Engadget: Xbox's lack of compelling games won't be fixed next year

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The keyword you need to understand is variety. Everybody doesn't like the same games.

I know some guys that own PS4 and they don't play those "japanese exclusives" you're talking about. I know a PS4 fan at my job that doesn't like Persona, hates The Last of Us(literally said he'd like if they canceled part 2) and doesn't care about Uncharted or most of those other big triple AAA PS4 exclusives. Funny enough, he loves Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne, Ratchet and Clank and a few other exclusives that aren't on Xbox.

There's a variety of exclusives that cater to different tastes. On Xbox, there's hardly any. its' either Halo, Gears or Forza.

Saying more people play multiplats is not saying anything because there's literally way more 3rd party devs than there are 1st party devs so of course raw numbers would show more people play "multiplat" games which again is spread out over a wide array of genres.

Bruh the average person that doesn't game hardcore gets a ps4 because there friends have a ps4 and tell them to get a ps4, if people were really concerned about gaming and variety like that no one would by any of the systems like that outside of Nintendo since they are the only one with LEGIT 1st party ionic ip's and just get steam. Since its by far the largest variety of gaming you can get for you buck.

The people that usually buy xbox's are people that like xbox live and the community over psn and those that just want a cheaper next gen system. Or those that want the latest greatest next gen stuff. And those group of people don't miss out on Horizon, Bloodborne nor rachet and clank... All of which are games i could care less about also...

This console war stuff has been a popularity contest since super nintendo and sega genesis.

Didn't matter what system was superior it was about what was popular

And its still like that, but people want to act like its not.

Ps4 has more variety now, I'm not debating that, but it didn't prior to this year and especially not the way they were bundling off systems and games and year long live subscriptions... people didn't care about variety up until this year when it was readily available to them. Before the pro and right after the pro all talk in this forum was about framerate/ and p's. Not even 4k just 1080p/60frames at that...oh and VR lets not forget how hype people were for the pro and VR.

Now its almost exclusively talk about what exclusive games a system has. The narrative switches up to whatever's convenient.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bruh the average person that doesn't game hardcore gets a ps4 because there friends have a ps4 and tell them to get a ps4, if people were really concerned about gaming and variety like that no one would by any of the systems like that outside of Nintendo since they are the only one with LEGIT 1st party ionic ip's and just get steam. Since its by far the largest variety of gaming you can get for you buck.
:what: are you talking about? Sony IPs are varied, have been varied since the PS2 days. There's high quality exclusives from 1st and 3rd party titles that are only on Sony platforms. There's racers, shooters, action adventure, open world, platformers, create/share type games etc. You straight lying right now. Nintendo had a horrible flop of a console with the Wii U and only recently did the Switch have to come out with some exclusives. On top of that, bang for your buck? The wii u was expensive as fukk for what it could do. That shyt was not no damn bang for your buck.

The people that usually buy xbox's are people that like xbox live and the community over psn and those that just want a cheaper next gen system. Or those that want the latest greatest next gen stuff. And those group of people don't miss out on Horizon, Bloodborne nor rachet and clank... All of which are games i could care less about also...Co
You're generalizing and making it one extreme or another. There's several(you can find on here if you want) that own XB1 and bought a PS4. You don't see many PS4 owners going out to buy Xbox 1 and that's evident in the lopsided install base. Secondly, you talking about how these group of people don't miss out on some of the games you mentioned but there's several posters on here who are Xbot stans yet somehow always try to find a way to get hands on a PS4 to play an exclusive.

@MeachTheMonster be stealin his nephew's PS4 to play Bloodborne so he can say how it's not that good. We seen u :ufdup:

This console war stuff has been a popularity contest since super nintendo and sega genesis.

Didn't matter what system was superior it was about what was popular

And its still like that, but people want to act like its not.
ok?

