Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

Future Hendrix

Ertz Wentz & Fire
Daps
Reppin
Philly
The coli gonna see the usual influx of unknown posters calling the album great and then everyone will stop talking about it a week after it drops. Rinse repeat recycle...

Dude been trash MOST his career. But he's in the goat discussion somehow.
dude highkey been trash his whole career. first 3 albums overrated af. all he did was rap about raping his mom and beating his wife and calling out pop stars all while being one himself and doing songs with them years later. i dont really give a fukk about mnm but his fans the wackest cornballs ever so i gotta talk shyt on him.

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
I'm a relapse apologist and will be until the day i die....arguably eminems most lyrical album...and it was entirely produced by dre....exactly what i wanted and still want from eminem....unfortunately, money talks and recovery was the album that gave him that commercial renaissance....but its pretty simple, if eminem can do the following things hes good: stop screaming, stop rapping fast/jamming too many words in a bar for the sake of a rhyme, stop trying to sing, and mellow out/get back to the substance mixed with wit/humor, he's good....he has to either have a lot of yes men around him who are scared to tell him some shyts trash or have jimmy iovine in his ear telling him to keep trying to duplicate what worked on recovery (which is evident if u watched the defiant ones doc)... I'll always listen to an eminem album bc theres not too many ppl in his class that are still rapping at such a high calibre but i'd be remiss if i didn't say he's sacrificed music quality for the sake of being "lyrical"...hell a "dumbed down" eminem is shytting on 90% of these dudes out here...

Relapse still had questionable material and could've been much better with a quality editing ear. Careful what you wish for, my darling, buffalo bill, hell breaks loose etc. But the material from that era and Dre production is my favorite from Em and his most replay able.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
You rep confederate flag?

I couldn’t give 2 shyts about any flag let alone some random state in America. Been listening to Yela since 2010 and I don’t see a reason to stop unless he completely changes his style or starts spitting some racist shyt. As far as I know he hasn’t done that so as long as this new album is in the vein of Love Story then it should be a dope album