Enough is enough, PS4 PRO is a borderline CON

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
@Killigraphy , PC gaming is always gonna be a hobbyist concern. Console gaming offers far greater ease of use and is far more cost effective. You can pick up an PS4/XB1S of the shelf for 200, a 'faux-K' PsPro for 300 and pretty soon a fully fledged 4K60FPS machine for between 400-500.

The short term reality is that PC gamers will be the ones with the dilemma of switching as consoles are now providing Titan 1080-esque performance at less than half the price of the pc equivalents

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
@Killigraphy , PC gaming is always gonna be a hobbyist concern. Console gaming offers far greater ease of use and is far more cost effective. You can pick up an PS4/XB1S of the shelf for 200, a 'faux-K' PsPro for 300 and pretty soon a fully fledged 4K60FPS machine for between 400-500.

The short term reality is that PC gamers will be the ones with the dilemma of switching as consoles are now providing Titan 1080-esque performance at less than half the price of the pc equivalents
Scorpio and Pro are great and I got one and will cop the other but they aren't on that level just because they can run a higher resolution at a decent framerate :russ:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
as someone that has a gaming pc you guys gotta stop saying get a pc. a lot of headaches come with pc, updating drivers, installing cards, patches for games, fact you can't just go in wallmart n buy a game of the shelf, the average consumer doesn't want to put up with this

:dahell:

Fucc would you need to go into a store to buy games when everything is digital

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys

I get what you're saying, and trust, I used to love consoles, but then I got into PC gaming, and I've researched both field (PC/Console) and have come to one conclusion...PC is the way to go. Consoles are emulating the PC, from being somewhat modular to adding the customization of graphics. And its no surprise why. They even had a go at it with mods via Fallout. The console devs know its only a matter of time.

And consoles are not even close to performing like a Titan, that's just so wrong I don't even know where to begin. But it is irrelevant no-less. Consoles are just starting to emulate PC's, both in form and function, that's my point. Statistically speaking its cheaper to own one PC over the course of 10 years, than it is to buy two consoles and exclusive titles for them (DLC/Season pass included).

I already posted the numbers, its far from a hobby, the numbers just keep increasing. And while both mediums have elitists, I like to lean on the system that is far more modular and less taxing on my wallet.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
as someone that has a gaming pc you guys gotta stop saying get a pc. a lot of headaches come with pc, updating drivers, installing cards, patches for games, fact you can't just go in wallmart n buy a game of the shelf, the average consumer doesn't want to put up with this
:blessed:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Yeah Nintendo never, but PS is already teasing at it with the ability to customize graphic setting for future releases and Xbox...well it just makes sense.
That's not enough, Sony does nothing in the pc space and they not trying to. Sony vaio fell the fukk off, the browser on the PlayStation is and always has been garbage. If they was serious they would partner with Google for the browser. Or chrome. But I digress...

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Sometimes it's just simpler... If it's on your way home why not?! :ld:

You can buy games using an app on your phone

:patrice:

To return them or trade them back in for something else if theyre ass

Fair enough, while they do offer refunds for digital games now, with Steam you have to have under a certain playtime to get the refund

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

IDK I never used the app...:ld: I remember being in manhattan, Just fiending to play something new, copped horizon around manhattan mall I didn't want to wait to get home to download it... It's just easier for me. I really do like having physical copies. :ld:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

:patrice:

Fair enough, while they do offer refunds for digital games now, with Steam you have to have under a certain playtime to get the refund
I dont use steam and never heard of refunds for digital console or hand held games.

Just saying, i know its the reason I buy certain physical copies (far cry). Gonna trade a few in and get another physical
Copy next time.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
My PS4Pro doesn't even work well with my 4K projector. The Xbox One S is a far better console from a real world performance stand point.
I didnt see the purpose of a Pro and from what I hear, it was kinda a miss.

XB1S is definitely the best console right now imo with Pro/OG second. Im actually playing my PS4 (persona5) through my XB1S now

Daps
While ya'll arguing about consoles. I'm here playing every games on high 60fps 1440p with my gtx 1070. :blessed::takedat:

I use to have a ps4 2 years ago sold that bytch after i saw one of my homeboys playing GTA V on PC. playing games in 60fps is :mjcry::mjgrin:

building a PC is worth it in the long run brehs

the only thing i miss about consoles is madden. i was so cold with the steelers:wow: