Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
My fake journalistic review
It feels like Eminem was aiming to recreate the magic of 'The Slim Shady LP' with this latest release, but ultimately shifted gears, renaming the project and perhaps symbolically ending an era. From a creative perspective, this is his best work since before 'Relapse,' which, let's be honest, didn't quite hit the mark despite recent reappraisals. He's definitely tapped back into his creative vein; it would be a shame if this turns out to be his swan song because it truly reflects what an Eminem album should be at this stage in his career.

While some of the content no longer shocks and some early tracks felt a tad immature for Em, he really hits his stride from tracks 5 to 14, which stand out as the album's highlight. That said, I'm still not a fan of his picks for vocal collaborations on the more introspective songs—it feels like he's yet to find the right fit for those melodic hooks which have consistently been the weaker links in his albums.

On another note, his personal lyrics about past relationships and the closing apology to his daughter do paint a picture of someone who is lets be honest not a good parent or husband, this guy should have gotten it together by now, I'm just saying

Overall, I'd rate this album a solid 4 out of 5, especially when stacked against today's music standards. Eminem has delivered a substantial project that showcases his enduring talent in the rap game.

mundL

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I expected a true “Slim Shady” sound, some better features and producers this feels light.
This is what he shouldve done when relapse got a bad reception and the label forced him to change his sound

But the apoĺogy is too late now imo

desp

SO MUCH FUN
Daps
😂😂😆😭😆😂😆😭

Eminem is an all-time great rapper imho…but the forced ass wordplay still being so cringe after all these years of him trying to get in that bag is discouraging, lol. Just rap bruh, stop punching and trying to do extra shhit, he watches too much battle rap, 😆🤦🏽‍♂️
He had terrible bars all over this smh

The one bar I remember liking was the Meg the Stallion bar. Something about having a chance to do a song with Meg, "do I still have a shot at her feat/feet" :russ: That was funny

Edit: Also he said something about Amber Heard at a Mattress Firm and I'll give him points for that rhyme :pachaha:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
On another note, his personal lyrics about past relationships and the closing apology to his daughter do paint a picture of someone who is lets be honest not a good parent or husband, this guy should have gotten it together by now, I'm just saying
It sounded like he was rapping from the perspective of himself if he didn't stop doing drugs. He was apologizing for missing events he was present for, we just seen pictures of him at Hailey's wedding.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
It sounded like he was rapping from the perspective of himself if he didn't stop doing drugs. He was apologizing for missing events he was present for, we just seen pictures of him at Hailey's wedding.
yeah. I think he did a similar ending track on revival too

I think he overall is probably one of the better celeb dads out there...he raising kids that aren't even his.

mundL

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did a Personal top50 em verses list for the lulz the other day, its crazy how much heat hes produced over the years

2nd verse wake up Show freestyle
No Apologies 1st verse
Stay Wide Awake 2nd verse
The way i am 1st verse
Microphone freestyle westwood
Best friend feat
Medicine man feat
Patiently waiting verse
Renegade verse
Till i collapse3rd verse
3am 1st verse
Fight music verse
Devils night verse
Words are weapons verse
Dads gone crazy last verse
Rock bottom any verse
Still dont give a fukk
Just dont give a fukk 1st verse
Welcome to hell verse
Stir crazy
Stimulate any verse
Sing for the moment any verse
Bad guy last verse
Groundhog day 2nd verse
Underground any verse
Shady 2.0 bet cypher verse
Fuel verse
Renaissance
Yah yah verse
As the World turns any verse
Role Model any verse
If i had 1st verse
Dead wrong verse
Amityville last verse
Criminal last verse
Marshall mathers 1st verse
Im back 1st verse
Kill you 1st verse
Go to sleep verse
Can i bytch last verse
Love me verse
Rabbit run
Not alike verse
Any man
Forgot about dre verse
We as americans 1st verse
Biterphobia
Scary Movie
All i think about 2nd verse
Chloraseptic remix

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Did not realize Premier produced the Kyrie and Luka song. Kind of a shame he does that and it gets relegated to a bonus song on a download version.

Eminem rapping over a Premier beat for the first time, and over a beat that samples "Move the Crowd" is an amazing idea. So, let's have Eminem not rap over the beat at all, do his beat switch midway through, and waste his verse with a bunch of hibbity flibbity nonsense.

What I'm saying is, the song is right where it should be.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
All of a sudden we give a shyt about metacritic on here because it's fukking Eminem of all people lol nobody really cares what the nerd blogs say about anything
How about this one, they were pretty spot on don't you think :lolbron:

IMG-0882.jpg

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
How about this one, they were pretty spot on don't you think :lolbron:

IMG-0882.jpg
I’m not saying you have to be the biggest em fan of that this album is a classic but these reviews are overly harsh. They are trying to get clickbait and to be apart of the crowd that wants every old rapper to go away. There is no way the writer of that and those other articles ever like Eminem.