Eminem - ''Rap God'' [FULL SONG OUT NOW]

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't understand Eminem.

Does he want me to like this song? or does he just want to show off that he can rap?

We get it.

You can rap.

You can rap fast.

You have different flows.

Now wheres the MUSIC fam?

Put those "skills" together and make something appealing.

Eminem is doing what I call "resume" rap. Talk about the past. rap about what you can do lyrically, brag about what you used to do, and ask us to crown you as this sort of "lyrical king"

BORING. :camby:

If you want to kick freestyles and meandering verses, go holler at all of those underground dudes you used to chill with.

Over time he's become such a one-dimensional artist, its insane. You can simply tell by his lack of effort when it comes to PRODUCTION.

sounds like fukking clown music.

The thing about Eminem is that besides his family, without a doubt the biggest influence of his original classic work was him being the villain to White America originally and that helped ignite him when he used to actually release good music.....

It sounds cliché but its true.....

If you notice, it seems people don't even discuss him that more like they used to. Obviously we know he is still always a big seller but I am referring to year long.

He embraced the "bad guy" too much and did not have a backup plan of what to rap about when he no longer had that title anymore. Now Kanye seems to have that title.

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Beat clearly isn't as bad as everyone's saying. I'm kind of digging it as well. And he spazzed the fukk out on this shyt. Everyone saying "but he can't make a "good song" needs to :camby:. This isn't supposed to be a "good song". This shyt is 6 minutes of pure SPITTING. This is 6 minutes of him telling all of y'all doubters that "yo...I still got it...see?"

But of course we're on The Coli, where he is, always has been, and always will be trash. Someone had a great post earlier in this thread where they said "y'all on the Coli didn't see this coming"...that's the God's honest truth. Got everyone scrambling for excuses cause he dropped some shyt that A. everyone keeps saying they want, but B. didn't think he'd actually do it. So now it's "the beat is trash" or "it's not a good song :scusthov:" or "Bu...bu...but the replay value is low" :smh:

Keep grasping at them straws. I know one thing: if Jay (or God FORBID Kanye) had dropped this same exact track, shyt would be hailed as the best drop of this generation. Hell, Kanye dropped an album full of trash and you got ppl out here pretending it's a classic. If he dropped some shyt like this that was actually dope? We'd never, EVER hear the end of it. Be 10 years down the line, talking about "yeah, but remember when he dropped "Rap God"? The difference is Em can do this effortlessly. We EXPECT this out of him, so when he does bring it, you got a bunch of clowns that STILL say it's underwhelming. That man just can't win in y'alls eyes.
Wdf if Jay released this song I would be like :what: :why:

This song is not and has never been Jay's style

Stop it nikka

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Beat clearly isn't as bad as everyone's saying. I'm kind of digging it as well. And he spazzed the fukk out on this shyt. Everyone saying "but he can't make a "good song" needs to :camby:. This isn't supposed to be a "good song". This shyt is 6 minutes of pure SPITTING. This is 6 minutes of him telling all of y'all doubters that "yo...I still got it...see?"

But of course we're on The Coli, where he is, always has been, and always will be trash. Someone had a great post earlier in this thread where they said "y'all on the Coli didn't see this coming"...that's the God's honest truth. Got everyone scrambling for excuses cause he dropped some shyt that A. everyone keeps saying they want, but B. didn't think he'd actually do it. So now it's "the beat is trash" or "it's not a good song :scusthov:" or "Bu...bu...but the replay value is low" :smh:

Keep grasping at them straws. I know one thing: if Jay (or God FORBID Kanye) had dropped this same exact track, shyt would be hailed as the best drop of this generation. Hell, Kanye dropped an album full of trash and you got ppl out here pretending it's a classic. If he dropped some shyt like this that was actually dope? We'd never, EVER hear the end of it. Be 10 years down the line, talking about "yeah, but remember when he dropped "Rap God"? The difference is Em can do this effortlessly. We EXPECT this out of him, so when he does bring it, you got a bunch of clowns that STILL say it's underwhelming. That man just can't win in y'alls eyes.

ALLL THIS...

Yeezus is a classic tho :beli:

But the rest of this post...IS THE TRUTH....Do I have to say this again..

When Relapse dropped on :hamster:..nikkas really actually :lupe: because they REALLY didn't expect Em to come THAT tough on the album lyrically (especially with Dre's production on that album which was :ahh:). On Relapse did EXACTLY what y'all wanted him to do and that's rap about that crazy shyt with that Slim Shady persona. With VENGEANCE :damn: and nikkas in :hamster: were SHOCKED and they HAD to admit the album was good.

Then ALL OF A SUDDEN when time went by hating ass nikkas voiced their opinion and now the album is :trash:

So..Em listened to it and went mainstream and did Recovery which was EXACTLY what them mainstream nikkas wanted him to do and STILL nikkas called it :trash:

So for nikkas to call this :trash: is not surprising to me.

Cuz u know DAMN well that if Kendrick dropped this record nikkas would be like :gladbron:

MilesTeg

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Uh-oh, a white person made a rap song again, better hate on it.

There are a couple parts where if you listen to the song underwater, you can pretend like he said the "n word.' THE NERVE OF HIM! HOW DARE HE! GRRR!

See you guys at the Black Panther meeting tonight - I brought some Beastie Boys and Atmosphere albums to burn.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Me at 4:30:

beta204.gif

Just realized this goes to the beat if you start the song at the right time. :banderas:

ROFLOCO

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The flow, delivery, and beat were all on point (only downside was that the content is lacking). This is one of the best eminem tracks I've heard in a long ass time -- I've been clowning the white boy hard since TES.

He didn't have to revert to his old style (SSLP/MMLP) to go in on this. It's new/fresh and he murdered it.

The chorus is catchy as fukk too.

10/10.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Here's my 2 cents.

I don't like the song because he's basically rambling for 6 minutes.

Having said that, some of you are hating your asses off. If you think the song is wack ok cool but to say he can't rap....you're insane. If rapping like this was easy (and I mean the deliveries, flow, etc. not the lyrical content) then everyone would be doing it. His technical skills are out of this world, which is why the other rappers the Booth jocks always give him love. It's unfortunate that his skills rarely translate into good music.

Fred.

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
This clown usin sped up vocals to rap fast in some parts. Pathetic. Aight lyrical gymnastics but the lines are fukkin garbage and the cadences are Horrible. Dre in the studio like :rudy:

Time to retire and spend time with your family em. fukking TRASH. :camby: