Emergency #SonySet Meeting - ALL HANDS ON DECK!

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I dont see how this hurts Sony for the foreseeable future

It’s going to take literally years to see what this means for Microsoft from a business prospective. Number 1 above all else, MS shareholders now see that 70 billion and they expect it to come back and then some. It’s about profit. Everything will be mutiplat at least until a profit in the billions can be reported back. That’ll take time. The shareholders dont care about these console wars were talking about, they want to see the money and returns.

This is the gaming equivalent of the Fox acquisition by Disney. You wont feel it’s effects for a very long time other than a couple of cool DLCs or “cameos”. The merging of infrastructures is going to be something that has to be planned out and done right.

It's going to hurt a lot because Sony relied on sales or COD on their system. COD bought revenue to their company pockets which could possibly be taken away. That's a big fukking deal.

Best believe Sony having meetings the next couple of days.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
It's going to hurt a lot because Sony relied on sales or COD on their system. COD bought revenue to their company pockets which could possibly be taken away. That's a big fukking deal.

Best believe Sony having meetings the next couple of days.
Sony prolly reassessing their strategy. I honestly doubt Microsoft gonna make COD exclusive. U can look at Minecraft and see that they sometimes understand a franchise is bigger than their platform. But I will say that in the multiplayer shooter space. Microsoft is where it’s at so Sony has to play its strengths BIG TIME. Since they are already assisting Apple with their gaming division I could see an Apple merger possibly happening. Or maybe doing something with the PSVR2 and Meta.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
The cheapest and worst VR set up out :wow: yea, thats next :wow: Sony stans in shambles :wow:

I played the original and had a great time, this one will be even better for me and numerous others:yeshrug:

It sold 5 million which ain't bad for a first timer:ehh:

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I dont see how this hurts Sony for the foreseeable future

It’s going to take literally years to see what this means for Microsoft from a business prospective. Number 1 above all else, MS shareholders now see that 70 billion and they expect it to come back and then some. It’s about profit. Everything will be mutiplat at least until a profit in the billions can be reported back. That’ll take time. The shareholders dont care about these console wars were talking about, they want to see the money and returns.

This is the gaming equivalent of the Fox acquisition by Disney. You wont feel it’s effects for a very long time other than a couple of cool DLCs or “cameos”. The merging of infrastructures is going to be something that has to be planned out and done right.

Was thinking the same. Wonder what the strategy is to begin to recoup. The obvious is increasing GP subs but that's an awful lot to ask.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
...i've been a loyal sony playstation owner since '95. i've never played CoD or WoW in my life. i think sony will be just fine.

They are still 2 of the biggest franchises in the world.

Plus if you've been having a playstation for that long you've likely played Crash, Spyro and Tony Hawk. All M$ now

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
they made 8 billion in revenue in 2020...

3rd of that was console revenue and most of the console revenue came from Playstation Platforms.
most investments like this companies usually want a return in 10-20 years.. not the next year :russ:

if on the 14th year of this purchase, Microsoft made $1 billion profit, it would be all worth it..

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
How is it Jim Ryan’s fault that a company with unlimited funds is buying all the publishers. What do you want him to do about it. Might as well blame the Nintendo president as well

I'm being facetious haven't you seen the sentiment about him from Sony Ponies this past year?