Ps4 has more variety now, I'm not debating that, but it didn't prior to this year and especially not the way they were bundling off systems and games and year long live subscriptions... people didn't care about variety up until this year when it was readily available to them.
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you're talking about prior to 2017. you say there wasn't any variety? Lies again. Here's proof of games of several variety PRIOR to 2017.

2016 PS4 Exclusives:
Uncharted 4
Rez Infinite(PS4)
ODIN SPHERE LEIFTHRASIR
Guilty Gear Xrd
Ratchet and Clank
MLB the Show
Valkyria Chronicles Remasterd
Dragon Quest Builders(Switch wasn't out yet when it released)
The Last Guardian
Gravity Rush Remastered
Persona 5(JP)
King of Fighters XIV
Heavy Rain/Beyond 2 Souls collection
Street Fighter V
Digmon Story CyberSleuth

Bloodborne
Uncharted Collection
Tearaway unfolded
MLB the Show 15
GOW3 Remastered
Until Dawn
The Order 1886

The Last of Us Remastered
Infamous Second Son
Littlebig Planet 3
Guilty Gear Xrd Sign
Driveclub

This isn't even counting the games that's also on PC but I left some of those out.

Before the pro and right after the pro all talk in this forum was about framerate/ and p's. Not even 4k just 1080p/60frames at that...
Why would someone be talking about 4K in 2013/14? :dahell: People were talking about 1080P/60fps because that was the average TV users gamed on during those years. This nikka bringing up old shyt and be like "oh y'all wasn't talkign about 1080P/60fps when y'all was playing San Andreas! :rudy:" Like duh nikka that wasn't antiquated like that yet.
oh and VR lets not forget how hype people were for the pro and VR.
What are you talking about? You just talking but not saying anything :skip:

What about people being hype? The PSVR sold 2 million so far. The shyt is the highest selling VR headset out now. The fukk is you talking about?

Now its almost exclusively talk about what exclusive games a system has. The narrative switches up to whatever's convenient.
You just know you're lying when you say this shyt because how could pretend nobody was talking about exclusives when the biggest titles for PS4 were just being shown? So NOBODY was talking about/hyping up Driveclub? Uncharted 4? The Order? Infamous Second Son Until Dawn? The Last Guardian? SFV? Come on man, at least be honest and stop creating these false narratives. You dudes stay making up some narrative and act like y'all was quiet teh whole time. The whole time PS stans was hyping up those exclusives and what not, you dudes were beating the same drum talking about they not that hot or other spins. After that, once the X1X was announced and was said to be 4K, y'all nikkas couldn't stop talking about specs and hardware suddenly. Suddenly what was something y'all didn't care about and I got quotes by several Xbots on here if y'all want receipts, suddenly are being talked about daily by those same cats. I literally have quotes of one Xbot talking about he don't care about graphics yadda yadda and now this SAME dude talking about he can't play games if it ain't on X1X because that's the best place to play yadda yadda. You guys literally make up shyt. :deadrose:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Fatboi1 done pulled out the lists.

Y'all fukked up now :mjlol:
Dude man said there wasn't no variety prior to this year( I assume he means 2016 and back). that's false. It's not factual period no matter how you try to spin it. I know you or he will try to cherry pick games and disqualify them for arbitrary reasons.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Dude man said there wasn't no variety prior to this year( I assume he means 2016 and back). that's false. It's not factual period no matter how you try to spin it.
Just like it's not factual that Xbox has "no games" or "all shooters"

Stans say the darndest things don'tcha think?:mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just like it's not factual that Xbox has "no games" or "all shooters"

Stans say the darndest things don'tcha think?:mjlol:
Deflection.

We've said several times that "no games" means hardly any exclusives. Xbox is usually a yearly rotation of Halo, gears or Forza. Occasionally y'all get lucky and get a 3rd party exclusive(Sunset Overdrive). Trying to feign ignorance and bring up that there's literally software on Xbox is a dumb deflection and only sounds smart if you don't think.

Halo and Gears are shooters. Two of the biggest exclusives are shooters, while the other is a racer. 2 shooters out of 3 is "all shooters" breh.

