END OF AN ERA: 'GARY INDIANA SIGNS 40 YEAR CONTRACT WITH MaiaCo TO GENTRIFY CITY'

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I've never been to Gary, Indiana and the only thing I know about it is that the Jackson family and Freddie Gibbs are from there. Which is why I asked about the employment layout so I don't know who you talking about making excuses. If it's that close to major cities then cool

Gary not even 20 minutes from my cousins on the south side. Its about 30-35 from the loop. You can see the fukking skyline from the beach in Gary. Gary nikkas is proud AF so when you ask them where they from they gonna say GI, not Chicago metro or whatever. But where im from this shyt is basically like the same distance from Stone Mountain to downtown and we call that shyt the east side. And outside of Gary is other towns with typical suburban shyt- strip malls, subdivisions etc. It's not in the middle of nowhere. Its just on its own island cuz it was fukked up for so long. shyt is changing tho. I been going to every council, community meeting and all that even before I moved just ear hustle and learn. Univ Chicago hipsters all up in all them spots licking they chops. They know what time it is. Them Cacs ain't over here to help Breh. They just trying to get in on the ground floor before this shyt blows. I got contacts in the city planning dept and they say over the last year interest from developers done shot thru the roof

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
:yeshrug: I'm here now breh. I moved my Black ass from ATL up here just last week. Closed on my second house in GI bout 3 weeks ago. Sat in the Gary City Council meeting for damn near 3 hours last night. I'm serious bout this shyt. I ain't on here posting articles for daps and shyt. nikkas need to get off they ass and get bout some business. And I want a lame to call me a c00n. nikkas ain't out here bout this shyt like I am. fukk nikkas need to stop chirping and put they money where they mouth at. Been up on this shyt Daley and his wreck less talking ass homeboy been doing. fukk this internet shyt. Get ten toes down out here and help our people. That's all that matters

On life I almost brought a house on Bigger st about 2 years ago. A bi level . My wife talked me out of it. She begged me and everything. Prolly the worst decision I ever made. I know a few people my age who got a nice ass house in Gary for the dirt and all they doing now is stacking and living . No mortgage.

Are there jobs there? Because if there's no employment opportunities there then it does not matter if it's gentrified or not. No one is willingly moving to Gary Indiana. To do what? Doesn't matter how many neighborhoods you fix up if people can't pay for a house.

US STEEL is in Gary. Chicago is down the street. Its a lot of jobs around Gary. And you say nobody is living in Gary. Breh, there are million dollar homes in Gary. Gary sits on the same lakefront as downtown Chicago. Gary has dunes and its about to get that shyt turned to a national park. People from ALL over the WORLD go to the dunes. About 40 minutes from Gary is a light house outlet mall. Southlake mall is about 20 minutes.

Man I'm coming into a new job within a week and I get outta debt soon. If there are any decent opportunities out there, it might be worth saving some stacks and getting a small loan for the rest.
These fixer uppers or just empty homes in dying neighborhoods? For real, cause it could be some shyt to look into.

You could buy a house in Gary for 10,000. It could be nice as fukk and every other house on the street will be burned down or abandoned. Its wild as fukk. You could also get nice ass no fixer upper houses in established neighborhoods in Gary , but you going to pay more.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I've never been to Gary, Indiana and the only thing I know about it is that the Jackson family and Freddie Gibbs are from there. Which is why I asked about the employment layout so I don't know who you talking about making excuses. If it's that close to major cities then cool

All due respect fam you didn't ask. You was like " who the fukk wants to live in Gary". Miss me with that condescending bullshyt patna

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
Gary not even 20 minutes from my cousins on the south side. Its about 30-35 from the loop. You can see the fukking skyline from the beach in Gary. Gary nikkas is proud AF so when you ask them where they from they gonna say GI, not Chicago metro or whatever. But where im from this shyt is basically like the same distance from Stone Mountain to downtown and we call that shyt the east side. And outside of Gary is other towns with typical suburban shyt- strip malls, subdivisions etc. It's not in the middle of nowhere. Its just on its own island cuz it was fukked up for so long. shyt is changing tho. I been going to every council, community meeting and all that even before I moved just ear hustle and learn. Univ Chicago hipsters all up in all them spots licking they chops. They know what time it is. Them Cacs ain't over here to help Breh. They just trying to get in on the ground floor before this shyt blows. I got contacts in the city planning dept and they say over the last year interest from developers done shot thru the roof

:russ:

Hoes be staying right next to the college across the street from the fukking golf course. Gary police, state police, county police, university police:wow:

Its prolly the safest fukking part of Gary.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You could buy a house in Gary for 10,000. It could be nice as fukk and every other house on the street will be burned down or abandoned. Its wild as fukk. You could also get nice ass no fixer upper houses in established neighborhoods in Gary , but you going to pay more.
:jbhmm:Aiight, I might need to look into this shyt posthaste, especially since it is a stone's throw from Chicago. I would necessarily plan to live in Gary, but that could be a hell of a way
to start owning property, especially if the area is going to get rejuvinized and possibly pay off sooner rather than later. 10 stacks ain't hard to save.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
:russ:

Hoes be staying right next to the college across the street from the fukking golf course. Gary police, state police, county police, university police:wow:

Its prolly the safest fukking part of Gary.

