Emergency #SonySet Meeting - ALL HANDS ON DECK!

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Microsoft has Gamepass on PC so even if they don't play on Xbox it's still a Win Win for them since now they will be the main client to support those games on PC. Those games if you don't have to pay full price for the game gives you an incentive to be in the ecosystem. Yea Sony ain't getting shyt exclusive now and basically Xbox will be the best place to play COD.

With this deal they have strong Console sellers and strong PC sellers.
Blizzards BNET client also isn't going anywhere, all those games will still be launched from that client on PC...Any attempt to fukk with BNET will kill the player bases of all those games turning this investment into a massive 68 billion L...

Right now though, this move is a W for MS corporation and its investors...If you're only interest in this is acquisition is from an investor standpoint, you should be very happy today, you have a reason to celebrate...

I'm looking at this purely from a gaming and long standing :hamster:/Coli tradition fanboy fukkery perspective...

If you just own an XBOX, what exactly are you celebrating from that pic dude posted? Blizzard PC games and candy crush no one wants to play on a console?

Let's keep it 100, WOW isn't selling XBOX's or GP subs...no XBOT on these forums is playing WOW and the few on here that do play that game ain't playing it on an XBOX or GP so what is the gain for you as a consumer?

To me this is like fans of a sports team celebrating a player acquisition who won't suit up for them like they won a championship...:heh:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Breh stop…MS way of “thinking ahead” was spending a shytload of money to acquire successful IPs …
:comeon:
While Sony spends shytloads on timed exclusives and in cases like final fantasy, MGS4 and many others they’ll keep paying for that. They was created this way. Capcom made the ps2 hot, didn’t they recently but insomniac after they was making Xbox titles just a Gen ago?

You love to forget all that while y’al crying over todays news :bryan:
Yeah, I’m mad i dont get to play WoW and CoD two games i have literally never played lol
Then you don’t belong here sir
Why am I worried? Can I play Wolverine on Xbox? No. This says more to me about what Microsoft can't do, which is to get developers to make some damn good exclusives for them, the way Sony has. fukk around and Sony may do what Microsoft can't, or can do more easily, and buy a Japanese developer.
Can you play wolverine on PlayStation right now? So you’re naming titles from 2025 meaning you got a 3yr wait at minimum and that’s you talking up new games. Xbox has twice as many new ips in development and they are closer to launch than most of Sony. Xbox let it be known a long time ago they wasn’t playing around. Starfield 11-11-22 buddy
And while I could go thru all the names of games we know are near like Hellblade 2. I’ll just let your ignorance on this subject resonate in this thread :blessed:
And the odds of an American company purchasing a Japanese one are very slim. That would be monumental news.
Not slim at all, or there would never be rumors about them buying capcom, Konami, Sega. Companies from all over the world are bought and sold every year. The “difficulties” in buying from Japan is overblown and isn’t a barrier like you think

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They had exclusive and marketing deals with both bethesda and Activision. They can’t really afford to play that game anymore

They don't got microsoft money and even if they decide to buy those companies Microsoft could easily swoop in outbid them without burning a hole in they pocket. Microsoft got thanos money.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They don't got microsoft money and even if they decide to buy those companies Microsoft could easily swoop in outbid them without burning a hole in they pocket. Microsoft got thanos money.

They have more than enough money to play. They don’t gotta spend 68b to buy a publishers. The majority of publishers are in their price range, It’s stuff like mobile department that inflated activision number

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They have more than enough money to play. They don’t gotta spend 68b to buy a publishers. The majority of publishers are in their price range, It’s stuff like mobile department that inflated activision number

Until I see Sony legit buy a publisher I'll eat my words. They will spend that 16 billion they have on different developers rather than buying a big publisher like Sega, Capcom or Square Enix. They never have and I don't think they will change that. Sony and Microsoft have two different approaches in gaming. Microsoft buys ready made publishers and Sony invests in new talent developers and creates them into studios.

Which I don't mind Sony's approach because they always introduce new shyt to gaming this way.

