™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Had a guy last week call crying saying he wanted to quit because he felt overwhelmed. I asked him "Why don't you just do what you can?"

It's like a light bulb went off in his head.

The concept of just trying and leaving the rest for another day never even crossed his mind.

:dead:

Managing people is the worst. I had the leave early today. The amount of stupidity was too much.

2 one 3

wavy
Daps
Reppin
Westside
Had a guy last week call crying saying he wanted to quit because he felt overwhelmed. I asked him "Why don't you just do what you can?"

It's like a light bulb went off in his head.

The concept of just trying and leaving the rest for another day never even crossed his mind.

:dead:

Managing people is the worst. I had the leave early today. The amount of stupidity was too much.

I HATE being a manager

I gotta issue a write up now actually

:childplease::comeon:

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I HATE being a manager

I gotta issue a write up now actually

:childplease::comeon:
Breh I literally had to send someone home today because he racked up multiple violations on someone else's account and then reprimand a manager because he gave out my phone number. I was so close to cussing that man out. I have had to change my number twice because some of these guy are weirdos and this dumb ass goes around handing out my number to random men.

And there were 2 other stupid things people did that literally were so basic I couldn't do it anymore.

Being a manager is being a babysitter for adults.

2 one 3

wavy
Daps
Reppin
Westside
Breh I literally had to send someone home today because he racked up multiple violations on someone else's account and then reprimand a manager because he gave out my phone number. I was so close to cussing that man out. I have had to change my number twice because some of these guy are weirdos and this dumb ass goes around handing out my number to random men.

And there were 2 other stupid things people did that literally were so basic I couldn't do it anymore.

Being a manager is being a babysitter for adults.

You said it. Literally baby sitting grown adults

The chick I just wrote up had an attitude. I’m like my niiggaa, you’ve had like 30 call outs this YEAR… :wtf: :what:

These people are anywhere from 30- early 60s just behaving like kids.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

when you go to an interview you are essentially marketing yourself, like you would a brand, if your marketing isn't working you should think up a better way to do it, not double down just because you like it.

Budweiser learned this simple marketing lesson with the trans actor in the commercials backlash. They probably won't ever do that again.
not because they no longer fukk with trans people, but because they received ample evidence that the marketing approach didn't work.

she just received the same lesson but doesn't appear to have learned anything from it.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Gen wars are hilarious lol. Just live your life and stop worrying about generation shyt. As a gen x guy with some skin in the game, I now have gen z workers who work in smaller news markets reaching out to me for advice on how to get to bigger news markets now. There are some gen z workers who get it… just like there were some millennials who were super determined. Yes some gen z workers be on that bullshyt but that’s to be expected with every generation. Social media is what elevated the crazy shyt like the girl wearing shorts to an interview :snoop: You can go to the real world and find gen z workers who are grinding and hustling to make it out here. People be too worried about generations.. you can’t do shyt about that, work on yourself.

Daps
Just realized I've never worked with anyone in Gen Z. The youngest people I've worked with were born around 1993, 1994 etc....while Gen Z starts in '97.

Can't speak on their work habits.

Millenials tend to be of one mind at the places I've worked. You'll have some outliers but mostly everyone gets along. Gen X (folks born in the mid 60s to mid 1970s) tends to be the bulk of management.

When I started working, the managers were overwhelmingly Boomers. I'd say Gen X managers are more chill but also more "hands on" while Boomers are more into delegating. Xers have a player/coach mentality where they will jump into the action if needed. Boomer managers were usually too far removed from the day to day work. Most of them became managers much earlier in their careers....like I worked with Boomer managers that had been in that spot since their late 20s. Gen X managers for me....always had a LOT more experience "doing the job" before becoming mgmt.