Glen Park bout to blow. They dumping alot of money into that area. They already building it up. That part of Broadway actually doesn't look like a ghost town like some other parts do after the sun go down. Still gotta be careful down that way in certain areas. Was about to buy a spot on Lincoln St in that area and I ran the address by my homeboy who work for Gary PD. He was like :whoa: with the quickness. It was a nice ass house too. Fully rehabbed and all for only 42K. That shyt burst my bubble. nikka was excited for a minute. It is what it is tho. I'm not upset with I ended up with.

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
:jbhmm:Aiight, I might need to look into this shyt posthaste, especially since it is a stone's throw from Chicago. I would necessarily plan to live in Gary, but that could be a hell of a way
to start owning property, especially if the area is going to get rejuvinized and possibly pay off sooner rather than later. 10 stacks ain't hard to save.
You could live in Gary and never have a problem in your life. I be in and out of Gary all the fukking time. I got people out there. I shop work out there. Its a million Asians in Gary who ain't never seen no smoke. You don't even need to save a lot. A lot of people do rent to owns in Gary. They want like 700 for 7 years type shyt. You could get a decent spot in black oak or something slick in calumet township.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Believe me I know how gentrification works. Just Gary, Indiana doesn't seem like it would be at the top of any list to pour money into.
Any area where property is dirt cheap is a target. In fact they are the prime targets.

Happened to an area that was run down and low income where I'm at. I know someone who was offer 30k cash for his house a couple of years ago and he took it. Now his old house is worth 120k while the area totally looks different. Where there was a rundown gas station, there is now a smoothie king :deadrose:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
TBH who gives a fucc. While there are certain areas of the country where gentrification is unfortunate, theres even more areas where black people are sitting on PRIME real estate yet refuse to capitalize on it, don't even attempt to own the land there or make any real power moves. Basically you snooze you lose. Gary been a black city for like 40-50 years, nikkas been had a chance to own it. They didn't. Can't wait to see all the former gary residents turn their next suburb into a shythole.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
All due respect fam you didn't ask. You was like " who the fukk wants to live in Gary". Miss me with that condescending bullshyt patna

That's not condescending but if you want condescending I can give it to you. I asked what was Gary's selling point like say a Brooklyn or South Beach. What does Gary have that would make a person from another city want to migrate there? Once the close proximity to Chicago was explained I realized that it was a white flight capitalization, everything made sense and that was the end of my interest in this.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA

To keep it a buck I'm looking at Gary as my entry point into Chicago itself. I could be wrong but I think Chicago itself bout to blow. I see Chicago right now like how Harlem and Brooklyn in the late 70s and 80's. Them Cacs bout to start running there and buying it all up. Shows like Shamless and them NBC shows about the city making it seem cool to live there now. Add in the rap scene and it's all gonna influence these middle America yokels to want to move there which in turn will drive real estate thru the roof. Same shyt shows like friends and cats like Biggie and Jay made them Cacs from nowhereville grow up wanting to move to NY in the 90s. That's why the media going so hard on Chicago violence right now. They in cahoots with the string pullers and they trying to scare everybody away so they can buy up everything before the tide shifts. I ain't from there but my whole family is and I know just as well as y'all brehs from the city that this street shyt been going on up there forever and a day. shyt ain't nothing new. shyt even sounds slightly tamer from the days my pops and uncles came up in

King Poetic

Lock, Stock & two 22 Glocks
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black House , California
That's good

nikkas going to start crying when u had decades to take advantage of a golden opportunity but took that drug money and blew it on caddys, club scenes and bullshyt..

I'm glad my area in Inglewood here in cali are majority black owned homes

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
That's not condescending but if you want condescending I can give it to you. I asked what was Gary's selling point like say a Brooklyn or South Beach. What does Gary have that would make a person from another city want to migrate there? Once the close proximity to Chicago was explained I realized that it was a white flight capitalization, everything made sense and that was the end of my interest in this.

Still talking out your ass. Once again miss me with that fake shyt Patna. Gary wasn't created from no white flight. It was literally a planned city. US Steel built damn near the whole area so they workers at the mill could have somewhere to live. Now Merriville and Crown Point, that's white flight from Gary. But you wouldn't know none of that cuz you too busy making excuses and shytting on your own people to even go do a simple Internet search. If you not interested in then why the fukk you comment on it fukk boy? You just wanna add your two cents and look down your nose at nikkas just like a Cac