Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Really describes his creativity.

3 comeback to the “old Eminem”/“going hard Eminem” albums and a 2nd mediocre edition of MMLP.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I couldn’t give 2 shyts about any flag let alone some random state in America. Been listening to Yela since 2010 and I don’t see a reason to stop unless he completely changes his style or starts spitting some racist shyt. As far as I know he hasn’t done that so as long as this new album is in the vein of Love Story then it should be a dope album
The confederate flag isn't a state flag breh.
It was the flag for the states that seceded from the Union so they could continue to enslave, rape and murder black people.
They literally went to war over enslaving, raping and murdering black people.

The confederate flag is a racist symbol and no white rapper should ever rock it like Yelawolf did.

You wrote that you didn't see a reason to stop listening to Yelawolf unless he spit some racist shyt. Well, he wore a jacket with a racist symbol on it. There's you're reason.

I understand that you aren't from the US and therefore I wouldn't expect you to know all of this.
I'm not :bustback:at you either breh. I've always considered you one of the better posters on here :psalute:

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't understand. Em is truly a hip-hop head. I know that's a fact. There's a part of me that thinks THIS is the type of shyt he really wants to make, and he has the pull and the say at this point in his career to do that---to make an album for the true school hip-hop heads.

Are Rosenberg and Iovine that powerful where they strong arm him into making these pop joints with Skylar Gray? Or am I wrong and Em just makes a joint like this one here with Buckshot every now and again to throw us a bone?

Also...someone tell Em that Alchemist is his DJ. :mindblown:

I genuinely think if Em wanted to lock away and do an album with Just Blaze, Havoc, Mr. Porter, Alchemist, and Dr. Dre, that he could just do that at this point. The shyt's gonna sell no matter what. Just do 1-2 pop joints and make a hard ass album.

Just Blaze said they did Cold Wind Blows and 4-5 other hard joints for Recovery, but most of them got cut, and Cold Wind Blows was the only banger that stayed out of the bunch they did.

I'll never get it.

Eminem is the only artist really making the company bread through music sales especially Shady records, no one making them money. He has to make music thats gonna make maximum profit.

KangCraSS

Bytch Killa
Daps
Reppin
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TOWN
I remember Porter did like one beat on Recovery and it was damn near the best joint (if not the best) on there. He's got access to so much fire, and doesn't use it. I don't get it. he just doesn't have a great ear IMO.

BTW, did Porter produce the Infinite album?

I'm not sure, I'm thinking it was the Bass brothers but who knows. He has Dj Kahlil, Mr Porter, Focus and Dre at his call. The nikka has the ear of Hellen Keller

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I'm not sure, I'm thinking it was the Bass brothers but who knows. He has Dj Kahlil, Mr Porter, Focus and Dre at his call. The nikka has the ear of Hellen Keller

Alchemist as well.

Some rappers don't have the musicality like that, which is why you used to see producer/rapper tandems crank out such good shyt. It's why Relapse (IMO) is arguably his best overall album because Dre handled the musicality and there is trust there.

Trying to pair him with all the hot new producers gets you Recovery...an Eminem album that a lot of non-Eminem fans liked.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
The confederate flag isn't a state flag breh.
It was the flag for the states that seceded from the Union so they could continue to enslave, rape and murder black people.
They literally went to war over enslaving, raping and murdering black people.

The confederate flag is a racist symbol and no white rapper should ever rock it like Yelawolf did.

You wrote that you didn't see a reason to stop listening to Yelawolf unless he spit some racist shyt. Well, he wore a jacket with a racist symbol on it. There's you're reason.

I understand that you aren't from the US and therefore I wouldn't expect you to know all of this.
I'm not :bustback:at you either breh. I've always considered you one of the better posters on here :psalute:

I kind of knew what it was about, he can’t rock it to show love to his region and history? If it’s THAT entangled in the racist movement then no black rappers should be trying it either. It wouldn’t surprise me if he did end up being racist just based on his background and stereotyping based on his image.