Entourage: the Movie [POSTER]

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Does anyone care? This show had such a negative stigma when it went off the air that I'm shocked a movie was made. When the biggest star is still Pivens, thats a huge problem

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
The show tried to be too trendy, always making the latest pop culture reference or having the newest celebrity. I remember when Day N Night just started to blow up it was on the next episode of Entourage. The show just lacked substance and thats the reason why How to Make it in America failed.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Vince & E represent every artsy idiotic artist I've ever met in the Music Industry...

For example... I was at Sony ATV last month & had a meeting. The entire point of the Music Business is that IT'S A BUSINESS. Sony ATV specifically has Songwriters signed to them that don't want to make COMMERCIAL MUSIC. It's so many stories of producers & songwriters who wanted their music to be appreciated on an "artsy" level if that makes sense. They turn down being on Rihanna & Rihanna type projects because they don't want to hurt their "Songwriter Integrity" & usually after a year or so they're in debt because they can't get any songs off...

Why would you even sign a deal with a Major Label or Publisher if your intention isn't MAKING MONEY? Stay Indie then... shyt has never made sense to me...

And E becoming a Boss in 8 years (he wasn't shyt until the last season... before that all his work was based on being Vince's best friend) is very realistic. It's people that come into the Entertainment Industry & hustle & grind their asses off to get in high positions... it usually takes about 4-5 years if you work hard at it... that's why Presidents/A&Rs/Consultants are being replaced all the time by younger & harder working people...

The show is about as realistic as it gets... Ari couldn't control Vince the same way Vincent Herbert can't control Lady Gaga or how Dame Dash couldn't control Cam'ron or how Chris Brown's people can't control him...

And yes... it's a LOT of idiotic people that would've turned down A2 to do a Medellin... hell look at Terrance Howard turning down Iron Man 2 because he wanted to do the Rick James movie... he hasn't recovered since...
Umm I'm pretty sure he left because he wanted more money than marvel would give
"Howard claims Cheadle was always the studio's first choice, so when it came time to cast Iron Man 2, they basically offered Howard a deal he could refuse. Paid $4.5 million for the first film, his contract suggested he'd get $8 for a sequel. However, he explains, “The second time, [the studio] said, 'We think the movie will be successful with or without you. So, instead of the $8m that we said we were gonna' pay you, we're going to let you come back for a million dollars.'"
Because your in the entertainment industry maybe you relate to it more but there's a Reason the last few seasons got killed critically , they weren't good . The storylines just became an excuse to get Hollywood star cameos .... It's similar to Hollywood maybe but way more of Hollywood would relate to waitressing and stuff as opposed to blowing up

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
Umm I'm pretty sure he left because he wanted more money than marvel would give
"Howard claims Cheadle was always the studio's first choice, so when it came time to cast Iron Man 2, they basically offered Howard a deal he could refuse. Paid $4.5 million for the first film, his contract suggested he'd get $8 for a sequel. However, he explains, “The second time, [the studio] said, 'We think the movie will be successful with or without you. So, instead of the $8m that we said we were gonna' pay you, we're going to let you come back for a million dollars.'"
Because your in the entertainment industry maybe you relate to it more but there's a Reason the last few seasons got killed critically , they weren't good . The storylines just became an excuse to get Hollywood star cameos .... It's similar to Hollywood maybe but way more of Hollywood would relate to waitressing and stuff as opposed to blowing up

I never said the show stayed amazing or anything... I just stated that it is *VERY* accurate to how business is handled in the Entertainment Industry...

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Season 1-4 are GOAT. After that it went downhill fast. Season 7-8 are some of the worst TV I've ever seen. shyt makes me sad even thinking about it :sadcam:

IMO 5 and 6 weren't too bad, but 7 and 8 were atrocious.

man all I know is that last episode was corny as hell how they all rode into the sunset basically with everyone :win:

:aicmon:

One of the worst endings to a tv series I've ever watched.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Come on.. I can't be the only nikka that hated E. :birdman:

i didnt hate him but out of the group he was defo my least favourite.

turtle is my boy and i didnt like how E used to always downgrade him.

he wifed a legit 5* goddess like sloan though :obama:

season 6 is actually one of my favourite seasons, maybe its because turtle was on a high.

2 and 3 are the best. they were just living that perfect life

Daps
Yea E was a pompous douche.

I enjoyed the show from start to finish. It definitely got weaker, but this "worst television" talk is nothing but hyperbole. It's fall off wasn't as bad as Oz.

With that said, I never got the clamor for a movie...I can't see this being good. All signs point to a money grab.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
E is one of the worst characters in any show and the entire storyline with him and Sloan was just absurd. I loved the show, but that was always a major gripe for me.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Lol these bums asking for more money, Vince who has not done a damn thing in 2 years is asking for money, and Turtle, whoever represents these bums should sit then down and say, 1st pudgy midgets don't get many roles especially when they are over 30 and the actor who plays Vince needs help, Guy has done nothing of note in over 2 years, guys on the Sopranos and other cancelled HBO shows working more than him.
entourage.jpg

'Entourage' actor Jeremy Piven, executive producer Mark Wahlberg, actors Kevin Dillon, Adrian Grenier, Kevin Connolly and Jerry Ferrara.
Photo: Getty

The return of the “Entourage” crew to the big screen has been delayed by cast members including Adrian Grenier and Jeremy Piven, who have been demanding more cash for the much-anticipated movie version.

The long-awaited film based on the hit HBO show was due to go into production in May, but it’s been on hold while producers try to agree on deals with key members of the cast, Page Six has exclusively learned.

A source told us that despite the two-year lead up to production, “They wanted to start filming early this summer, but the cast has been on hold. Jeremy finally signed his contract two weeks ago. His deal closed Aug. 29. But there are other members of the cast, including Adrian Grenier and Jerry Ferrara, who are still holding out.”

The “Entourage” movie was announced in January 2012. In January of this year, producer Mark Wahlberg confirmed the script was completed and they planned to go into production in May.

Wahlberg admitted it took time to get show creator Doug Ellin to formulate the screenplay. He told MTV in January, “So it just took a long time. It took a long time to get it written, get it right, and we got a fantastic script. Warner Bros. is very excited about it. All the guys are excited.”

He added, “Getting everybody in the same place at the same time has been tough as well.” Wahlberg said he’d originally hoped to start shooting as early as May this year so the flick could be released in April or May 2014.

He said the plot would focus on the leading characters — Ari Gold (Piven), Vincent “Vince” Chase (Grenier), Eric “E” Murphy (Kevin Connolly), Turtle (Ferrara) and Johnny “Drama” Chase (Kevin Dillon).

HBO’s “Entourage” came to an end in 2011. The final episode saw Vince head to Paris to marry his girlfriend, and slick super-agent Gold quitting his job to make a go of things with his estranged wife.

Reps for Piven and Warner Bros. declined to comment. Reps for Wahlberg, Grenier and Ferrara didn’t get back to us