:yeshrug:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:what: are you talking about? Sony IPs are varied, have been varied since the PS2 days. There's high quality exclusives from 1st and 3rd party titles that are only on Sony platforms. There's racers, shooters, action adventure, open world, platformers, create/share type games etc. You straight lying right now. Nintendo had a horrible flop of a console with the Wii U and only recently did the Switch have to come out with some exclusives. On top of that, bang for your buck? The wii u was expensive as fukk for what it could do. That shyt was not no damn bang for your buck.

You're generalizing and making it one extreme or another. There's several(you can find on here if you want) that own XB1 and bought a PS4. You don't see many PS4 owners going out to buy Xbox 1 and that's evident in the lopsided install base. Secondly, you talking about how these group of people don't miss out on some of the games you mentioned but there's several posters on here who are Xbot stans yet somehow always try to find a way to get hands on a PS4 to play an exclusive.

@MeachTheMonster be stealin his nephew's PS4 to play Bloodborne so he can say how it's not that good. We seen u :ufdup:

ok?

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you're talking about prior to 2017. you say there wasn't any variety? Lies again. Here's proof of games of several variety PRIOR to 2017.

2016 PS4 Exclusives:
Uncharted 4
Rez Infinite(PS4)
ODIN SPHERE LEIFTHRASIR
Guilty Gear Xrd
Ratchet and Clank
MLB the Show
Valkyria Chronicles Remasterd
Dragon Quest Builders(Switch wasn't out yet when it released)
The Last Guardian
Gravity Rush Remastered
Persona 5(JP)
King of Fighters XIV
Heavy Rain/Beyond 2 Souls collection
Street Fighter V
Digmon Story CyberSleuth

Bloodborne
Uncharted Collection
Tearaway unfolded
MLB the Show 15
GOW3 Remastered
Until Dawn
The Order 1886

The Last of Us Remastered
Infamous Second Son
Littlebig Planet 3
Guilty Gear Xrd Sign
Driveclub

This isn't even counting the games that's also on PC but I left some of those out.

Why would someone be talking about 4K in 2013/14? :dahell: People were talking about 1080P/60fps because that was the average TV users gamed on during those years. This nikka bringing up old shyt and be like "oh y'all wasn't talkign about 1080P/60fps when y'all was playing San Andreas! :rudy:" Like duh nikka that wasn't antiquated like that yet.

What are you talking about? You just talking but not saying anything :skip:

What about people being hype? The PSVR sold 2 million so far. The shyt is the highest selling VR headset out now. The fukk is you talking about?

You just know you're lying when you say this shyt because how could pretend nobody was talking about exclusives when the biggest titles for PS4 were just being shown? So NOBODY was talking about/hyping up Driveclub? Uncharted 4? The Order? Infamous Second Son Until Dawn? The Last Guardian? SFV? Come on man, at least be honest and stop creating these false narratives. You dudes stay making up some narrative and act like y'all was quiet teh whole time. The whole time PS stans was hyping up those exclusives and what not, you dudes were beating the same drum talking about they not that hot or other spins. After that, once the X1X was announced and was said to be 4K, y'all nikkas couldn't stop talking about specs and hardware suddenly. Suddenly what was something y'all didn't care about and I got quotes by several Xbots on here if y'all want receipts, suddenly are being talked about daily by those same cats. I literally have quotes of one Xbot talking about he don't care about graphics yadda yadda and now this SAME dude talking about he can't play games if it ain't on X1X because that's the best place to play yadda yadda. You guys literally make up shyt. :deadrose:

You gonna believe what you want, truthfully i dont care that much. I'm not about to pick apart every part everything you saying.. I own all the systems always have and I play them all. But yall dudes was in here talking about this and that game is a smooth 30 fps and 1080p over the xbox one and all kind of randomness. You don't even see ps4 stans mention specs now, its strictly about the game. Only time specs get mention is when its pc talk or xb1x talk... but act like you don't know that.

