Engadget: Xbox's lack of compelling games won't be fixed next year

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Because it’s redundant to have a Xbox if u have a PS4

If Xbox had games I would bought one:mjlol:

But instead I bought a PSVR, Pro, & Switch.

I’m not buying a console just for Halo & Gears

There's no point in having both systems. Let's be real.

I copped an xbox cuz I like halo wars, gears, etc.
I copped a PS4 cuz I wanted to play PS games

It's all good, its also good for me cuz I have one in my living room and one in my family room.
I can play games in either, while my wife or kids watch netflix or play games on the other. or if I want to stream some sports or something.

like really? $250?? better than an appletv even.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Yea, Microsoft fukked up this generation. And they continue to fukk up by releasing the X.

With that being said, I'm much more of a casual gamer than I was when I was younger. I just don't have the time to play every game that comes out. Also the games that I would be interested in aren't being made. To many old-timey fantasy folklore type games and that shyt is wack to me. I've played every Uncharted game except for 4 and I honestly haven't missed it. It's an out of sight out of mind thing with me.

I bought the One because it had vastly superior media functionality at the time than the PS4 and I can't say I regret my decision.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
My point isn't to say me myself am playing every one of those games MP mode actively, it's to point out that they do have MP modes and they are compelling given that they have had long legs and are active. I personally put hundreds of hours into UC2/3's MP. UC4 I played slightly less online.

You're basing this off of The Coli? The Coli =/= everybody. Y'all can't gauge what's actually going on based off of here.
You think Phil Spencer is saying these things about wanting more exclusives based off the posts of sony stans from video game forums?

"I think our offering is good and it is solid. I definitely hear that gamers want more. Would we love to have two-dozen more super-strong, absolutely exclusives? You bet. We do have more coming; more that are in the works that we're not talking about now."

Come on now.

So you need to have and own an Xbox 1 to comment on the fact that there's a huge dearth in 1st party titles coming from them?

Why are you pretending to not get what's being said? You're an intelligent poster, you surely would know drought=1st party titles(and some 3rd parties too).

This point is brought up in response to post like yours that try to dismiss/downplay or divert the discussion away from Xbox not having hardly any 1st party titles to some captain obvious point that there is literally software on Xbox to play.
I appreciate the response.

For one, the internet follows trends. I would gamble that the type of comments by xbox and sony gamers across the internet probably aren't that much different aside from cac and c00n being thrown around. I imagine most xbox gamers are still xbox gamers because their frustration w/ the lack of exclusives is no where near as loud or present as the criticism by non-xbox users are.

Brehs really are happy on their system. shyt is hilarious.

I've realized that this conversation has almost always been about console exclusives until the windows integration. This tells me that no matter how many games come out from an Msft studio, brehs will still claim X1 owners are displeased because it's available on a PC.

Goal post moving is an artform on the internet. Thus, brehs trying to shyt on the opinion that there is enough to play on X1 just sounds like trolling at this point.

Outside of xbox stans, why haven't everyone else just traded in their x1s for a Ps4? Even when discounts were available, this drought hasn't compelled the current established Xbox base to jump ship. And on top of that, people purchased the X1X at a rate that surprised MSft considering it's a luxury item.

Why? because most sony nikkas are happy with their shyt no matter how many movie game IPs that leave me uninspired. And xbox nikkas are happy no matter how much a circle jerk of nikkas try to shyt on x1 owners for enjoying a company that has expanded their products to their windows pc systems. shyt kills me that brehs are passionate to hate. :mjgrin:

Sidenote: I'd be interested to find out how many Xbox brehs purchased and completed Tomb Raider. I beat the first one and I've abandoned the second.

It would be interesting to find out how these conversations would change if gamers focused on another relevant topic - whether a single player game should be judged on how well the story/enjoyment compels them to actually complete the story.

nikkas will swear up and down on a soapbox w/ a Sony back tattoo that the Uncharted, Horizon and Last of Us are the type of experiences that Msft should mimic but how many of those Sony exclusive experiences are Sony brehs actually finishing? And why not?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I appreciate the response.

For one, the internet follows trends. I would gamble that the type of comments by xbox and sony gamers across the internet probably aren't that much different aside from cac and c00n being thrown around. I imagine most xbox gamers are still xbox gamers because their frustration w/ the lack of exclusives is no where near as loud or present as the criticism by non-xbox users are.

Brehs really are happy on their system. shyt is hilarious.

I've realized that this conversation has almost always been about console exclusives until the windows integration. This tells me that no matter how many games come out from an Msft studio, brehs will still claim X1 owners are displeased because it's available on a PC.

Goal post moving is an artform on the internet. Thus, brehs trying to shyt on the opinion that there is enough to play on X1 just sounds like trolling at this point.

Outside of xbox stans, why haven't everyone else just traded in their x1s for a Ps4? Even when discounts were available, this drought hasn't compelled the current established Xbox base to jump ship. And on top of that, people purchased the X1X at a rate that surprised MSft considering it's a luxury item.

Why? because most sony nikkas are happy with their shyt no matter how many movie game IPs that leave me uninspired. And xbox nikkas are happy no matter how much a circle jerk of nikkas try to shyt on x1 owners for enjoying a company that has expanded their products to their windows pc systems. shyt kills me that brehs are passionate to hate. :mjgrin:
I wager that a lot of Xbox 1 owners who bought it first have PS4s too while there's not many PS4 owners who went out and bought a X1. Given that the install base between the two is so large(30 million to 70 million), diehard Xbox users merely sample the PS4 for the exclusives they want while keeping the X1 for their main platform for w/e reason they want(achievements, friends, controller, ecosystem continuation etc.)

