Entourage: the Movie [POSTER]

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
Just what I thought post about Ari the only real character in the show because he is based off a superb agent in real life. What things could bums with no education or talent like E or Turtle really accomplish?

Because that's how it works. Half of the successful Presidents & Managers in the game have similar stories to E & Turtle...

No I.D. started off as a broke beatmaker living check to check in Chicago... mentored Kanye West & 10 years later he's the President of Def Jam Records. Cat's like E are out here everyday all over the place because they're tied to an artist or actor who gives them leverage...

Jay-Z's best friend Ta Ta was nothing more then his best friend for years & Jay gave him a job as his Tour Manager & eventually when Jay got bigger he did too... Tour Manager to Neyo's A&R at Def Jam & now he is at a high level position at Roc Nation...

Stories like this exist all over like I said... the show is as accurate as it gets...

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Vince & E represent every artsy idiotic artist I've ever met in the Music Industry...

For example... I was at Sony ATV last month & had a meeting. The entire point of the Music Business is that IT'S A BUSINESS. Sony ATV specifically has Songwriters signed to them that don't want to make COMMERCIAL MUSIC. It's so many stories of producers & songwriters who wanted their music to be appreciated on an "artsy" level if that makes sense. They turn down being on Rihanna & Rihanna type projects because they don't want to hurt their "Songwriter Integrity" & usually after a year or so they're in debt because they can't get any songs off...

Why would you even sign a deal with a Major Label or Publisher if your intention isn't MAKING MONEY? Stay Indie then... shyt has never made sense to me...

And E becoming a Boss in 8 years (he wasn't shyt until the last season... before that all his work was based on being Vince's best friend) is very realistic. It's people that come into the Entertainment Industry & hustle & grind their asses off to get in high positions... it usually takes about 4-5 years if you work hard at it... that's why Presidents/A&Rs/Consultants are being replaced all the time by younger & harder working people...

The show is about as realistic as it gets... Ari couldn't control Vince the same way Vincent Herbert can't control Lady Gaga or how Dame Dash couldn't control Cam'ron or how Chris Brown's people can't control him...

And yes... it's a LOT of idiotic people that would've turned down A2 to do a Medellin... hell look at Terrance Howard turning down Iron Man 2 because he wanted to do the Rick James movie... he hasn't recovered since...

:ohhh:

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus

Look at Drama as well... he's the BUSTA RHYMES of the show...

He was always kissing ass trying to get into someones movie... was way too old to be hanging around the guys he was hanging around & was so desperate to be in Rush Hour 3 that he offered Brett Ratner that he'd do it for free or even PAY HIM to be in the movie...

It's artists, producers & songwriters that are this dumb & desperate as well & that's why they stay broke because they "sell their soul" for little to nothing...

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Season 1-4 are GOAT. After that it went downhill fast. Season 7-8 are some of the worst TV I've ever seen. shyt makes me sad even thinking about it :sadcam:

Agree on all points. Its just HARD to fathom how quickly the show bit the bullet. They fukking castrated Ari (one of the GOAT tv characters of all time) made Vince a love-sick puppy dog, made E some kind of Boss capable of taking down one of the most powerful men in the agency business:shaq2: and gave him that ugly ass rat looking chick to simp for half a season:scusthov:

The only two characters who managed to escape rather unscathed was Drama and Turtle, I liked how after all teh years of hustle, grind, and being overshadowed Drama got a little success and how Turtle tried to "grow up" from being that hanger- on Pot smoking friend to someone who wanted to better himself. Those were the ONLY two storylines I could rock with over those last two seasons...

Babyshambles

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Amsterdam
Agree on all points. Its just HARD to fathom how quickly the show bit the bullet. They fukking castrated Ari (one of the GOAT tv characters of all time) made Vince a love-sick puppy dog, made E some kind of Boss capable of taking down one of the most powerful men in the agency business:shaq2: and gave him that ugly ass rat looking chick to simp for half a season:scusthov:

The only two characters who managed to escape rather unscathed was Drama and Turtle, I liked how after all teh years of hustle, grind, and being overshadowed Drama got a little success and how Turtle tried to "grow up" from being that hanger- on Pot smoking friend to someone who wanted to better himself. Those were the ONLY two storylines I could rock with over those last two seasons...

Even Turtle was annoying with that restaurant storyline and him being some sort of lackey to those 2 restaurant owners. I can't remember the specifics of Season 8, because I only watched it once. But everyone turned into a bytch, only Drama was kind of okay at the end.

Still though, 'Vegas Baby, Baby' is one of my favorite episodes from any show ever.