Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
Hopefully it's a revival of that Infinite sound. I was big into Em back in the day but he needs to sort himself out. I don't even think I fully listened to his past couple of albums.

The MMLP2 should have been called something else because it was nothing like the first one.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
lmao this seems dope so far.

I love Relapse, probably my favorite Em album but when it didn't do the type of numbers interscope was used to they came with the top 40 bullshyt because the previous was too dark...kinda sapped the nessecary humor out of Em's music. Then MMLP 2 was kinda about tying up loose ends, again, very little fun.

This seems like a good medium between the fun/absurdist Eminem and the version of him that has came out the "relapse" with the clarity of a record like "Beautiful".

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Hopefully it's a revival of that Infinite sound. I was big into Em back in the day but he needs to sort himself out. I don't even think I fully listened to his past couple of albums.

The MMLP2 should have been called something else because it was nothing like the first one.
:mjgrin:You didn't like stan part 2

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
yeah, I ain't gonna lie. that's pretty clever cross promotion. got nikkas to actually pay attention to a post about yelawolf.

em's an amazing rapper, but dude's too old to be rapping about the shyt he be rapping about on tired ass beats. let this nikka get a mike will made it beat or something. rather have him rapping on something decent and sounding out of place than rapping on something old sounding old.

no and no :mjpls:

MouseTeeth

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens
lmao this seems dope so far.

I love Relapse, probably my favorite Em album but when it didn't do the type of numbers interscope was used to they came with the top 40 bullshyt because the previous was too dark...kinda sapped the nessecary humor out of Em's music. Then MMLP 2 was kinda about tying up loose ends, again, very little fun.

This seems like a good medium between the fun/absurdist Eminem and the version of him that has came out the "relapse" with the clarity of a record like "Beautiful".

I'm a relapse apologist and will be until the day i die....arguably eminems most lyrical album...and it was entirely produced by dre....exactly what i wanted and still want from eminem....unfortunately, money talks and recovery was the album that gave him that commercial renaissance....but its pretty simple, if eminem can do the following things hes good: stop screaming, stop rapping fast/jamming too many words in a bar for the sake of a rhyme, stop trying to sing, and mellow out/get back to the substance mixed with wit/humor, he's good....he has to either have a lot of yes men around him who are scared to tell him some shyts trash or have jimmy iovine in his ear telling him to keep trying to duplicate what worked on recovery (which is evident if u watched the defiant ones doc)... I'll always listen to an eminem album bc theres not too many ppl in his class that are still rapping at such a high calibre but i'd be remiss if i didn't say he's sacrificed music quality for the sake of being "lyrical"...hell a "dumbed down" eminem is shytting on 90% of these dudes out here...