How many VR games those 2 million users playing, get ready to throw it in the trash right next to the connect in the next couple years.

I'm sure when a Xbox drops or games drops that people want ps stans will do what they always do "This is all I was waiting for all along" I never disliked the xbox or microsoft it just didn't have any games.

Sony stans are the worst, hype beast and followers not even loyal :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Deflection.

We've said several times that "no games" means hardly any exclusives. Xbox is usually a yearly rotation of Halo, gears or Forza. Occasionally y'all get lucky and get a 3rd party exclusive(Sunset Overdrive). Trying to feign ignorance and bring up that there's literally software on Xbox is a dumb deflection and only sounds smart if you don't think.

Halo and Gears are shooters. Two of the biggest exclusives are shooters, while the other is a racer. 2 shooters out of 3 is "all shooters" breh.

:yeshrug:

This is factually incorrect.

Why you stan so hard breh?

You play most on PC.

Let it go:mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You gonna believe what you want, truthfully i dont care that much. I'm not about to pick apart every part everything you saying.. I own all the systems always have and I play them all. But yall dudes was in here talking about this and that game is a smooth 30 fps and 1080p over the xbox one and all kind of randomness. You don't even see ps4 stans mention specs now, its strictly about the game. Only time specs get mention is when its pc talk or xb1x talk... but act like you don't know that.
I don't know how you manage to type all this and yet say nothing.

First off, you not about to pick apart everythign I said because truthfully you know you can't. I'm not talking opinions. It's not my opinion those games I listed came out.

How many VR games those 2 million users playing, get ready to throw it in the trash right next to the connect in the next couple years.
:what: what do you mean how many VR games those 2 million users are playing?? There's hundreds of VR games out. the fukk kind of question is that? It's been a year and it's still running strong. The Kinect was thrown to the bushes a few months after it dropped :mjlol:

I'm sure when a Xbox drops or games drops that people want ps stans will do what they always do "This is all I was waiting for all along" I never disliked the xbox or microsoft it just didn't have any games.
? If someone is telling you the reasons they wouldn't cop an xbox and suddenly xbox drops some titles that makes people get one... how is that a bad thing? You not making any sense breh I think you should take a break real quick and let's pick this convo up later.

Sony stans are the worst, hype beast and followers not even loyal :mjlol:
and all those Xbots who bought a PS4 even though they claim they find on Xbox aren't?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is factually incorrect.

Why you stan so hard breh?

You play most on PC.

Let it go:mjlol:
More deflection that has nothing to do with what I typed. Stay on topic.

"You play most on PC"
Actually, no I don't. Time wise, I've put in more hours of game time on my PS4 than my PC. I have about 200 hours on Persona 5 alone. I know I haven't put 200 hours of game time on PC since most of the games I've played where only a few hours.

Again, stay on topic. You trying to talk about something else that has nothing to do with what I said.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
More deflection that has nothing to do with what I typed. Stay on topic.

"You play most on PC"
Actually, no I don't. Time wise, I've put in more hours of game time on my PS4 than my PC. I have about 200 hours on Persona 5 alone. I know I haven't put 200 hours of game time on PC since most of the games I've played where only a few hours.

Again, stay on topic. You trying to talk about something else that has nothing to do with what I said.

So, as many of you know, I play most of my games on PC

Damn stans:mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn stans:mjlol:
So, as many of you know, I play most of my games on PC

I BUY a lot of PC games but that don't mean I've put in mad hours on them.
Of course, I'm sure you purposefully ignored that part. it's what trolls do. Ignore posts/information and not acknowledge to keep going. :cheers:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I BUY a lot of PC games but that don't mean I've put in mad hours on them.
Of course, I'm sure you purposefully ignored that part. it's what trolls do. Ignore posts/information and not acknowledge to keep going. :cheers:
nikka you the one with the double talk.

"I play most on pc"

"I put most hours into PS4"

Make up your fukking mind.:stopitslime: