Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm a relapse apologist and will be until the day i die....arguably eminems most lyrical album...and it was entirely produced by dre....exactly what i wanted and still want from eminem....unfortunately, money talks and recovery was the album that gave him that commercial renaissance....but its pretty simple, if eminem can do the following things hes good: stop screaming, stop rapping fast/jamming too many words in a bar for the sake of a rhyme, stop trying to sing, and mellow out/get back to the substance mixed with wit/humor, he's good....he has to either have a lot of yes men around him who are scared to tell him some shyts trash or have jimmy iovine in his ear telling him to keep trying to duplicate what worked on recovery (which is evident if u watched the defiant ones doc)... I'll always listen to an eminem album bc theres not too many ppl in his class that are still rapping at such a high calibre but i'd be remiss if i didn't say he's sacrificed music quality for the sake of being "lyrical"...hell a "dumbed down" eminem is shytting on 90% of these dudes out here...
Proof was the guy in the circle that provided the type of critique you're speaking of. Now, yes there are a bunch of yes man. If he's working with Porter on this maybe he can reel Em in. Em has alway did well over Porter production.

FSP

Banned
Daps
IM ALL FOR OVER 40s rappers making a comeback. Imagine if him and Jay both released some fuego in 2017:ohhh:

These jits might get schooled by the GOATs once again:wow:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If he's back on drugs when he was in his prime 99-03, I would def check it out but now he's annoying as fukk and his voice had me :huhldup:. It likes he doesn't know how to flow over beats anymore, etc. That's why he always said "cut the beat" before he spits the freestyle. I was like damn, "Wtf happened to old Eminem".......