Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady Official Thread

CP3.

Mr Solo Dolo
Daps
Picture spending your summer listening to the latest Eminem turd with your top down in the whip :unimpressed:

I mean, I'll be the first to admit that Em ain't been good since like fukking 2003 or something but idk why y'all always critique music based on dumb shyt like how well received it'd be in your car or how much bytches can shake their ass to it.

You think Kind of Blue by Miles Davis would be hitting like that with the top down in the whip? Or in the club? Hell naw. But it's still a masterpiece. Judge the music ON THE MUSIC.

Having said all that, I already know the music gonna be trash :hubie:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yeah I agree. When he tries to do serious songs he gets too maudlin. shyt like Rock Bottom and the 8 Mile soundtrack songs worked because they were coming from a real place. But most of his "serious" songs after that sounded forced and self-serious. But most people ain't trying to hear him rap about raping and killing female pop stars anymore either lol. He's been in between a rock and a hard place subject matter wise for a long time. The title of the album does kinda intrigue me, if he can make an interesting concept out of it and examine the character he created in a new way, but I still have pretty lowered expectations.
Yall cats are seriously downplaying Em's storytelling skills, one of the best to do it. The track 'Darkness' for example has nothing to do with the subject matter you all speak of. As far as recent work something like that shows maturity and being able to flip current events lyrically.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Honkey been washed for 22 years and cats be still checking for his shyt like it’s 2002

The hype around him after all these years it’s something I will never understand

No one else gets this kinda love from The Coli

Like how do you drop nothing but garbage for over a decade and people are still checking for you

Dude has far more trash music in his catalog than listenable music at this point

Till ypu up reviews in real time of these eminem albums on opening day for the past 22 years

How are we supposed to believe your review.

Make it make sense.

As I have never read amy review from both of you on any album here. Plus if you did review an album anywhere.
It was not good enough to make anyone here know who you are as a critic.

As I know you two just cap.

Plus you probably one of those eight mile lie ass nikkaz too.
Who sheltered sneak cap'n from the crib.

So up these reviews.

Art Barr

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, I'll be the first to admit that Em ain't been good since like fukking 2003 or something but idk why y'all always critique music based on dumb shyt like how well received it'd be in your car or how much bytches can shake their ass to it.

You think Kind of Blue by Miles Davis would be hitting like that with the top down in the whip? Or in the club? Hell naw. But it's still a masterpiece. Judge the music ON THE MUSIC.

Listening to "hot" music doesnt get you puzzy, yea you don't want to play lyrical rappity rap in certain social situations but listening to the hottest rappers only will not get you puzzy or money, at all.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps

You typed all of this just to agree that the music will be trash. Go see a doctor :dead:

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
I always thought a rap persona was important for most rappers. The Slim Shady persona allowed Eminem to make his best music. Its smart for him to revisit it.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Yall cats are seriously downplaying Em's storytelling skills, one of the best to do it. The track 'Darkness' for example has nothing to do with the subject matter you all speak of. As far as recent work something like that shows maturity and being able to flip current events lyrically.

That's one cool. Still a little maudlin but it's straight. There's a couple other recent songs I like. I fukk with Gnat. But he can do it for a whole album? That's the question. Probably not but here's to hoping.

More than anything I just want him to get off whining about people criticizing his recent shyt. That and the corny eyerolling punchlines. That's been like his last three or four albums. If he can find a good concept with this one and focus on song structure instead of just rhyming to rhyme maybe he can reach a listenable album. Dre production and the album title is a step in the right direciton.