Sidenote: I'd be interested to find out how many Xbox brehs purchased and completed Tomb Raider. I beat the first one and I've abandoned the second.

It would be interesting to find out how these conversations would change if gamers focused on another relevant topic - whether a single player game should be judged on how well the story/enjoyment compels them to actually complete the story.

nikkas will swear up and down on a soapbox w/ a Sony back tattoo that the Uncharted, Horizon and Last of Us are the type of experiences that Msft should mimic but how many of those Sony exclusive experiences are Sony brehs actually finishing? And why not?
I'm not sure where you're going with the notion that people are saying MSFT should mimic UC, Horizon and TLOU. People are saying MSFT should have more 1st party studios or allow their 1st party studios to make other IPs.

343 is a Halo studio, Turn 10 games Forza and The Coalition Gears. That, in addition to new studios for some AAA exclusives would be great as a start.

As for your last point about Sony exclusive experience completion rates, that's not a "Sony exclusive" thing. Gamers, or gaming is a lifestyle somewhat. Some people just want to stay in touch with games and simply set aside a game for a new one. it often has nothing to do with the quality of the game's story. A game can be amazing and yet, a new game comes out and people jump onto the next one. It happens with all games. Even MP games i wager. how many brehs actually reach the highest level and unlock everything in a MP game? That type of gaming is different because the enjoyment of the game is small, winnable games that gives you the "one more" feeling. It works on big, successful games but that doesn't suddenly mean devs should cater to MP only games.

A lot of those gamers leave to the next title the following month. Framing a game like that isn't the way to go about it imo. Seeing all the content the dev put in there isn't a useful metric.

To tie that back to the main point, a game shouldn't be judged on how well the story/enjoyment compels them because there's so many other factors into why someone may not finish it and the act of "finishing" a game is vague as hell. It's not just black and white to say "Oh you didn't finish it then the game isn't compelling." A 30 hour game played for 1 hour or 24 hours is still "not finished" yet can be framed as a "game wasn't finished wasted effort" frame. It's an interesting topic for sure.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Can't even get a baseball game on the one smh
RW2w5s

:mjlol:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
Why do you assume every Xbox player is a hardcore MP gamer who doesn't play SP games?? This stereotype is false. I know plenty of Xbox players in real life who love long SP games and PS4 players who play online on those same games you named, on PS4. Most MP games are bigger on PS4.

Some of the biggest PS4 exclusives have online components in them(Uncharted, Street fighter V, TLOU, God of War, GT, Bloodborne as well as a myriad of other lesser known MP titles that you guys seem to forget about like Dragon Quest, Drawn to Death, Everybody's Golf, Let it Die, Driveclub etc.)

The difference is those same games you named are available on PS4/PC all the while there's other experiences found only on Playstation. It's not really up for debate. There's no compelling exclusive software that'll sway someone to go with the Xbox over PS4 in most cases when you stack up the overall library.

And to your point for MP games on the PlayStation, pretty sure people also play Destiny 2 WAY more on the PS4 than they do X1. And if you play Final Fantasy XV on the X1, you're taking an L cause Comrades is absolute trash on there apparently. :huhldup:

Also, Nier Automata (if we're considering it an exclusive and removing PC completely from the conversation) and Persona 5 both had online components as well. And let's not forget Dissidia coming at the end of the month.

See. I'm a huge JRPG fan. So for me, PlayStation has always been the console for me. I like my FPS games as much as anyone else, but JRPGs bring me back to the days as a kid when I first popped in Brave Fencer Musashi, Final Fantasy 8 and Legend of Dragoon. PS2 blessed me with my favorite franchise, Kingdom Hearts. PS3 gave me some good experiences too. So for me, you wouldn't think that a player with my tastes would be into the Xbox One. But I actually was willing to give it a chance. After all, the console itself looks dope and the specs sounded promising. The problem is, there's nothing on there I would've bought a console strictly for. I bought my PS4 specifically because of FFXV back in 2015. I don't regret my purchase once, and since then, I've gotten to play games like Destiny, Danganronpa V3, Nier Automata, Persona 5, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Uncharted Collection, Bloodborne, Borderlands (Handsome Collection) and a ton more.

And we've got Kingdom Hearts 3 coming out this year, the Final Fantasy VII Remake coming whenever Nomura's done drawing zipper belts, Last of Us II, Detroit: Become Human, God of War 3, Dissidia NT, Death Stranding at some point and the Crash Bandicoot collected dropped just last year. And who knows what we're getting this year at E3. :why:

Xbox almost had me with Code Vein... Till I learned it was coming to the PS4. Adios, I guess. :francis: But until they get better studios, I think a lot of people are gonna feel some type of way sooner or later.

I'm done :laff:

This nikka said people bought PS4's for MLB but NOT Uncharted? Then you double down on "UC is a franchise!" and tell me what is MLB The Show? A brand new series that started last year?
You ain't making no sense breh like wtf?

Yeah, I'm not sure what he means by that. Especially considering one was a bundle. Most people are buying it for Uncharted, people aren't swinging in Black Friday lines for no damn MLB game. :pachaha: Especially considering Uncharted 4 was a thing, and Uncharted is a franchise that's viewed very highly by a studio that's been bringing classics since the PS1 days. Not to mention, the Uncharted Collection Bundle came first. :why:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What's the point of having games or exclusives especially when 60% of them end up as apart of a backlog of shyt *we* still havent played yet.
what's the point of having games period when 60% of them end up in the backlog of shyt *we* still haven't played yet? :troll: