Emma Stone Reveals Why She Turned Down ‘Ghostbusters’ Reboot

Mad Good Dro

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It seems that everyone had Emma Stone in their dream cast for an all-female “Ghostbusters” reboot — except Emma Stone.

Fans and even original Ghostbuster Bill Murray suggested his “Zombieland” co-star for the role, but in a new interview with the Wall Street Journal, the 26-year-old actress made a fan-saddening reveal about turning down a role in the upcoming “Ghostbusters,” despite interest from Sony, the studio behind the reboot.

“The script was really funny,” she told WSJ. “It just didn’t feel like the right time for me. A franchise is a big commitment — it’s a whole thing. I think maybe I need a minute before I dive back into that water.”

The conversation with Stone also touched on her upcoming Woody Allen film “Irrational,” the Sony hack and, of course, her relationship status with her on-screen “The Amazing Spider-Man” beau, Andrew Garfield.

“Ghostbusters,” does, however, still have an all-star cast, with Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones playing the spirit-hunting group. Chris Hemsworth has also been cast as the receptionist. Paul Feig directs the film, which will hit theaters July 22, 2016.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/emma-stone-ghostbusters-reboot-1201522593/

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Yeah, she's going to regret not taking this.

LOL@ Chris Hemsworth being the receptionist.

Out of all the reboots being made, I wanted Ghostbusters to be done the most. Don't know if I like the all female twist. Guess I need to be careful what I wish for.