Last edited:

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
TakeTwo is worth 17B. Sony needs to cop that shyt immediately and make GTA come out every 2-3 years instead of once a decade.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Until I see Sony legit buy a publisher I'll eat my words. They will spend that 16 billion they have on different developers rather than buying a big publisher like Sega, Capcom or Square Enix. They never have and I don't think they will change that. Sony and Microsoft have two different approaches in gaming. Microsoft buys ready made publishers and Sony invests in new talent developers and creates them into studios.

Which I don't mind Sony's approach because they always introduce new shyt to gaming this way.

I’d prefer them to continue buying smaller publishers but they can’t let the rest of the industry become consolidated around them. It’s just not smart, especially when they have huge gaps in their line up now.

WRPGs and Shooters are like 90% on xbox.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’d prefer them to continue buying smaller publishers but they can’t let the rest of the industry become consolidated around them. It’s just not smart

What stops Sony from creating there own IP to go against Call of duty. They can certainly do it. They have the talent to do it. They could fukk around and bring Socom back because of this. This is the type of shyt I liked to see in gaming. Give me a reason in owning both consoles. Microsoft is clearly drawing the line in the sand with this. Sony will find a way to hold they own. As long as they keep providing exclusive experiences they good.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
What stops Sony from creating there own IP to go against Call of duty. They can certainly do it. They have the talent to do it. They could fukk around and bring Socom back because of this. This is the type of shyt I liked to see in gaming. Give me a reason in owning both consoles. Microsoft is clearly drawing the line in the sand with this. Sony will find a way to hold they own. As long as they keep providing exclusive experiences they good.

Brand recognition is strong with casuals. You could have a multiplayer game that is 10x’s better than CoD in every way imaginable its not gonna sell half the annual CoD numbers

We saw it tank critically and lose a bunch of sales this past year. Everyone said CoD was done, halo was king etc. It still ended up being the biggest selling game last month… Most people don’t care how good CoD, FIFA, 2k is, they have auto pay set up for it in perpetuity

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here's the thing with thinking Sony can just buy a publisher to counter. They gotta wanna sell. Xbox got Bethesda because its owner was in bad health and wanted to sell while he still could. Activision Blizzard was in a PR nightmare. Every other publisher is having record years or are in good shape and not looking to sell.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brand recognition is strong with casuals. You could have a multiplayer game that is 10x’s better than CoD in every way imaginable its not gonna sell half the annual CoD numbers

We saw it tank critically and lose a bunch of sales this past year. Everyone said CoD was done, halo was king etc. It still ended up being the biggest selling game last month… Most people don’t care how good CoD, FIFA, 2k is, they have auto pay set up for it in perpetuity

COD is an elite franchise and Sony will take an L in some way once timed exclusive games and content release on Xbox gamepass. But that doesn't mean they won't have shyt to soften the blow. Which they are banking on.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
COD is an elite franchise and Sony will take an L in some way once timed exclusive games and content release on Xbox gamepass. But that doesn't mean they won't have shyt to soften the blow. Which they are banking on.

Once again, i think its gonna be interesting to see how sony respond. I don’t see a little indie studio acquisition being the next big thing sony announce. It can’t be, especially with the fiscal reports coming up

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Once again, i think its gonna be interesting to see how sony respond. I don’t see a little indie studio acquisition being the next big thing sony announce. It can’t be, especially with the fiscal reports coming up

They definitely needs something to cool down this news. It's crazy Switch is dominating Japan which they pissed on and Microsoft has the potential to close the gap in a America.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They definitely needs something to cool down this news. It's crazy Switch is dominating Japan which they pissed on and Microsoft has the potential to close the gap in a America.

Thats why i think sony need to acquire capcom or square enix, if they are gonna lose or be neck and neck with microsoft in North America again they need to expand their reach in japan again.

I also dont think nintendo will keep its momentum going into next gen so sony still has an opportunity once the production shortage gets sorted out to reclaim their market share there