END OF AN ERA: 'GARY INDIANA SIGNS 40 YEAR CONTRACT WITH MaiaCo TO GENTRIFY CITY'

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
Its a wrap on them skreets:wow: That's 3 churches chickens about to be removed from my diet.

This is an introduction to the MaiaCo contract. To begin with, MaiaCo will be assuming major responsibilities for the development of large areas of Gary. In fact, think of MaiaCo as our new private corporate Mayor and Redevelopment Commission in charge of deciding and implementing Gary’s future development.

The City will reimburse MaiaCo for every penny and minute it spends (100%) and then will give MaiaCo 65% of any income from land leases or sales to third parties, whether or not MaiaCo directly arranges the transaction, if it occurs within a “Designated Project Area.” The word “profit” does not appear anywhere. The new term is “Transaction Proceeds.” The “Designated Project Areas” will be mapped out over time, although within 30 days, the GRC and MaiaCo will “prepare an annual plan outlining the key strategic priorities, assignment of responsibilities and projected delivery of Resources.” Resources means time, work, materials and money committed to the project. It will be like paying for a private shadow government.

Once an area is designated, MaiaCo will take over all lands belonging to the GRC, and will have the GRC acquire all lands available through tax sales or otherwise. MaiaCo will bundle and sell or lease areas acquired to third parties for development. MaiaCo selects and oversees the third party developers, but it is not so clear who oversees MaiaCo.

The man behind the deal:wow:
maiaco7.jpg

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Its a wrap on them skreets:wow: That's 3 churches chickens about to be removed from my diet.

The man behind the deal:wow:
maiaco7.jpg

Been telling nikkas for years to get off they ass and buy shyt in places like GI. shyt folks like my grandma been telling nikkas that shyt for over 4 decades now. The fukk nikkas been doing all these years? And now y'all give a fukk cuz whitey bout to come thru and buy up everything. Good well built houses in GI can be had for less than 20 racks. Smh. nikkas ain't got no excuses. Lot of dumb ass nikkas blow that mortgage payment in one night at the club

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Been telling nikkas for years to get off they ass and buy shyt in places like GI. shyt folks like my grandma been telling nikkas that shyt for over 4 decades now. The fukk nikkas been doing all these years? And now y'all give a fukk cuz whitey bout to come thru and buy up everything. Good well built houses in GI can be had for less than 20 racks. Smh. nikkas ain't got no excuses. Lot of dumb ass nikkas blow that mortgage payment in one night at the club
:dwillhuh:For real? If so, then I know what I need to sell my guys on getting into over the next few years.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
:dwillhuh:For real? If so, then I know what I need to sell my guys on getting into over the next few years.

:yeshrug: I'm here now breh. I moved my Black ass from ATL up here just last week. Closed on my second house in GI bout 3 weeks ago. Sat in the Gary City Council meeting for damn near 3 hours last night. I'm serious bout this shyt. I ain't on here posting articles for daps and shyt. nikkas need to get off they ass and get bout some business. And I want a lame to call me a c00n. nikkas ain't out here bout this shyt like I am. fukk nikkas need to stop chirping and put they money where they mouth at. Been up on this shyt Daley and his wreck less talking ass homeboy been doing. fukk this internet shyt. Get ten toes down out here and help our people. That's all that matters

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug: I'm here now breh. I moved my Black ass from ATL up here just last week. Closed on my second house in GI bout 3 weeks ago. Sat in the Gary City Council meeting for damn near 3 hours last night. I'm serious bout this shyt. I ain't on here posting articles for daps and shyt. nikkas need to get off they ass and get bout some business. And I want a lame to call me a c00n. nikkas ain't out here bout this shyt like I am. fukk nikkas need to stop chirping and put they money where they mouth at. Been up on this shyt Daley and his wreck less talking ass homeboy been doing. fukk this internet shyt. Get ten toes down out here and help our people. That's all that matters
Man I'm coming into a new job within a week and I get outta debt soon. If there are any decent opportunities out there, it might be worth saving some stacks and getting a small loan for the rest.
These fixer uppers or just empty homes in dying neighborhoods? For real, cause it could be some shyt to look into.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Are there jobs there? Because if there's no employment opportunities there then it does not matter if it's gentrified or not. No one is willingly moving to Gary Indiana. To do what? Doesn't matter how many neighborhoods you fix up if people can't pay for a house.

Go work in Chicago. Go work in Merriville. shyt go start a business in Gary. It's wide the fukk open Y'all acting like Gary isn't basically a Chicago suburb. All I'm seeing is excuses breh.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Man I'm coming into a new job within a week and I get outta debt soon. If there are any decent opportunities out there, it might be worth saving some stacks and getting a small loan for the rest.
These fixer uppers or just empty homes in dying neighborhoods? For real, cause it could be some shyt to look into.

They got everything. Fixed uppers in somewhat decent areas and fukked up houses on blocks with nothing but bandos. This shyt is wide open breh. I'm a lifelong hustler breh and I left ATL to come here. That should tell you something. I see the writing on the wall. And apparently Daley and his Irish Cac friends do too

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I say in 2016 in the information age we have no excuses. If our generation doesn't start aggressively building. We don't deserve to survive.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Are there jobs there? Because if there's no employment opportunities there then it does not matter if it's gentrified or not. No one is willingly moving to Gary Indiana. To do what? Doesn't matter how many neighborhoods you fix up if people can't pay for a house.

• Buy the land
  • Tear down old infrastructure
  • Give monetary incentive to "new business owners" to build coffee, art, foodie shops (jobs)
  • Bring in chain stores (jobs)
  • Build new infrastructure : condos, high rate apartments
  • Offer teachers and artists discounted rent
  • Fix the once dilapidated road and highway systems into this rebuilt area
  • Bring in trendy mid size tech & manufacturing jobs which require higher education (jobs)
  • Push the small population of natives to the edge town
  • Upgrade police force

/gentrification plan

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wasn't there a story that the chinese are buying up real estate all over Detroit?

This is likely just going to accelerate.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
Go work in Chicago. Go work in Merriville. shyt go start a business in Gary. It's wide the fukk open Y'all acting like Gary isn't basically a Chicago suburb. All I'm seeing is excuses breh.

I've never been to Gary, Indiana and the only thing I know about it is that the Jackson family and Freddie Gibbs are from there. Which is why I asked about the employment layout so I don't know who you talking about making excuses. If it's that close to major cities then cool

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They got everything. Fixed uppers in somewhat decent areas and fukked up houses on blocks with nothing but bandos. This shyt is wide open breh. I'm a lifelong hustler breh and I left ATL to come here. That should tell you something. I see the writing on the wall. And apparently Daley and his Irish Cac friends do too
Takin notes:smugfavre:

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
  • Buy the land
  • Tear down old infrastructure
  • Give monetary incentive to "new business owners" to build coffee, art, foodie shops (jobs)
  • Bring in chain stores (jobs)
  • Build new infrastructure : condos, high rate apartments
  • Offer teachers and artists discounted rent
  • Fix the once dilapidated road and highway systems into this rebuilt area
  • Bring in trendy mid size tech & manufacturing jobs which require higher education (jobs)
  • Push the small population of natives to the edge town
  • Upgrade police force
/gentrification plan

Believe me I know how gentrification works. Just Gary, Indiana doesn't seem like it would be at the top of any list to pour money into.