Empire Strikes Back and Revenge Of The Sith are the top 2 Star Wars film and it aint even close

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
There is no "Revenge of the Sith" or "Empire Strikes Back" without:

600full-star-wars%3A-episode-iv----a-new-hope-poster.jpg

This movie CHANGED how we watch movies. It's influence on the industry and filmmakers is unmatched. It broke EVERY box office record on the books. It reinvented the Summer Blockbuster after "Jaws" changed the game 2 years before. Oh yeah it was nominated for 10 Academy Awards winning 7. George Lucas lost best original screenplay and Best Director (To Woody Allen) and Alec Guinness lost best supporting actor. Love "Sith" and I really love "Empire" but the 1st film is the most Iconic of the Franchise period. It's the template for everything after it.

Last edited:

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I may get flack for this, but i will go to my grave saying The Phantom Meanace is the best of the prequels. Its actually shot on film, which is a plus if your a movie geek. The use of practical set and effect create a more lived in atmosphere. The way the story is built is quite brillant. I'm not saying its a great or even good film, but it actually holds up over all. The other two prequel movie relied way to much on CGI and poor story structure.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I may get flack for this, but i will go to my grave saying The Phantom Meanace is the best of the prequels. Its actually shot on film, which is a plus if your a movie geek. The use of practical set and effect create a more lived in atmosphere. The way the story is built is quite brillant. I'm not saying its a great or even good film, but it actually holds up over all. The other two prequel movie relied way to much on CGI and poor story structure.
:rudy:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City

"Phantom Menace" feels more like "The Original Trilogy" than "Clones" or "Sith" did for sure. But "Sith" was the best of the prequels by default cause it was the Prequel to "A New Hope" and Vader was introduced.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
"Phantom Menace" feels more like "The Original Trilogy" than "Clones" or "Sith" did for sure. But "Sith" was the best of the prequels by default cause it was the Prequel to "A New Hope" and Vader was introduced.
it was the only one the entirely tied into the storyline from the original trilogy.
they didn't mention anything about naboo or podracing in the originals.
you could skip phantom and clones and not have any unanswered questions.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
it was the only one the entirely tied into the storyline from the original trilogy.
they didn't mention anything about naboo or podracing in the originals.
you could skip phantom and clones and not have any unanswered questions.

I don't agree with that. You need "Menace" for Vader's origins, if you skip to Vader being a Teen it wouldn't give you where he truly came from. You need "Clones" to understand how the Empire layed the seeds to take over. I think the point people missed with "Menace" was Lucas was trying to show that Vader was in fact innocent but even someone from innocence can take the wrong path. Honestly out of the all the Prequels, "Menace" was the one that gave me the most excitement cause it was the 1st "Star Wars" sequel in 16 years. That feeling I had before the movie started was a very memorable moment for me. When I saw this poster in the mall, I almost lost it and copped it immediately. Sure the movie had flaws but it was crazy how it was the 1st movie in 16 years. That's a long time to wait for another Star Wars chapter:

starwarsshadow.jpg

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I don't agree with that. You need "Menace" for Vader's origins, if you skip to Vader being a Teen it wouldn't give you where he truly came from. You need "Clones" to understand how the Empire layed the seeds to take over. I think the point people missed with "Menace" was Lucas was trying to show that Vader was in fact innocent but even someone from innocence can take the wrong path. Honestly out of the all the Prequels, "Menace" was the one that gave me the most excitement cause it was the 1st "Star Wars" sequel in 16 years. That feeling I had before the movie started was a very memorable moment for me. When I saw this poster in the mall, I almost lost it and copped it immediately. Sure the movie had flaws but it was crazy how it was the 1st movie in 16 years. That's a long time to wait for another Star Wars chapter:

starwarsshadow.jpg
his origins weren't part of the original storyline. Everything Obi Wan talked about in A new Hope happened in the Revenge of the Sith. Showing Vader as Kid makes as much since as showing the yoda as kid. they might be interesting tidbit for people like you. but they don't factor into the plot of the original trilogy. it was essentially a spin off movie about vader's origin.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
:whew: im glad i was never a Star Wars stan cause i can just watch em all & enjoy the parts i like, which was mostly Vader related, without botherin tryin to compare em.... i thought Clones & Sith were both good entries... id love to see a recreation of the final Obi-Wan & Vader fight....

only one to disappoint me was Phantom Menace... i didnt give a fukk about a new Star Wars movie but i was real hype about Darth Maul, we know how that went....