Endeavor Signs Agreement That Will Form New Publicly Held Company That Will Include WWE And UFC

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I saw someone say will WWE get on ESPN now....

On the ESPN app once the Peacock deal ends, maybe.

For their TV rights, no. ESPN's most valuable TV asset is the NFL, and they have Monday Night Football rights, which is arguably the most valuable asset across all of TV. They aren't giving that up to do Monday Night Raw. And I can't see WWE agreeing to a deal where they get bumped off ESPN to ESPN2 Same problem will happen with Smackdown going up against the NBA. NBA is always going to eat first over Smackdown.

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
I'm glad they're being sold to an American company that's in the live event and fight promotion business. Beyond that, I'm not looking forward to the current day UFC business model coming to the WWE, if that is the case. We'll see how it goes but this is the best case scenario since Vince wants to sell.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I do worry about WWE being under a parent company's budget restraints. I would be afraid of them trying to dollar general the product.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Oh like, that is needed FOR aew....got it
It's weird to wish for, hoping people lose income & stability so they can work for the wrestling company you like

Across the 2 shows + NXT, maybe things like Main Event/Level Up too, there ain't enough spot in the business for these people to find work if there were huge cuts. Companies the size of WWE ain't getting bought out everyday, there's real life changing fallout for people off mergers this size

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I do worry about WWE being under a parent company's budget restraints. I would be afraid of them trying to dollar general the product.
Not sure that is going to be a problem. WWE is printing money right now, and they keep doing more things that get them even more money. Like all this advertising stuff and getting paid to come to places to host PLEs (see the Puerto Rico show).

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Not sure that is going to be a problem. WWE is printing money right now, and they keep doing more things that get them even more money. Like all this advertising stuff and getting paid to come to places to host PLEs (see the Puerto Rico show).
Same shyt happened to UFC that's why.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
It's weird to wish for, hoping people lose income & stability so they can work for the wrestling company you like

Across the 2 shows + NXT, maybe things like Main Event/Level Up too, there ain't enough spot in the business for these people to find work if there were huge cuts. Companies the size of WWE ain't getting bought out everyday, there's real life changing fallout for people off mergers this size
It's not a wishing for it to happen, it's just more of a facing the reality of the situation thing. The behind-the-scenes people that get cut potentially have an opportunity to stay in the industry should they want to and if TK wants to bring them on board.