END OF AN ERA: 'GARY INDIANA SIGNS 40 YEAR CONTRACT WITH MaiaCo TO GENTRIFY CITY'

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
  • Buy the land
  • Tear down old infrastructure
  • Give monetary incentive to "new business owners" to build coffee, art, foodie shops (jobs)
  • Bring in chain stores (jobs)
  • Build new infrastructure : condos, high rate apartments
  • Offer teachers and artists discounted rent
  • Fix the once dilapidated road and highway systems into this rebuilt area
  • Bring in trendy mid size tech & manufacturing jobs which require higher education (jobs)
  • Push the small population of natives to the edge town
  • Upgrade police force

/gentrification plan

:wow:

pretty much

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
That's good

nikkas going to start crying when u had decades to take advantage of a golden opportunity but took that drug money and blew it on caddys, club scenes and bullshyt..

I'm glad my area in Inglewood here in cali are majority black owned homes
Lol, be from LA talking about black ppl getting pushed out they hoods brehs :mjlol:

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
Any area where property is dirt cheap is a target. In fact they are the prime targets.

Happened to an area that was run down and low income where I'm at. I know someone who was offer 30k cash for his house a couple of years ago and he took it. Now his old house is worth 120k while the area totally looks different. Where there was a rundown gas station, there is now a smoothie king :deadrose:

Yeah but for mass gentrification you need selling points to entice people to go there(work,white flight, night life, fulfilling your dreams, etc.) I could gentrify a city tomorrow but if there's no economy the houses will just collect dust

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
Still talking out your ass. Once again miss me with that fake shyt Patna. Gary wasn't created from no white flight. It was literally a planned city. US Steel built damn near the whole area so they workers at the mill could have somewhere to live. Now Merriville and Crown Point, that's white flight from Gary. But you wouldn't know none of that cuz you too busy making excuses and shytting on your own people to even go do a simple Internet search. If you not interested in then why the fukk you comment on it fukk boy? You just wanna add your two cents and look down your nose at nikkas just like a Cac

You're too stupid to realize that the gentrification is for white flight which means you're too stupid to hold a conversation with me. So you're right about one thing , I am looking down on you, because you are stupid

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
You're too stupid to realize that the gentrification is for white flight which means you're too stupid to hold a conversation with me. So you're right about one thing , I am looking down on you, because you are stupid

:yeshrug: Guess so. I'm a stupid nikka that owns real estate in 3 states. And that same stupid nikka who got a GED in boot camp and then dropped out of JuCo which means he didn't get that money from punching a clock and working for whitey. If that makes me stupid then I'll take that all day patna. I love my people and Ima do whatever it takes to see us reach the top because I've been in the trenches. I know the struggle. Lame nikka your girl wish you had balls and grind like I do. Don't quote me or dap my posts no more fukk nikka.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
:yeshrug: Guess so. I'm a stupid nikka that owns real estate in 3 states. And that same stupid nikka who got a GED in boot camp and then dropped out of JuCo which means he didn't get that money from punching a clock and working for whitey. If that makes me stupid then I'll take that all day patna. I love my people and Ima do whatever it takes to see us reach the top because I've been in the trenches. I know the struggle. Lame nikka your girl wish you had balls and grind like I do. Don't quote me or dap my posts no more fukk nikka.

You own real estate in three states yet don't understand what a white flight gentrification move in your own city is? :francis:

I'm betting that real estate is ocean front property in Kansas, a bridge in Brooklyn , and some land in Duckberg :mjlol:

Still looking down at you and all I see is a stupid dude who needs more people

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Believe me I know how gentrification works. Just Gary, Indiana doesn't seem like it would be at the top of any list to pour money into.

It's the perfect town since they let it get so fukked up, everything is dirt cheap, land wise, outside of the Indianapolis its probably the next most recognizable city in Indiana, lastly and most importantly Gary at one point had the largest population of African Americans in the country. Trust that they won't let that happen again and will subliminally promote it during this new "rebuild"

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
You own real estate in three states yet don't understand what a white flight gentrification move in your own city is? :francis:

I'm betting that real estate is ocean front property in Kansas, a bridge in Brooklyn , and some land in Duckberg :mjlol:

Still looking down at you and all I see is a stupid dude who needs more people

Nah. Try again. GA, NC and IN. Don't got the check for NY or Cali yet but I'll be on that level one day:ehh:

And you steady trying to flip that shyt when you didn't know what the fukk you was talking about with the origins of Gary. Good job. I'd expect nothing less from a nikka with a s/n of Ghostface Trilla. Lmao. Y'all pie ass nikkas can't even attempt at coming off as cool when you made up your screen name. Ima stop breh. You trill Patna. I don't want no drama :mjlol:

Edit- just realized you're probably a Cac. Smh. Guess I am stupid cuz it took me damn near an hour to figure that out.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
It's the perfect town since they let it get so fukked up, everything is dirt cheap, land wise, outside of the Indianapolis its probably the next most recognizable city in Indiana, lastly and most importantly Gary at one point had the largest population of African Americans in the country. Trust that they won't let that happen again and will subliminally promote it during this new "rebuild"

First Black mayor of a mid size to major city too.

If Newark bout to pop I don't see why Gary can't too. Somewhat similar situations in both cities. Both are right next door to 2 of the greatest cities in the world. Some of Corey Booker's people working for the city of Gary now too. That last alone speaks volumes to me.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
Nah. Try again. GA, NC and IN. Don't got the check for NY or Cali yet but I'll be on that level one day:ehh:

And you steady trying to flip that shyt when you didn't know what the fukk you was talking about with the origins of Gary. Good job. I'd expect nothing less from a nikka with a s/n of Ghostface Trilla. Lmao. Y'all pie ass nikkas can't even attempt at coming off as cool when you made up your screen name. Ima stop breh. You trill Patna. I don't want no drama :mjlol:

Edit- just realized you're probably a Cac. Smh. Guess I am stupid cuz it took me damn near an hour to figure that out.

You should be looking at real estate in Bolivia since I keep sonning you to there. :mjlol:

I asked a question,it got answered,then you got butthurt and emotional.

I'm not white but you are in fact stupid Jamila

Pitfalls0117

Invokana Trump
Daps
Reppin
NJ->BOS->DC
Some of Corey Booker's people working for the city of Gary now too. That last alone speaks volumes to me.
Well that's damn near a guarantee that Gary's trying to gentrify if Booker's people are there.

Give market street fifteen years, it won't look like it does now