Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
EM is good friends with one of the most underrated producers ( Mr Porter) and he still manages to make complete cah kah music ..... :camby:
I remember Porter did like one beat on Recovery and it was damn near the best joint (if not the best) on there. He's got access to so much fire, and doesn't use it. I don't get it. he just doesn't have a great ear IMO.

BTW, did Porter produce the Infinite album?

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

More like this i hope

I don't understand. Em is truly a hip-hop head. I know that's a fact. There's a part of me that thinks THIS is the type of shyt he really wants to make, and he has the pull and the say at this point in his career to do that---to make an album for the true school hip-hop heads.

Are Rosenberg and Iovine that powerful where they strong arm him into making these pop joints with Skylar Gray? Or am I wrong and Em just makes a joint like this one here with Buckshot every now and again to throw us a bone?

Also...someone tell Em that Alchemist is his DJ. :mindblown:

I genuinely think if Em wanted to lock away and do an album with Just Blaze, Havoc, Mr. Porter, Alchemist, and Dr. Dre, that he could just do that at this point. The shyt's gonna sell no matter what. Just do 1-2 pop joints and make a hard ass album.

Just Blaze said they did Cold Wind Blows and 4-5 other hard joints for Recovery, but most of them got cut, and Cold Wind Blows was the only banger that stayed out of the bunch they did.

I'll never get it.

Last edited:

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410
Hope Royce executive produces and helps select beats, I liked the bad meets evil album more than anything Em has done since

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Just Blaze said they did Cold Wind Blows and 405 other hard joints for Recovery,
Four hundred unreleased Just Blaze beats???
full

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I don't understand. Em is truly a hip-hop head. I know that's a fact. There's a part of me that thinks THIS is the type of shyt he really wants to make, and he has the pull and the say at this point in his career to do that---to make an album for the true school hip-hop heads.

Are Rosenberg and Iovine that powerful where they strong arm him into making these pop joints with Skylar Gray? Or am I wrong and Em just makes a joint like this one here with Buckshot every now and again to throw us a bone?

Also...someone tell Em that Alchemist is his DJ. :mindblown:

I genuinely think if Em wanted to lock away and do an album with Just Blaze, Havoc, Mr. Porter, Alchemist, and Dr. Dre, that he could just do that at this point. The shyt's gonna sell no matter what. Just do 1-2 pop joints and make a hard ass album.

Just Blaze said they did Cold Wind Blows and 405 other hard joints for Recovery, but most of them got cut, and Cold Wind Blows was the only banger that stayed out of the bunch they did.

I'll never get it.

Em is the golden goose and he's on his last couple eggs with no real replacement in sight. I think that's what Drake was supposed to be but I don't think that's going to pan out.

You look at how Relapse rolled out...that was the album that seemed like he had more control over. He went and made his version of Dare Iz A Darkside (look at the cover and opening tracks) and sold the least records he ever has with a solo album and really had no "hits" to speak of. Next album we get Eminem's version of top 40 stuff. Even with it going 2 x plat, him doing a real live rap album at that point in his career was a failed experiment in their eyes.

Interscope doesn't give a fukk about Hip Hop like that, they could care less that his core fans want this or that sound, they trying to keep the gravy train rolling, which is why I was hoping maybe he would move to Def Jam with Paul if his contract was up.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I'd be willing to bet that this new album will have some parallels with The Eminem Show.

I hope so.. Probably my favorite album of his overall, really thought he was heading in that direction

Em is the golden goose and he's on his last couple eggs with no real replacement in sight. I think that's what Drake was supposed to be but I don't think that's going to pan out.

You look at how Relapse rolled out...that was the album that seemed like he had more control over. He went and made his version of Dare Iz A Darkside (look at the cover and opening tracks) and sold the least records he ever has with a solo album and really had no "hits" to speak of. Next album we get Eminem's version of top 40 stuff. Even with it going 2 x plat, him doing a real live rap album at that point in his career was a failed experiment in their eyes.

Interscope doesn't give a fukk about Hip Hop like that, they could care less that his core fans want this or that sound, they trying to keep the gravy train rolling, which is why I was hoping maybe he would move to Def Jam with Paul if his contract was up.

makes me wonder how he'd fare as an indy artist at this point of his career.