Endeavor Signs Agreement That Will Form New Publicly Held Company That Will Include WWE And UFC

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
Damn. And I thought it was going to be sold to NBC/Universal.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I saw someone say will WWE get on ESPN now....

On the ESPN app once the Peacock deal ends, maybe.

For their TV rights, no. ESPN's most valuable TV asset is the NFL, and they have Monday Night Football rights, which is arguably the most valuable asset across all of TV. They aren't giving that up to do Monday Night Raw. And I can't see WWE agreeing to a deal where they get bumped off ESPN to ESPN2 Same problem will happen with Smackdown going up against the NBA. NBA is always going to eat first over Smackdown.

I agree with what you're saying, but I'm going to nitpick something you said. Sunday Night Football is more valuable than Monday Night Football. SNF has the opportunity to flex games while MNF matchups are set in stone. But starting next year, I think they're letting all networks bid on games so it might change.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Am I reading this right that Dana White would be reporting to Vince? If I'm Dana White I'd be pissed at this structure given UFC is more valuable and is seen as more legitimate. Also, with UFC being part of a publicly traded company, their books are now going to be open to more scrutiny.

I think we got Peacock for another couple years :whew:

The funniest thing is the average UFC fighter goes and gets their head bashed in for a hot dog and a handshake while the "fake" fighters make ten times as much as they do for worked matches

:mjlol:

Think they are locked in with Peacock until Mania 2026.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Am I reading this right that Dana White would be reporting to Vince? If I'm Dana White I'd be pissed at this structure given UFC is more valuable and is seen as more legitimate. Also, with UFC being part of a publicly traded company, their books are now going to be open to more scrutiny.

Think they are locked in with Peacock until Mania 2026.
Endeavor is already publicly traded

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Wonder how Vince is going to handle having a boss to report to now.
I think ever since they brought in Nick Khan for the purpose of eventually finding a buyer, he's come to terms with the fact he's old af and need to fall back.

He already got a taste of it when he had to leave for a bit just now. Dana will probably be as hand's off as possible and let the E do them and come to him for signing off on shyt. It's not like Vince/Khan/Trips are new to the entertainment business and he has to go in there and fix and teach shyt.

Creatively, Dana will not give af less and it will be business as usual with Trips and some backseat influencing from Vince.

ayatollah

WCW Mark
Daps
Reppin
The Power Plant

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I saw someone say will WWE get on ESPN now....

On the ESPN app once the Peacock deal ends, maybe.

For their TV rights, no. ESPN's most valuable TV asset is the NFL, and they have Monday Night Football rights, which is arguably the most valuable asset across all of TV. They aren't giving that up to do Monday Night Raw. And I can't see WWE agreeing to a deal where they get bumped off ESPN to ESPN2 Same problem will happen with Smackdown going up against the NBA. NBA is always going to eat first over Smackdown.

I can see USA network being extinct before 2030 without WWE. ESPN is locked in with the NFL until 2034 and ESPN 2 has to have more subs and viewers than USA at this point anyway so I don’t see the downside.