Enough is enough, PS4 PRO is a borderline CON

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
as someone that has a gaming pc you guys gotta stop saying get a pc. a lot of headaches come with pc, updating drivers, installing cards, patches for games, fact you can't just go in wallmart n buy a game of the shelf, the average consumer doesn't want to put up with this

I was a layman to PC's when I first got one, now I'm installing my own cards, RAM, etc. It's not that hard. Secondly, drivers are updated automatically these days, as are patches. If you aren't given the option, they do automatically.

Lastly, "the consumer" is putting up with $60 tech demo's/half made games, and bad patches. Then there's console problems that arise and limited hardware. We're talking about consoles that came out with 500GB of memory only to realize "damn, they are gonna buy more than 10 games", and are just now releasing a 1tb one...

I'd rather put up with the "annoyance" that is a PC as opposed to the rape, that is owning a console.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was a layman to PC's when I first got one, now I'm installing my own cards, RAM, etc. It's not that hard. Secondly, drivers are updated automatically these days, as are patches. If you aren't given the option, they do automatically.

Lastly, "the consumer" is putting up with $60 tech demo's/half made games, and bad patches. Then there's console problems that arise and limited hardware. We're talking about consoles that came out with 500GB of memory only to realize "damn, they are gonna buy more than 10 games", and are just now releasing a 1tb one...

I'd rather put up with the "annoyance" that is a PC as opposed to the rape, that is owning a console.
the average consumer don't even wanna open their pc breh, forget how easy it is, they don't wanna do it. n sometimes you change pc you gotta also change power supply, its not as cut and dry as the coli make out.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
the average consumer don't even wanna open their pc breh, forget how easy it is, they don't wanna do it. n sometimes you change pc you gotta also change power supply, its not as cut and dry as the coli make out.

And owning a console isn't as "cut and dry" as you're making it out to be. I've owned several consoles over the years...one constantly problem still remains; Imperfect releases. From consoles locking up, to straight changing and entire part (PS4 memory issue). The average consumer doesn't want to open up their console due to devs not fixing a very common problem. The average consumer shouldn't have to wait several years for a patch...and technically they don't have to, the ps4 is modular (to an extent), you merely in that case have to replaced it with a 1TB drive.....still helps my point.

Eventually, consoles are going to dive into the pc realm, from customizing graphic settings, to having more modular parts. If the "average consumer" can figure out how to work a console front to back, they can learn how to work an OS, damn near everyone in the states has a phone and or tablet, OS wise, it wouldn't be problem. Parts wise, again, its as easy as pushing in a cartridge.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And owning a console isn't as "cut and dry" as you're making it out to be. I've owned several consoles over the years...one constantly problem still remains; Imperfect releases. From consoles locking up, to straight changing and entire part (PS4 memory issue). The average consumer doesn't want to open up their console due to devs not fixing a very common problem. The average consumer shouldn't have to wait several years for a patch...and technically they don't have to, the ps4 is modular (to an extent), you merely in that case have to replaced it with a 1TB drive.....still helps my point.

Eventually, consoles are going to dive into the pc realm, from customizing graphic settings, to having more modular parts. If the "average consumer" can figure out how to work a console front to back, they can learn how to work an OS, damn near everyone in the states has a phone and or tablet, OS wise, it wouldn't be problem. Parts wise, again, its as easy as pushing in a cartridge.
owning a console is as cut as dry as it gets. theres no simpler solution. ive had consoles since 1985 and never had any of those conole issues.

also I don't get why you care so much, let consoles fans enjoy consoles.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
owning a console is as cut as dry as it gets. theres no simpler solution. ive had consoles since 1985 and never had any of those conole issues.

also I don't get why you care so much, let consoles fans enjoy consoles.

Well you care, you replied to my post, I was merely stating the inevitability of consoles going the route of PC.

Also just because you haven't ran into any problems doesn't mean the red ring of death never existed.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Well you care, you replied to my post, I was merely stating the inevitability of consoles going the route of PC.

Also just because you haven't ran into any problems doesn't mean the red ring of death never existed.
Breh this argument is silly. Nothing is more plug and play than taking a console home and popping in the game. The average person is not about building and maintaining a gaming pc.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Its 2017....the average person doesn't have to...
Your problem is that your perception is off. People aren't even willing to buy a ps4 pro over the original for 100$

How much does it cost to build a gaming pc? Monitor, gaming K/M? How much is a decent prebuilt gaming pc?

Average casual prefer apple products. People prefer simplicity

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

Nah bruh :stop: Microsoft has an interest there because they are already in that "space"
But it would make NO SENSE for a Nintendo to go that route. Sony, they wanna be a jack of all trades and will likely make some machine that will flop like everything else they release not named playstation console :francis:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Nah bruh :stop: Microsoft has an interest there because they are already in that "space"
But it would make NO SENSE for a Nintendo to go that route. Sony, they wanna be a jack of all trades and will likely make some machine that will flop like everything else they release not named playstation console :francis:

Yeah Nintendo never, but PS is already teasing at it with the ability to customize graphic setting for future releases and Xbox...well it just makes sense.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Your problem is that your perception is off. People aren't even willing to buy a ps4 pro over the original for 100$

How much does it cost to build a gaming pc? Monitor, gaming K/M? How much is a decent prebuilt gaming pc?

Average casual prefer apple products. People prefer simplicity

In 2005, PC popularity was 1.17% of consoles.
In 2012, PC popularity was 7.49% of consoles.
+5863% PC gain from 2005 to 2012.
+916% combined console gains from 2005 to 2012.
PCs have increased six times as much as consoles have.
PCs are trending up much faster than consoles.

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/YAKms/2005-2012-pc-vs-console-gaming-population-growth-rates

Its becoming far more common. As for the gaming PC price range - $580 and up. I paid 800 for mine, custom build, and it has lasted two console releases with only one upgrade. K/M come included in damn near every deal. As for the monitor, that's like asking how much you paid for you tv? Everything in all mediums add up. But the PC comes off cheaper.

Better deals for games (cd key websites/steam/etc) and modular. Keep in mind that I still would buy a console...if they weren't raping the general community.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
In 2005, PC popularity was 1.17% of consoles.
In 2012, PC popularity was 7.49% of consoles.
+5863% PC gain from 2005 to 2012.
+916% combined console gains from 2005 to 2012.
PCs have increased six times as much as consoles have.
PCs are trending up much faster than consoles
7.49% is proof that people don't mind building a pc?
:gucci:
Its becoming far more common. As for the gaming PC price range - $580 and up. I paid 800 for mine, custom build, and it has lasted two console releases with only one upgrade. K/M come included in damn near every deal. As for the monitor, that's like asking how much you paid for you tv? Everything in all mediums add up. But the PC comes off cheaper.
So your gonna have to drop at least $580 on a low end pc and build it yourself,
When people think $400 for a console is pushing it.
:gucci:

The difference between a ps4 pro and a $580 pc isn't enough to make the switch. Matter fact, I feel like if your not trying to drop at least $1000 then you might as well buy a console. The average person isn't doing all that.

And the monitor does matter cause people already own a TV and maybe a computer monitor, but you need a proper gaming monitor for whatever rig your going with.