Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Honkey been washed for 22 years and cats be still checking for his shyt like it’s 2002

The hype around him after all these years it’s something I will never understand

No one else gets this kinda love from The Coli

Like how do you drop nothing but garbage for over a decade and people are still checking for you

Dude has far more trash music in his catalog than listenable music at this point

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Em is autistic, rhyming is his special interest. lol
I think I remember him saying he listens to some of his old stuff from time to time and he immediately thinks of adding a few more words here and there and gets frustrated that he didn't lol the thing is though he had the perfect balance back then. Not too wordy but the bars were still there, and those were still great songs.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Em is autistic, rhyming is his special interest. lol

Lololol coming from you this is hilarious but hes not autistic autistic, dude is too funny and coherent in interviews. I do believe he has social anxiety almost as bad as Andre 3000 though, and that he fried his brain with ecstasy and valium for a couple years and is Just now getting back to be "normal"

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
This is hilarious hahaha

It is but also true lol

He talks about having, Asperger’s, OCD, having addictive behavior from pills, alcohol to running or rhyming.

Lololol coming from you this is hilarious but hes not autistic autistic, dude is too funny and coherent in interviews. I do believe he has social anxiety almost as bad as Andre 3000 though, and that he fried his brain with ecstasy and valium for a couple years and is Just now getting back to be "normal"

I disagree, Em is def neurodivergent. You could tell even before he spelled it out.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
No one else gets this kinda love from The Coli

Like how do you drop nothing but garbage for over a decade and people are still checking for you

Dude has far more trash music in his catalog than listenable music at this point

Chill, Kanye West and Drake dropped straight TRASH recently and they get multiplatinum threads, stickies, think pieces and everything. Nobody glazes Em like that on here but we check for it cause he is one of the last active mainstream lyricists from a bygone era (Nas, Jay are two thats still left in his weightclass) and he could REALLY rap well still when hes not doing that rappity rap shyt. See Killshot for example

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I think I remember him saying he listens to some of his old stuff from time to time and he immediately thinks of adding a few more words here and there and gets frustrated that he didn't lol the thing is though he had the perfect balance back then. Not too wordy but the bars were still there, and those were still great songs.

Legacy is the most Ronnie the rhyme king autistic shyt I ever heard in my life lol, he’s a savant in that sense but it also distracts from him making more palatable music.

That balance he had back then had a lot to do with the Bass brothers being able to guide his rhyming ability down emotional and melodic paths.

Once he just started working with random “hot” producers he had no musical direction.

The best thing for him now to ensure quality is for someone he trusts that has musicality to EP him a project. Dre is on Neptune, I’d love to see Kendrick or Tyler produce for him, shyt even Royce given what I just saw do with Grath.