Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Reddit is hilarious

:mjlol:

"I just finished my 4th listen of the album and I can't stop smiling. Holy fukk guess who's back? Em has done it again with another instant classic. After every track I'm like oh shyt banger, classic, classic, banger, banger now this is hip-hop. I've been bumping the new Jay-Z and CunninLynguists album but fukk that I'm deleting those and I'm going to go through my library and delete other albums. Em has set a new bar and standard with Revival and what I look for in a good hip-hop album. I still can't believe he's been in the game for 15+ years. The way he has evolved, grown and matured as an artist over the years "My dikk is an apple she wants me to put it inside her (in cider)." What a dope album. I'm a 20 y/o political science student and Hillary supporter and the bars he spits dissing Trump has left me in tears of joy. When I get back to my dorm tonight I'm going to crack open a cold bottle of cat piss (Mountain Dew) shove a buttplug in my ass (my gerbil ran away) while jerking off to this lit af banger of an album all fukking night and into the morning this is straight fukking fire. Thank you Em for once again raising the bar and crushing wack MCs. Bend the knee motherfukkers another masterpiece from the Rap God!"
:gucci:

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
relistened and yeah, like everyone saying this shyt is trash

only tracks I mess with are believe and the ed sheeran track. theyre the only ones mostly devoid of the corny wordplay and have good flows. the rest f the tracklisting is a minefield of some of the worst wordplay of all time and forced, choppy ass flows that are too hard on the ears.

That said, that song Heat, even being a relentless, full out, nonstop assault of corny wordplay, literally line after line after line of corny wordplay, is still enjoyable to me as its obviously a stupid as fukk song with no point.

Daps
off 1st listen this is definitely NOT worse than Encore

I know we hate Em here but be realistic :heh:

not his best work but not his worst

had no expectations going in so :manny:

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
Wow, that was tough, listened to it front to back, had to take breaks every couple songs cause it really was a chore getting through this, the last 12 seconds of the album are the sounds of a toilet flushing, can only assume thats a subliminal aimed at the listeners. Heres a quick break down of the album
1-walk on water:no beat to rank, lyrics are Em complaining about people complaining about him.
2-believe:beat is tolerable, better suited for someone else, em bites the "new rap" flow and asks in a most cringe worthy manner if the consuming public still believes, general consensus is they do not.
3-chloraseptic:probably the most tolerable song on the album, but not very good, Em experiments with his Big Sean/Drake flows over a beat that blends Gucci mane trap drums and Diplomats esque operatics
4-Untouchable:Em speaking up for the plight of young black males in America over a beat that most certainly alienates most residents of any urban environment.
5-River:Em rapping about male/female dynamics over pop beat with pop hook.
6/7 Remind me:Em rapping about male/female dynamics over rock track with rock hook.
8-Revival interlude:A clip from a Florence & The Machine album or something, i dunno.
9-Like Home:Love song for 'merica, softer than a chinchilla rabbit hybrid.
10-Bad Husband:Em rapping about the married male/female dynamics over a folk-hop beat with a folk-rock chorus.
11-Tragic Endings:Em rapping about more male/female dynamics over a wack beat with a chorus by Skylar Grey that is anything but hip hop
12-Framed:Em back on his Slim Shady killin broads shyt, out of place on this album, beat sounds like a leftover from Cypress Hills 4th album. Nothing special but I imagine the Stanley's will regard this as the standout record.
13-Nowhere Fast:Weird combination of Em rapping about social issues and also how he can't be faded on the mic. Beat is trash, conceptually the song lives up to its title
14-Heat:terrible bars abundant over another awful rock track.
15-Offended:Beat sounds unfinished, at one point Em raps the childrens song "nobody likes me, everybody hates me, matter as well go eat worms" perhaps that would be time better spent for him. He's on his Slim Shady steez here, again, seems out of place in relation to this body of work.
16-Need Me:Another relationship with problems song over a very un-hip hop beat, but this one has Pink singing for the first 2 minutes of it.
17-In Your Head:Sad sack rappin over rock samples.
18-Castle:Daddy daughter dedication over a tolerable beat and a tolerable hook. Maybe the most tolerable selection on the album and also offers some hope in that Em raps this is his last album, although, sadly I fear that wont be the case.
19-Arose:Em eulogizes himself, mourns Proof and has a living funeral for himself. Beat is garbage. Album closes with church organs and a toilet flushing. Symbolizing his career dying and the substance of what may be his final effort. Appropriate.

Overall 0.75/10

Last edited:

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
So the leaked, ''Disc #2'' was all a sick and horrible fxcking joke?

Fam, I was patiently waiting for that new Gawdfather and Eminem joint it's not even funny.

I'm absolutely gutted!!:mjcry:

giphy.webp