Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
So is there an actual review of this album in this thread.

Or like usual.
I have to provide the only album review frfr.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
This is a simple review.

EMINEM

THE DEATH OF SLIM SHADY
found on:
Youtube user : EminemMusic

Eminem at this point.
Has reached a mode of longevity. That only most misappropriated blues. or white rock groups in general critique get to.
can really only be rated against eminem or himself.
At this point moving forward.

With that said.
You get the evolution of every concept or era of eminem. All stacked together on one lp. This late in his career. That could actually be a rarity in rap. Where a long time rap artist. Has released a definitive gateway album. This late in their career. That you can point to as a culmination of points artistically. To point to.
as being definitive in explaining or pointing to s showcase of their full artistry.

Where this release.
gives any early eminem fan.
from the early days of the ssep.
Waiting patiently for.
The sslp.
While having their need satiated.
With a treat to the sslp album sampler.
That featured one of the original eminem followups:

Still don't give a fukk.
Leading to a large number of those early fans.

Who wanted an album full of :
I still don't give a fukk

Featured on the original sslp sampler.
That most could say they may have never gotten in full. Or point to as wanting more of. While not ever feeling fully fullfilled. Since possibly getting said sslp sampler.

Well welcome to 2024.

Where eminem has successfully delivered an album artistically. That never dies down from the level of skill featured on still don't give a fukk for a whole lp.
While also giving the listener moments of hilarious scathing rhymes.
From a real culturally relevent and skilled horror core emcee.
All in a sonic relevent current long player package.
in the year 2024.

With that said.

This album just plain delivers.

Nuffin but well executed three syllable rhyme artistry. In eminem's white boi offkey selling diamond plus skill rubrick. That at this point.
It can only really be judged against himself. Where eminem skill is masterful. For an entire release in a genre. Where eminem is masterfully. able to weave around the actual death of slim shady. While actually still being more cerebrally savy at being slim shady.
Rather than succumbing to killing slim shady. In favor of some unwanted pc neutering of time change. To a real world character as Marshall Mathers.

Incredible incredible work in a medium and horrorcore genre.

where eminem can only be judged.
against his schizo self by himself.

Highly recommended.

Classic classic outing and one of those very few white artist. Who happen to make a definitive gateway work. Late into their career.
That can and should act.
as a natural latchkey gateway marker point.
for any listener in music history to grasp. When looking to understand or find out what a veteran artist is.
Decades after what some would say was their culmination artistically on a long player.

Only record I can compare it to.
No rapper I can think of has ever done. Where the only comparable work in genre to compare it to. Would be a tool frontman, Maynard.
Side project excursion on a perfect circle's releases.
expertly creating a contemporary rock gateway. to tool's Avant garde greatest rock album in history perfection of lateralus.
on a perfect circles classic third album emotive.

Classic rating.

That if the world was not so digital.
This album in rhe future would be found in thrift and second hand stores by listeners in rhe future. As a perfect gateway and sonic excursion Into the horror core world artistry of eminem.

Overly recommended.

Especially if you want and need a light hearted lol movie horrorcore comedy style lol moment. To cheer up a dark dismal day Into a small ray of gloomy Detroit 8 mile sunshine.

RATING : @@@@@

CLASSIC LONG PLAYER

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Flow and tone wise that's the best Em has sounded in over a decade. He's not forcing too many words or syllables into bars and sounded off beat. But the song is still trash.

The Meg bar was fine but the R Kelly/Black Guy Peas lmao come on fam. You're almost 50 years old bro relax.

Did you listen to the album my guy @Piff Perkins

Art Barr

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This album is alright but it's about a 3/5 experience. Eminem is kinda like Kanye West. He's been so successful he can't capture what made him a success anymore. Accepted a long time ago that Marshall Mathers LP Eminem is gone and that's him at his peak. The guy that made a song like Kim or Stan is over with. He's been running of fumes for decades now. Lyrically he's still a great but in terms or artistry he's not so hot. Every now and then he shows a flash but he can't even really take pot shots at celebrities with the same venom anymore.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Haven’t listened to the album but Eminem’s greatest sin was changing up his monotonous flow. I know that some tracks call for you to switch up but not like this. There’s a reason why Nas, Jay haven’t switched their shyt up much since they first came on the scene. Guru never switched shyt up and always talked bout not falling into doing gimmicky shyt.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Money pile like Tony Starks, that's how much I-earn-man"

Yeah that was it for me, I'm checking out :francis:
😂😂😆😭😆😂😆😭

Eminem is an all-time great rapper imho…but the forced ass wordplay still being so cringe after all these years of him trying to get in that bag is discouraging, lol. Just rap bruh, stop punching and trying to do extra shhit, he watches too much battle rap, 😆🤦🏽‍♂️