END OF AN ERA: 'GARY INDIANA SIGNS 40 YEAR CONTRACT WITH MaiaCo TO GENTRIFY CITY'

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Well that's damn near a guarantee that Gary's trying to gentrify if Booker's people are there.

Give market street fifteen years, it won't look like it does now

Yeah they bought a few folks in his inner circle over. one of his man dudes is like director of commerce or some shyt like that in GI now. Not sure how that happened but like I said, it speaks volumes. When I found that out I was like :ohhh: shyt is moving behind the scenes.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Smh, guess splurging money on clubs and cars worth more than land :smh:

@JamilALAmin going in, and he right. We black folk never think of the future. :wow:

Folks back home was laughing at me when I told them I was leaving the A to go Gary. Even Chicago as a whole. My folks was like negro please. I don't even want to come visit. I'm pretty sure they gonna eat them words in about 20 years. Been coming up here damn near every month for like the last few years so I figured I might as well make that move anyway. I see the writing on the wall. And if I'm wrong I'm wrong. But it ain't like this shyt expensive. shyt so cheap out here I almost feel like it's the lowest risk in anything business I've ever done. But at the end of the day I could make money anywhere. I just want to help my people. My main goal is a non profit for kids and to be honest nikkas back in my city don't see the vision or they just don't need help (Think they need).

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Folks back home was laughing at me when I told them I was leaving the A to go Gary. Even Chicago as a whole. My folks was like negro please. I don't even want to come visit. I'm pretty sure they gonna eat them words in about 20 years. Been coming up here damn near every month for like the last few years so I figured I might as well make that move anyway. I see the writing on the wall. And if I'm wrong I'm wrong. But it ain't like this shyt expensive. shyt so cheap out here I almost feel like it's the lowest risk in anything business I've ever done.

Keep buying property and own these businesses. I will join you when I do enough research.

5StarElite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the ocean where the sharks be at
I was talking to some white cats I work wit at the mill and not one of them said they'd move or raise their family here even wit gentrification. :mjlol:

The only time I see white folks around here is when they're leaving IUN, mill, hospital etc .. Going home in Illinois or one of these burbs around here.

It might work but I doubt it

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
mj_blackdynamite_zpsgdwzcdp4.gif

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
That's not condescending but if you want condescending I can give it to you. I asked what was Gary's selling point like say a Brooklyn or South Beach. What does Gary have that would make a person from another city want to migrate there? Once the close proximity to Chicago was explained I realized that it was a white flight capitalization, everything made sense and that was the end of my interest in this.

Honestly it sounds more like a pump and dump to me. East New York sittin' on prime real estate and still f*cked up. But with all that said, there are so many cotdamn illegal aliens moving to the Midwest now cheap real estate is a decent play because for the right price a Mexican will rent that sh*t, warzone or not :win:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
First Black mayor of a mid size to major city too.

If Newark bout to pop I don't see why Gary can't too. Somewhat similar situations in both cities. Both are right next door to 2 of the greatest cities in the world. Some of Corey Booker's people working for the city of Gary now too. That last alone speaks volumes to me.

raw

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
Ehhhhhh I still can't imagine Gary being prime real estate.

Especially because Chicago is losing people in droves.

Anyone living in Chicago knows to move to Indiana . Indiana is like New Jersey to New York . A lot of people living in Indiana owning million dollar homes paying less taxes . There are Indiana billboards on Chicago expressways promoting a balanced budget and less taxes . Jobs leave Chicago for Indiana . Gary is prime real estate . Once you tear it down it's all $$$$. Airport , major lake front , 25 minutes from downtown Chicago .

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
I own multiple properties in gary:sas1:

unfortunately yall nikkas be sleep on shyt like that tho:francis:

Gary would've been the perfect opportunity for black folks to control a city :mjcry:but black people don't wanna make shyt happen

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Damn I just checked and I live like 15 minutes away from Gary.

I didn't realize how close it was to the city.