Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
No one else gets this kinda love from The Coli

Like how do you drop nothing but garbage for over a decade and people are still checking for you

Dude has far more trash music in his catalog than listenable music at this point

I couldn’t have said it any better

shyt, it’s been longer than a decade

It’s been 22 years and cats still be anticipating new music from him on here

That’s bat shyt crazy to me

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Dre production is a step in the right direction and a concept album is something different...shyt will still be trash but at least there's that :ld:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Chill, Kanye West and Drake dropped straight TRASH recently and they get multiplatinum threads, stickies, think pieces and everything. Nobody glazes Em like that on here but we check for it cause he is one of the last active mainstream lyricists from a bygone era (Nas, Jay are two thats still left in his weightclass) and he could REALLY rap well still when hes not doing that rappity rap shyt. See Killshot for example

Kill Shot is supposed to be a good example?

It's full of corny punch lines and that choppy flow that he's been using since Recovery.

Em has lost his ear for music ever since he went sober and he's reinforced that with every project since.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
His actual last EP should be called Finite.

Should still drop tracks here and there but that’s how I would end.
He should go with King Mathers for:

• fukkery and salt, above all else
  • Prove he's better than these pillow fighter rappers battling it out
  • Cement his legacy with the album people said he couldnt make

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Legacy is the most Ronnie the rhyme king autistic shyt I ever heard in my life lol, he’s a savant in that sense but it also distracts from him making more palatable music.

That balance he had back then had a lot to do with the Bass brothers being able to guide his rhyming ability down emotional and melodic paths.

Once he just started working with random “hot” producers he had no musical direction.

The best thing for him now to ensure quality is for someone he trusts that has musicality to EP him a project. Dre is on Neptune, I’d love to see Kendrick or Tyler produce for him, shyt even Royce given what I just saw do with Grath.

He wasn't even the first to make a song like that. De La Soul made "Oodles of O's" and it wouldn't surprise me if Eminem was influenced by that song without knowing it.

He obviously learned a lot from Dre, but he also started to overthink (which is what Dre does) and that messed with his musicality. Relapse was the last album where it felt like he wasn't thinking about it so much, at least until Kamikaze. He's at his best when he doesn't try to figure out a million things at once.

If he's announcing the album ahead of time, he definitely feels confident about the quality. It could be a concept album, but even if it is, he'll most likely have a song or two about a dysfunctional relationship and some Skylar Grey beats on there. :russ: