Eminem - Revival Tracklist.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Em needs his hip hop pass revoked just off this tracklist :snoop:

Then you'd have to revoke the "hip hop pass" of all of your favortie GOATS, because even guys like Game and Jada worked with pop acts...or are we gonna act like Bad Boy wasn't rockin with Mariah and Faith Evans on the regular.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Then you'd have to revoke the "hip hop pass" of all of your favortie GOATS, because even guys like Game and Jada worked with pop acts...or are we gonna act like Bad Boy wasn't rockin with Mariah and Faith Evans on the regular.

Game, Jada haven't made music with Skylar Grey, Pink or Ed Sheeran though. Mariah Carey & Faith Evans are R&B acts, at least their music has soul in it. can't say the same for these souless wretched pop singers who cater to the one demographic which are pure mainstream fans who love the generic cookie cutter shyt you would usually hear on KTU, Z-100 or any other pop station on radio.

Wisdomkeyz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Wisdom
:mjcry:this is me laughing at you cats who actually thought this shyt was gonna be fire nikka EM BEEN!!!! FELL OFF BREH :mjlol: THIS AINT 2002 NO MORE Eminem always been overrated in fact the only reason he was as big as he was in hip hop was because he was the first cac to actually be able to rap decently unlike other previous whyte rappers believe me the only nikkaz who are gonna cop this shyt is them nikkaz who swear Eminem be music directly for them without even knowing because of how much they "relate" to him :mjgrin:

Last edited:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Wont even listen to it just based on this. Album sales will be good for him though, that pop music:whew:

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
IMO Eminem's worst offense is that he claims to be such a hip-hop head.

And deep down I really think he is. I mean, the people he thanked when he won a Grammy for TES says a lot.

Dope list. But it's like...Em will talk about wanting to do a joint with DJ Premier, and then never do it. Or he'll talk about wanting to do 6 really hard joints with Just Blaze for Recovery...and 5 of them get axed. Or he'll say he wants to get in the studio with Alchemist...but it doesn't happen.

Em talked about this legendary joint he did with Preem called Keys To The City...and never released it.

Like, man, don't even talk about it. If you aren't gonna actually make the hip-hop shyt, stop saying that you are.

I remember when this came out, and I KNEW that Em would either just be scratched on the hook, or he'd be on the intro or something. And I was almost right

And I sort of think it's the label maybe? Or maybe Em is scared to do it? I don't know but I just get the feeling he isn't making the kind of music he wants to make.

All of this!

I'm starting to feel like he's a fukking liar.

I don't understand how him and Redman will always show love for each other in their interviews on some bromance shyt, but yet they haven't done a second record together after all these years. Or never doing a full rap record with Nas (the cross don't count) or LL yet he was heavily influenced by them. It's like a kid who's been wanting to go to six flags all year, then you finally take him and he only gets on one ride and wants to go home.

Same with Dr. Dre. For years you always hear about Dre's always in the studio. Em's always in the studio. They're lab rats. They in the studio all day. And for years you keep hearing this about them, yet the music doesn't match up at all. They hardly drop any music and when they finally do, it's average or trash. I'm starting to feel like ever since 2003 when 50 dropped grodt then dropped the massacre in 05, Em and Dre were eating so much off 50 that they didn't feel the need to continue dropping dope shyt. And that's when this era of subpar music from that camp started

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
All of this!

I'm starting to feel like he's a fukking liar.

I don't understand how him and Redman will always show love for each other in their interviews on some bromance shyt, but yet they haven't done a second record together after all these years. Or never doing a full rap record with Nas (the cross don't count) or LL yet he was heavily influenced by them. It's like a kid who's been wanting to go to six flags all year, then you finally take him and he only gets on one ride and wants to go home.

Same with Dr. Dre. For years you always hear about Dre's always in the studio. Em's always in the studio. They're lab rats. They in the studio all day. And for years you keep hearing this about them, yet the music doesn't match up at all. They hardly drop any music and when they finally do, it's average or trash. I'm starting to feel like ever since 2003 when 50 dropped grodt then dropped the massacre in 05, Em and Dre were eating so much off 50 that they didn't feel the need to continue dropping dope shyt. And that's when this era of subpar music from that camp started
I think they say that to placate rap fans and ensure Em still has credibility. Other rappers are too scared of the repercussions of calling him out

But when it comes time to market and sell the album, he panders to Top 40 non-rap audiences and middle America

The way they see it, this way they can have both. But take away the Top 40 pop hooks and pop-rock production, and they lose the middle America audience that only listens to Em, Tech N9ne, Hopsin, Yela etc. The appeal with Em in those audiences is that he doesn't make typically Urban (ie. Black) sounding music, he is a direct contrast to that, and that audience appreciates that sadly...

I also don't think Em is being held at gunpoint and forced to make these records anymore. He is 45+ years old. Maybe he wouldnt get pop stars to sing the hooks, but he would be making the same kinds of records with Skylar and Alex the Kid of his own volition

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I think they say that to placate rap fans and ensure Em still has credibility. Other rappers are too scared of the repercussions of calling him out

But when it comes time to market and sell the album, he panders to Top 40 non-rap audiences and middle America

The way they see it, this way they can have both. But take away the Top 40 pop hooks and pop-rock production, and they lose the middle America audience that only listens to Em, Tech N9ne, Hopsin, Yela etc. The appeal with Em in those audiences is that he doesn't make typically Urban (ie. Black) sounding music, he is a direct contrast to that, and that audience appreciates that sadly...

I also don't think Em is being held at gunpoint and forced to make these records anymore. He is 45+ years old. Maybe he wouldnt get pop stars to sing the hooks, but he would be making the same kinds of records with Skylar and Alex the Kid of his own volition

Em tried to sign Redman and Pharoah Monch to Shady probably some time during the hiatus. And that wasn't because they were going to sell but because they were legends, similar to what 50 ended up doing for Mobb Deep.

Same thing that happened to SH would have happened to them...if it's going to be tied to the brand of Eminem, it's going to have to have some kind of appeal to the demographic that made Eminem the bread winner. Obie got lucky with his first album, 2nd album they didn't see a big enough of a return...

:camby:

That's why there's a SH album that may not see the light of day for the people that actually want it. It's why Paul going to Def Jam and doing some sort of 'Shady/Def Jam' type deal with Griselda is the only way this works out well for them.

So no...he ain't being held by gun point but don't think him being super A-list and vital to their whole operation gives him MORE leeway to do the kind of shyt that the Hip Hop crowd wants, it has never worked like that for Em, from jump. He tried to drop "The way I am" as a first single and got told they weren't going to press the album up til he came back with another "My name is".