own the game on the Epic store will probably have to go to Steam forums to get help
This is already beginning to happen on consoles.
Look at Fornite on all consoles and Minecraft on Switch.
You have to log into a different service to play.
Ubisoft games do the same thing and recently I noticed Anthem does the same thing.
You have to log on to different services outside of your console's log on.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
This is already beginning to happen on consoles.
Look at Fornite on all consoles and Minecraft on Switch.
You have to log into a different service to play.
Ubisoft games do the same thing and recently I noticed Anthem does the same thing.
You have to log on to different services outside of your console's log on.
yeah, but Fortnite still has Xbox achievements and such. those are generally separate services used for multiplayer

llt23

All Star
Daps
Its inconvenient now but competition is good. Lets see sales get better again.

Wanting Epic to fail as a Steam competitor is just not a good look for anyone. Consumer wins when these guys are going at each other throats. Steam is practically a monopoly, fukk them.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
You’re clearly not a PC gamer :francis:

I like to have my games all in one place, on one program. I have over 1700 games (:whew:), so I don’t want to have 1600 on Steam, 3 on windows store, 15 on Origin, 30 on Oculus, 2 on Epic and 5 on Battle.net. I just want to open up one program and it’ll have all my games.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

I like to have my games all in one place, on one program. I have over 1700 games (:whew:), so I don’t want to have 1600 on Steam, 3 on windows store, 15 on Origin, 30 on Oculus, 2 on Epic and 5 on Battle.net. I just want to open up one program and it’ll have all my games.

what did you do before Steam was even an option let alone popular :what:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

What did I say was incorrect?
You're complaint is having to click on different launchers.
I get that it's annoying...but really that's all it is.
Outside of the convenience, I don't think it's a good thing any one company to complete dominate a market.
Multiple console gamers are doing this every day, and more recently they've been having to sign on to external services to play certain games like the ones I mentioned: Fortnite, Minecraft, Ubisoft, and EA games.