Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Dude has Alchemist, and refuse's to use him.

Last Em song I like and I only bump.... Give me an album like this and ill buy it

Why does everyone keep saying this?

Em is basically a hermit who stays at his house all the time. For Alc to work with Em, Em has to fly out to LA cuz Alc works on his own terms. It’s not as if Alc has all these beats set aside for Em and he’s rejecting them.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I dont think this is true. Interscope is notorious for controlling albums creatively. Even happens to kendrick, he just got lucky with humble. It was a rare song that was so hard and commercially viable it had commercial success. It baffles me how em wont contract moder popular artist or producers. Its come across as some above the culture shyt..
But really em never been a hater...2chainz was supposedly on this album originally. Em has the freedom to colaborate with whoever but album selection is heavily in control of label imo. The label know his audience and tried to appeal as needed. This doesnt absolve em from the garbage on this product though. Even if labels give you a turd sandwhich, atleast try to put some hot sauce, chedar cheese, and heroin in it. This shyt inexcusable.
There’s a trade off with Kendrick. They let him do him on albums, but then you get Taylor Swift and Maroon 5 songs with his verses on em.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Hard to stay inspired when the record label has you by the balls and you have to meet a sales quota.Eminem brings out an album,he has to follow the label agenda.
So em is like,

yo i wanna make a straight up hip hop album, wanna get Nas, Jay, Ye and make straight bangers...

Label: :whoa: we were thinking maybe we go a different route...what u think about working with.....Pink?:smugdraper:

Em: uh.....yeah....ok.

Label: don't worry em, u know u our favorite whiteboy right. Next time u can work with some of the blacks u like. But we have a quota to hit. Skyler Grey is in the studio right now, she has some awesome ideas. Now run along we have money we need to count.:win:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Em is basically a hermit who stays at his house all the time. For Alc to work with Em, Em has to fly out to LA cuz Alc works on his own terms. It’s not as if Alc has all these beats set aside for Em and he’s rejecting them.

I'm a huge Alc fan and you make some very good points. The only thing I might disagree with is that I do think Alc would be willing to fly out to lock in the studio with Eminem, if Em really wanted it. You're right. Al isn't sending out beat CDs anymore and he doesn't seek out placements for projects. And 90% of what he releases is recorded at his house in Cali. But he's said before that if Em wanted to lock in for a week or so and really work on some music together, that he would do it.

Eminem actually either recorded on this beat, or was about to, for The Eminem Show. For some reason it either was a leftover or Em never cut the vocals and Al ended up giving it to Styles.

Regardless I can't imagine anyone else on this beat and I'm glad Styles got it.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I hate on Em a lot and never said the first part.

Ya'll gotta understand that a lot of us that were born in the 80's were coming of age in a time where this dude was heralded as one of the GOATs and got that same respect from many of the genuine best of all time.

It's just really crazy for a lot of us to see the guy that outrapped Jay-Z on his own joint turn into a straight up struggle rapper.

He's still a giant star, so you gotta expect that people are gonna at least listen once
He barely outrapped Jay and it was obviously a fluke. You cannot name a single beat on Blueprint besides renegade that Jay Z would both have not outrapped Em on.
nikkas are going a bit overboard with the hate.

:whoa:Now, I'm not saying this is heat (no pun intended), but this isn't much worse than Recovery, just not as many anthem/stadium tracks, and nothing as sick as "On Fire". There is some really good MCing on here in places. There are some flashes of brilliance here and there.

He needs an Executive Producer/A and R that isn't afraid to tell him what is wack and what isn't. With proper guidance, he could still drop a near classic or classic. It appears he just shouldn't be left to his own devices when creating an album. He's still top 5 percent skill wise. The songs that are focused have good lyrics for the most point. The cringe lines people mentioned were mostly on the random/freestyle/filler songs. Some of them didn't come off nearly as bad as they did on paper. I seriously think I could do it. I'd let him make like 2 radio joints to shut up the label and the rest would be pure piff. No Drake/pop producers, no goofy punchlines, no bad rock sampling. Now back to this King Just album.

And for the record, I am black :martin:
Stop. He sucks.

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
He barely outrapped Jay and it was obviously a fluke. You cannot name a single beat on Blueprint besides renegade that Jay Z would both h

I'm not sure what else you were about to say, but I don't think Eminem out-rapped Jay on Blueprint. It's sort of a "common hip-hop opinion" that he did, but I think they did equally well. Jay wasn't trying to do all the syllables and crazy rhyme schemes. He was just doing a calm flow and dropping jewels. Some of Jay's most quotable bars are from that song. "They say I only rap about jewels. Do you fools listen to music, or do you just skim through it?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I'm a huge Alc fan and you make some very good points. The only thing I might disagree with is that I do think Alc would be willing to fly out to lock in the studio with Eminem, if Em really wanted it. You're right. Al isn't sending out beat CDs anymore and he doesn't seek out placements for projects. And 90% of what he releases is recorded at his house in Cali. But he's said before that if Em wanted to lock in for a week or so and really work on some music together, that he would do it.

Eminem actually either recorded on this beat, or was about to, for The Eminem Show. For some reason it either was a leftover or Em never cut the vocals and Al ended up giving it to Styles.

Regardless I can't imagine anyone else on this beat and I'm glad Styles got it.

Em would have to fly out to see Alc though. Alc is a different dude. That’s why his output isn’t as it was. If you see him though you could fukk around and get a whole album out of it because that’s just how he rolls.

Em might as well see him because Em’s problem is that he’s cut off from so much. Even Skylar Grey was like “all he does is stay home and watch TV.” When that’s all you do, it’s easy to disconnect with everyone else.